Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126481 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4020 on: April 21, 2013, 12:54:27 am »

Also, in the /tg/ server it's apparently valid to randomly kill people.  During a rev round, a security officer just dragged me away and then I'm out of the round.  Huzzah!

To be honest, if it was a rev round, he probably just tried to beat you to deconvert you, and then just assumed you were a head rev because nothing happened and killed you. Hopefully.

You need to stay on your toes and have a healthy level of paranoia when going on public servers. I act so suspiciously on public servers because I don't even let people so much as get near me. Avoid anyone with weapons, hide in lockers when shit goes down, whatever you do, don't let anyone stand right next to you. If someone has a pen out and is in your general area, there's a significant chance that you're going to be parapenned and murdered horribly.

I know it's meta, but to be honest, your survival is paramount because it's hell out there, and being paranoid is far better than being forced to sit out a round.
Also often called Boowells.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: April 21, 2013, 12:58:53 am »

I actually quite like TGStation myself. Though I find it to be sort of the upper limit for me, meta and 'valid kill'-wise.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: April 21, 2013, 01:15:59 am »

Also, in the /tg/ server it's apparently valid to randomly kill people.  During a rev round, a security officer just dragged me away and then I'm out of the round.  Huzzah!

To be honest, if it was a rev round, he probably just tried to beat you to deconvert you, and then just assumed you were a head rev because nothing happened and killed you. Hopefully.

You need to stay on your toes and have a healthy level of paranoia when going on public servers. I act so suspiciously on public servers because I don't even let people so much as get near me. Avoid anyone with weapons, hide in lockers when shit goes down, whatever you do, don't let anyone stand right next to you. If someone has a pen out and is in your general area, there's a significant chance that you're going to be parapenned and murdered horribly.

I know it's meta, but to be honest, your survival is paramount because it's hell out there, and being paranoid is far better than being forced to sit out a round.

It's funny, because on our server, when I have a parapen out, the other person USUALLY doesn't have time to react. I lure them in with something, or dash up to them while they're distracted, and shank before they can move. Such as Daniel Gallant. He started climbing into his mech... Then boom! 'Penned.

Axl Blyant, I lured in with the promise of drugs. Once he was right next to me, I penned him and dragged him into maintenance.

Also, I'm going to start storing pens in my PDA. o.o So awesome. Or, if I'm HoS, I'll put a parapen in the Permabrig, because fuck everyone else. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: April 21, 2013, 02:02:39 am »

I still have rev rounds...  Every single thing about them is terrible to me.  Up to and including "Security can grab you and beat you to death because that's justifiable.  You're just a miner minding your own business delivering metals to Science?  Nope, now you're stuffed in a closet.  No reason, no talking, no justifying.  Just 'you've been deemed eligible for death because you didn't become a security officer this round'."

People have tried to say "Rev is fun because there's a chance for everyone to get involved."  Well, here's how I end up getting involved.  Whee?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: April 21, 2013, 02:13:27 am »

Better Red than...

Oh tits, we should have a miner rebellion akin to Red Faction. It'd probably need to be an admin round, since you'd have to get mining heavily populated, and I don't see that happening without an overseer. We'd probably have to move a lot of job stuff into the various outposts in mining, divert most of the crew to sec or mining, treat a non-Sec non-miner as a civilian non-combatant unless they take up a side, and have an admin spawn a few stockpiles of fun things for the miners to come across and prepare themselves with. And if sec starts eating it, have the admin spawn in progressively better equipment for them.

I wanna make that haaapeeeennnnnn

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: April 21, 2013, 02:35:33 am »

Better Red than...

Oh tits, we should have a miner rebellion akin to Red Faction. It'd probably need to be an admin round, since you'd have to get mining heavily populated, and I don't see that happening without an overseer. We'd probably have to move a lot of job stuff into the various outposts in mining, divert most of the crew to sec or mining, treat a non-Sec non-miner as a civilian non-combatant unless they take up a side, and have an admin spawn a few stockpiles of fun things for the miners to come across and prepare themselves with. And if sec starts eating it, have the admin spawn in progressively better equipment for them.

I wanna make that haaapeeeennnnnn
If I were ever a miner rev head, I would call my part of the revolution the Red Faction. I like your idea more, though.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: April 21, 2013, 02:39:39 am »

Somebody should design a pirate ship with all the pirate-y parts and then we should have a round like nuke, but the pirates have to make the heads walk the plank and loot as much as possible.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: April 21, 2013, 03:10:57 am »

tg is a bit of a circle jerk, with some good people inbetween the jerks, just check adminwho every now and then, then you know if its "actual play" or "robust-griefers" day.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: April 21, 2013, 03:39:58 am »

You know it's a slow game when 6 people start and they do nothing but talk in the medbay most of the round.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: April 21, 2013, 03:47:10 am »

Somebody should design a pirate ship with all the pirate-y parts and then we should have a round like nuke, but the pirates have to make the heads walk the plank and loot as much as possible.

Been suggested before. BUT IT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

Also, we already have laser cutlasses and pirate spacesuits, so...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: April 21, 2013, 04:00:44 am »

You know it's a slow game when 6 people start and they do nothing but talk in the medbay most of the round.
And the bar.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: April 21, 2013, 04:03:16 am »

I would be up to design a pirate ship, I think. Biggest challenge will be making it look pirate-y and patched togheter from various stuffs. For example, the teleporter room would just be one of the teleporters that's floating out in space attached to the ship and with a few walls removed.

Also, Girlinhat, you made the round awesome yesterday. You should just have, you know, changed your hairstyle. Right before I had to go I noticed who you were just by your hair. Walk up to a mirror (dorms toilets have some mirrors) to change your hairstyle. That was a very hectic and fun round. It's hard to express in words how much the security borg helped. You can thank Stef for the fact that everything didn't completely go to shit. I could hardly have had a better borg that round. I was constantly telling him to go somewhere and arrest someone. Nobody gave a fuck, nobody tried to Law-2 their way out of arrest.

E: Also, emags don't work on ID computers anymore, apparantly. I tried it in sandbox, and they just refuse to work. Is this a glitch?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 05:57:04 am by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: April 21, 2013, 06:48:03 am »

I would be up to design a pirate ship, I think. Biggest challenge will be making it look pirate-y and patched togheter from various stuffs. For example, the teleporter room would just be one of the teleporters that's floating out in space attached to the ship and with a few walls removed.

Also, Girlinhat, you made the round awesome yesterday. You should just have, you know, changed your hairstyle. Right before I had to go I noticed who you were just by your hair. Walk up to a mirror (dorms toilets have some mirrors) to change your hairstyle. That was a very hectic and fun round. It's hard to express in words how much the security borg helped. You can thank Stef for the fact that everything didn't completely go to shit. I could hardly have had a better borg that round. I was constantly telling him to go somewhere and arrest someone. Nobody gave a fuck, nobody tried to Law-2 their way out of arrest.

E: Also, emags don't work on ID computers anymore, apparantly. I tried it in sandbox, and they just refuse to work. Is this a glitch?

I don't think they ever did, neither /tg/ nor BS12 wikis mention the ID computers as Emaggable in the Emag description.

However, you can use Agent ID to copy HoP/Cap access and use it then, but by then, what's the point?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: April 21, 2013, 09:31:18 am »

Being a slime is awesome. Access to everywhere that isn't on an isolated ventilation loop. And you can even finagle your way into most of those. And you kill people by glomping them, which is adorable. Plus the only thing readily available to kill you is fire extinguishers. And space. Both of which are frighteningly available.

Plus people seem to have no qualms killing them.

How often have you seen people try to brig a slime?

I brigged an Alien before. It was sandbox though....
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: April 21, 2013, 11:34:02 am »

I don't think they ever did, neither /tg/ nor BS12 wikis mention the ID computers as Emaggable in the Emag description.

However, you can use Agent ID to copy HoP/Cap access and use it then, but by then, what's the point?
I very much remember emagging one. It even produced a second cap's spare ID.

Also, first time as QM. I felt more powerfull than I did as HoP.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 11:36:55 am by miauw62 »

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 1654