Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122422 times)

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3285 on: April 09, 2013, 09:09:36 pm »

It's fine to play covertly. Certainly I was enjoying the game regardless. Thanks for letting me actually do the upload too. We need covert antags to counterbalance the extremely un-covert antag players like myself... I always find myself apologising for not being subtle enough
Ah, but when a subtle antag meets a boisterous antag then you get something glorious.
Say, something like, Antag 1 bombs the station, and Antag 2 murders the HoS in the confusion. It's all in the balance, which is difficult to strike alone.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: April 09, 2013, 09:30:10 pm »

I'm a very covert antag myself, unless I've got good reason to not be. If I have a stealing objective, usually the only trace I might leave is clothing fibers and a trail of e-magged doors where my access ends. If I have a killing objective, I try to make sure they have no chance of calling for help and there's minimal trace of their corpse.

When I'm pressed into it, though, people will die, and wanton station destruction may ensue. I'm no Axl, but I've done my fair share of robusting.
Nothing important here, move along.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: April 09, 2013, 09:30:44 pm »

It's fine to play covertly. Certainly I was enjoying the game regardless. Thanks for letting me actually do the upload too. We need covert antags to counterbalance the extremely un-covert antag players like myself... I always find myself apologising for not being subtle enough
Ah, but when a subtle antag meets a boisterous antag then you get something glorious.
Say, something like, Antag 1 bombs the station, and Antag 2 murders the HoS in the confusion. It's all in the balance, which is difficult to strike alone.

It's when Antag 1 is Antag 2's target that things get out of balance.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: April 09, 2013, 09:33:51 pm »

I'm a very covert antag myself, unless I've got good reason to not be. If I have a stealing objective, usually the only trace I might leave is clothing fibers and a trail of e-magged doors where my access ends. If I have a killing objective, I try to make sure they have no chance of calling for help and there's minimal trace of their corpse.

When I'm pressed into it, though, people will die, and wanton station destruction may ensue. I'm no Axl, but I've done my fair share of robusting.

Yeah, being covert is absolutely fine. Hell, once my objective was to steal the RCD, and I spent almost the entire round cloaked as a stool. Because no one ever suspects the stool! Hahahahahaha!

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: April 09, 2013, 09:41:11 pm »

It's when Antag 1 is Antag 2's target that things get out of balance.
Well, maybe a little unfair for Antag 1, but it'd still make an impressive spectacle none the less.

Because no one ever suspects the stool! Hahahahahaha!
Ingenious, why didn't I think of that?
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: April 09, 2013, 10:39:00 pm »

Most traitor fights come down to antag one has no clue there even is an antag two, and antag two usually has no idea his target is antag one. So he just parapens and spaces the other antag and no one even knows until the round is over.

Which is why I always try to tell them to wait, because they can just have me borged then emag me, I count as dead and can still do my job, hopefully.

Seldom happens though.

Does slim(e?)ing a target count for killing them?

(seriously my #1 cause of death as a traitor is other traitors. It's ridiculous.)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:50:13 pm by Kaitol »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: April 09, 2013, 11:01:55 pm »

Cigarette butts. Or a burnt out match. There are some seriously awesome things to disguise yourself as.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: April 10, 2013, 12:44:31 am »

Cigarette butts. Or a burnt out match. There are some seriously awesome things to disguise yourself as.
I shall punch every one of them from now on.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: April 10, 2013, 12:59:30 am »

Cig But works great since its so small, too, hard to "hit"

If I traitor, I basically life and breath pure lockers, they are a god-send.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: April 10, 2013, 01:39:58 am »

Apparently that Dx guy has been doing some griffing, anyone care to give me a full story of what he did so I can talk to him? This isn't his first offense, so I may or may not do something about it.
Also, he was randomly stunning and welding people in lockers a few rounds before that, and I know he wasn't the traitor.

E: He also took the RCD and tried to wall in people he welded in lockers. Also, he walled up sec.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 01:44:38 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: April 10, 2013, 03:06:35 am »

... you know admins can look at logs, right? I was in one where he was the traitor and one where you where the traitor and he welded you out of a escape-pod, much to your rage (curse filled ooc logs can surly be found, you use the same ooc name as on here).
... the other guy, you know that if you change your story a few times, withhin the same thread, people will notice? There is a fine difference from "he kept walking stunning me while I was trying to kill him" you said first to the "he is randomly stunning innocent people".
It bugs me, because if twisting the truth like that is ok, any discussion here is utterly pointless. Make your stories straight, they'll be more fun to read : )

**Actually only wanted to update that I love lockers because if you lag like I do, you can just click spam the place where a person will be when they open it and sometimes it works out to a good disarm.

My beyond key is Tht13, you see, cause the B is like 13, but 13 is also in space station. I'm WITTY!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 03:22:11 am by ThtblovesDF »

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3296 on: April 10, 2013, 03:30:31 am »

holy subject change batman

What did everyone think of the Lord of the Flies round? I was thinking something like that might work a bit better if the entire Station were a sort of Maximum Security Prison. Just tell the Captain that he's in charge of the prisoners, their schedules and jobs, and watch as he arms the Heads and Security to the teeth against the inevitable onslaught of prisoners wielding improvised weapons. The Research department would suddenly have a massive influx of human Test Subjects to turn into invisible space hulks of doom, too!

Everyone would have to be willing to play dress up as a prisoner and cooperate to a certain degree, of course, else it'd be a massive pain for the Heads and Security to handle everything.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: April 10, 2013, 03:48:52 am »

Also, I'm against changing the default laws. I've said it before, they are weird and confusing in so many situations because playing AI would be fuckboring if they weren't interpretable in different ways.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: April 10, 2013, 05:09:42 am »

Well it would be nice with a rutless overwatch AI, I'd say.

But it'd also be fun to have a "security are combine" round, like the good old hlČ gmod rp-servers.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: April 10, 2013, 06:37:45 am »

That reminds me of a college game.  You get a BUNCH of people together, and each of them takes a name.  They may not even know the person, but the goal is to get them alone and do a 'finger gun' and kill them, and then you take their name and go on to the next target, until one person is left.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 1654