Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121240 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3105 on: April 07, 2013, 05:13:39 pm »

I'm so glad you had fun at our expense.
Sounds like you and the clown had a lot of fun, setting up a situation to remove any kind of antag progression from our round.

Well, no, the clown part was rather annoying, since it was borderline griefing. And stop being passive-agressive.

You do understand that this game isn't about combat, right?
Being on the asteroid was TERRIBLE for us, but since the clown dobbed us in, it was the only place we could go.

If this game was about combat, it would be terribad. And there is little I can do as a non-antag about one of the antags screwing the rest of antags. And I don't exactly understand what is YOUR problem with the clown: he did not tell us about your little operation, that was AI, and I don't see how him being an annoying distraction to security pressed you into going there.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: April 07, 2013, 05:58:53 pm »

No arguing in the thread, if you have an issue PM me or another admin the issues and we'll get it sorted out. Don't clog up the thread with arguments that won't achieve anything.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: April 07, 2013, 06:52:41 pm »

No arguing in the thread, if you have an issue PM me or another admin the issues and we'll get it sorted out.
Yeah, sorry about that. I would PM you with something if I had a specific problem, but I'm just fed up of getting bum rounds I can't recover from because of massive compound problems. Including, but certainly by no means limited to player attitude. (But that includes me, which only makes it harder for me to deal with it.)
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Inscribed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: April 07, 2013, 07:29:05 pm »

Got a bit of a question, relating to AI's. Why are there a death penality for crimes as per Space Law? I mean, that means the crew and AI is in direct conflict everytime someone is to be executed. How is this supposed to be treated by the AI, if the criminal actually gets a trial and get sentanced to death? Bolt various doors and send his Borgs to get the prisoner somewhere safe?

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: April 07, 2013, 07:57:46 pm »

Bolt various doors and send his Borgs to get the prisoner somewhere safe?
That seems to be the standard procedure. Really more needs to be done.
Space law needs to change really.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: April 07, 2013, 08:25:20 pm »

Some change the ai laws just for it or sneak kill the prisoner. Although it can be rather amusing to ferry around the prisoner while disrupting the security with bolted doors, it cant end in any other way than locking the prisoner in some where remote or the prisoner ending up in security custody.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: April 07, 2013, 08:48:13 pm »

If the AI wants to preserve life I recommend keeping the prisoners entertained in the permabrig for their life sentence. Perhaps a game of chess?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: April 07, 2013, 08:50:33 pm »

IMO, it's not Space Law that needs a large change, it's the AI's laws. I know on BS12, they have a different set of laws that reflect NT's corporate interests better then Asimov ever could.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: April 07, 2013, 08:52:03 pm »

Usually if someone is being executed, that means they committed a serious crime that put the crew/station in direct and great danger. The AI could figure that if that person wasn't killed, then it would be possible that he could put the crew in harms way again. Although he isn't allowed to let people come into harm, technically that person has the capability to harm another crewmember so it isn't worth keeping him alive in some cases.

But really, the AI can deal with this however they please. Just keep in mind if you're bolting doors preventing people from getting to the prisoner, chances are everyone and their mother will want to disable you/reset your laws.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: April 07, 2013, 08:56:17 pm »

Sorry for that last round everyone. It's just that when everyone piled into Security things got out of hand and, well, yeah. Sorry. Blah.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: April 07, 2013, 08:57:49 pm »

Hmm, I was a slightly shitty HoS that last round. I brigged an innocent scientist because my crew manifest didn't update properly. Of course, then both my officers turned out to be traitors and beat me to death with batons, so eh.

EDIT: For the record, I think your guys' actions were justified IC. Being the first victim meant I got to watch the whole thing unfold.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:00:03 pm by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: April 07, 2013, 08:58:18 pm »

The "capital" crimes don't always mean execution. Permanent imprisonment is also an option and one the AI would have no problem with.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: April 07, 2013, 09:06:22 pm »

If I might propose some:
Cannibalism and assisted cannibalism is a major crime, requiring a 5 minute sentence.
Graffiti is a minor crime, requiring a 1 minute sentence.
Using any sort of slippery substance without proper marking is a three strikes crime, after the third incident, it is a minor crime, requiring a 1 minute sentence.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: April 07, 2013, 09:09:59 pm »

Using any sort of slippery substance without proper marking is a three strikes crime, after the third incident, it is a minor crime, requiring a 1 minute sentence.

Except that is the entirety of the Janitor's job.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: April 07, 2013, 09:19:51 pm »

If I might propose some:
Cannibalism and assisted cannibalism is a major crime, requiring a 5 minute sentence.
Graffiti is a minor crime, requiring a 1 minute sentence.

- But then they'll just go to waste!
- Graffiti surely counts as vandalism. As you say, 1 min sentence
- After the last round, I think slipping the captain should be a capital crime. Seriously though, slipping is currently listed under "creating a workplace hazard" with a 2 minute sentence

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 1654