Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126439 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4035 on: April 21, 2013, 12:43:25 pm »

I would be up to design a pirate ship, I think. Biggest challenge will be making it look pirate-y and patched togheter from various stuffs. For example, the teleporter room would just be one of the teleporters that's floating out in space attached to the ship and with a few walls removed.

Also, Girlinhat, you made the round awesome yesterday. You should just have, you know, changed your hairstyle. Right before I had to go I noticed who you were just by your hair. Walk up to a mirror (dorms toilets have some mirrors) to change your hairstyle. That was a very hectic and fun round. It's hard to express in words how much the security borg helped. You can thank Stef for the fact that everything didn't completely go to shit. I could hardly have had a better borg that round. I was constantly telling him to go somewhere and arrest someone. Nobody gave a fuck, nobody tried to Law-2 their way out of arrest.

E: Also, emags don't work on ID computers anymore, apparantly. I tried it in sandbox, and they just refuse to work. Is this a glitch?

I don't think they ever did, neither /tg/ nor BS12 wikis mention the ID computers as Emaggable in the Emag description.

However, you can use Agent ID to copy HoP/Cap access and use it then, but by then, what's the point?
I very much remember emagging one. It even produced a second cap's spare ID.

Also, first time as QM. I felt more powerfull than I did as HoP.
QM is very fun if the cargo techs play along.  Demand every request be stamped by a department head before it's allowed.  Watch the clown order more supplies than the security officer!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: April 21, 2013, 12:45:12 pm »

The best part is when you get an emitter from engineering and the chaplain raids the vault to get a scythe. I had around 450 supply points. It was glorious. Then xenos came and I dual-wielded combat shotgun. At that point I got locked into a corner and critted. They failed to hug me so I just died D:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 12:49:15 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: April 21, 2013, 12:55:07 pm »

I would be up to design a pirate ship, I think. Biggest challenge will be making it look pirate-y and patched togheter from various stuffs. For example, the teleporter room would just be one of the teleporters that's floating out in space attached to the ship and with a few walls removed.

Also, Girlinhat, you made the round awesome yesterday. You should just have, you know, changed your hairstyle. Right before I had to go I noticed who you were just by your hair. Walk up to a mirror (dorms toilets have some mirrors) to change your hairstyle. That was a very hectic and fun round. It's hard to express in words how much the security borg helped. You can thank Stef for the fact that everything didn't completely go to shit. I could hardly have had a better borg that round. I was constantly telling him to go somewhere and arrest someone. Nobody gave a fuck, nobody tried to Law-2 their way out of arrest.

E: Also, emags don't work on ID computers anymore, apparantly. I tried it in sandbox, and they just refuse to work. Is this a glitch?

I don't think they ever did, neither /tg/ nor BS12 wikis mention the ID computers as Emaggable in the Emag description.

However, you can use Agent ID to copy HoP/Cap access and use it then, but by then, what's the point?
I very much remember emagging one. It even produced a second cap's spare ID.

Also, first time as QM. I felt more powerfull than I did as HoP.
QM is very fun if the cargo techs play along.  Demand every request be stamped by a department head before it's allowed.  Watch the clown order more supplies than the security officer!

Get your techs to get stamps and signatures and maybe even have people fill out forms. Hack your mule's for faster deliveries. Deliver an animal to every department. Turn the station into a zoo.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: April 21, 2013, 01:13:19 pm »

Chicken swarms in the all the hallways. Trademark of Zackary 'Needs a Distraction' Fryer.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: April 21, 2013, 02:23:17 pm »

Wow. I may hate goon discipline but they sure do have some nice toys. You can now go on space adventures in spaceships and battle automated drones in spaceship fights to get access to abandoned complexes. And find merchants selling and buying rare and illegal goods. Including military gear for your spaceship. Or shitty diner food.

Pity goon rounds rarely last for more than 45 minutes and the good stuff needs exorbitant amounts of cash.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: April 21, 2013, 02:48:02 pm »

Wow. I may hate goon discipline but they sure do have some nice toys. You can now go on space adventures in spaceships and battle automated drones in spaceship fights to get access to abandoned complexes. And find merchants selling and buying rare and illegal goods. Including military gear for your spaceship. Or shitty diner food.

Pity goon rounds rarely last for more than 45 minutes and the good stuff needs exorbitant amounts of cash isn't open source.

Plumphelmetpunk's latest episode 14 shows a bunch of features.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:04:25 pm by BigD145 »

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: April 21, 2013, 06:10:50 pm »

[randomthought]Bad things.
[/randomthought]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 06:35:39 pm by TheBronzePickle »
Nothing important here, move along.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: April 21, 2013, 06:21:34 pm »

???

:o

:-[

:'( :'( :'(

Not touching that topic with a fifty foot pole if you paid me.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: April 21, 2013, 06:26:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: April 21, 2013, 06:32:39 pm »

I suspect that a The Moon is a Harsh Mistress-style justice system would form to prevent that. For those not in the know, that's essentially "guilt = free trip out the nearest airlock". That also ignores the fact that such types would be robusted rather quickly. Finally, you should know from experience that this is a bad topic to bring up in any sort of context which has even the most remote potential for extensive discussion.

ಠ_ಠ

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: April 21, 2013, 06:35:07 pm »

Right, sorry. My wandering thoughts get ahead of me on occasion.
Nothing important here, move along.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: April 21, 2013, 06:37:44 pm »

Finally, you should know from experience that this is a bad topic to bring up in any sort of context which has even the most remote potential for extensive discussion.
Not extensive discussion, but in a public arena, where the participants are not all reasonably mature and known to each other.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: April 21, 2013, 06:47:09 pm »

Finally, you should know from experience that this is a bad topic to bring up in any sort of context which has even the most remote potential for extensive discussion.
Not extensive discussion, but in a public arena, where the participants are not all reasonably mature and known to each other.
I was referring more to past events on B12.

On a lighter note, maybe I'll finally have time to get into SS13 after I've dealt with end of semester work.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: April 21, 2013, 07:22:21 pm »

Well, just had quite the mad round as traitor. I was the traitor RD tasked with assassinating Axl Blyant, the QM.

First thing I did was emag the borg - played by Stefender. Pretty much the entire rest of the round was me screwing up and the borg getting me out of it. Apologies to the other players for the slow start - I was failing to get xray vision in genetics and trying to balance my RD work so as not to appear suspicious.

The first really big screwup happened when the action was about to start - when we were preparing to kill Axl. He was in cargo with the clown, and the borg was hiding nearby. I'd uploaded the wiki's mute script to telecomms... but cocked it up somehow, so I announced "/mute Axl Blyant" over the radio. He calmly replies "What was that, Teagarden?".

I frantically shout "Kill them both!" over robot chat, and the borg rushes out and stuns them. I have an all-access pass so I dash in and inject Axl with a monkey SE while he's stunned... only for him to recover (as a monkey) and crit me with a broken bottle.

The borg takes out Axl and drags me to medbay. Somehow I end up being healed without the borg being blown. I go back to science and scientist Elspet Bennett starts quizzing me on why Axl announced that the borg was rogue. I try to bluff her and leave the borg lying through it's teeth to her right in front of my office while I disassemble the robotics control computer. The borg keeps her talking long enough for me to pop into her room and get rid of the R&D computer there too.

After some more unconvincing lies, we leave medbay and go to the crematorium to destroy the robotics circuits. The borg has to tell me how to use the device of course, after I spend a while fumbling incompetently with it. It goes and calls the shuttle and we hide out in the crematorium until the countdown hits 5 minutes.

Then, we go to the security pod. I've left my emag in the RD's office, but the borg seals the doors. Luckily I have thermals because I see first the miner show up and try the door, which I think is shocked... then an engineer... then 5 people, probably most of the active crew. They've formed some kind of lynch mob and come for me with weapons from the armoury.

They break into the pod just before the shuttle arrives, but my thermals mean I'm waiting with a stun rod and take out the first of them. The second stuns me and the borg rushes out to start a brutal melee. They nearly destroy it, but eventually we get the upper hand with the clown trapped handcuffed in an airlock, the miner I think driven away, and the other three dead or in critical. We escape on the pod. In the 25 seconds after round ends but before the restart, the borg dishes out a much deserved baton beating. Fair enough borg. Fair enough.

Edit: I've just figured out what was wrong with the script. It has a line that says:
if($source == "YOUR NAME HERE") //only the name in this line can use script
Well, I didn't change the name in that line. An easy mistake to make right? Surely one anyone could have made. No buffoons here. Not at all
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 07:23:57 pm by Nick K »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: April 21, 2013, 07:31:17 pm »

I hear a lot of traitors talking about being terrible and their robotic sidekicks bailing them out. It's starting to become a theme.
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 1654