Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121300 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2040 on: March 24, 2013, 10:47:37 am »

I wish there was a mode without random events. It's so annoying to have to deal with gravity shit and the like.
That event should normally be off, and isn't the frequency fixed? Also, it would be fuckboring without random events. Especially if you're in extended or traitor and the traitor's objectives are steal a salt shaker and escape alive.
I'd like just one rev round with no randoms.

Hey, had a little idea for a variant on rev: basically nanotrasen is sending an osha inspector to the station (probably an admin). He will automatically believe what the captain says unlesss he sees different with his own eyes or on tape, etc. it's the job of the reds to try and make sure that he sees an accdent or crime against humantiy, etc that the captain or heads of staff cannot explain away. Its the job of the captain and friends to make sure he sees nothing and goes home ignorant of wthe conditions the workers are being subjected to.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: March 24, 2013, 10:50:13 am »

The big problem with BS12 is: what adult and sane person would accept money from some shady orginazation to steal something or kill someone and potentially ruin their entire life and job and make a bigass and powerful company hunt them down. Or is every NT employee a hitman? Lings at least make sense in that regard, as they are hitmen and they got on board by absorbing a guy.

It makes sense when you read and think about some of the Syndicate fluff on /tg/, although it's absent from BS12 fluff page (due to some silliness in it). And the fact that Syndicate is, in fact, a catch-all term for a group of loosely allied groups antagonistic to NT.

NanoTrasen is THE corporation, since they own some very important technologies (like the ability to create psionics). Due to their size, they pretty much can do whatever they damn please, the more unacceptable things they do shoved into off-planet research stations such as SS13.

Doing what they damn please and the rapid expansions, however, mean a number of nasty things. First of all, NT can provide resources using less manpower than small companies (e.g. they can readily make mining mechs and borgs, that drastically improve the time it takes to mine, they can generate a whole lot of energy using solars and singulo that may be selled off and so on). Where NT expands, minor entreprizes die off, their employees now having to find a nice cozy place under a bridge or go and die.

NanoTrasen also has access to really damn good firepower, and slightly inaccurate, but cutting-edge teleportation technology. All that with pretty much no way for planetary governments to make sure they won't, I dunno, invade them? That aside, the technologies are really nifty and potentially profitable if reverse-engineered.

There are rivals - although NT is HUGE, there are still other corporations, willing to raise their position by a little assasination here, a little industrial espionage there.

Then there are ideologically-motivated forces, such as Spess PETA/ALF, opposing xeno experimentation, Spess Anarchists are quite likely a possibility, various kooky religions having their own reasons to hate NT.

AND there are mercenaries for any of those, who might be on the run anyway for their own reasons.

So, to recount: the station might be infiltrated by people screwed over by NT expansion, various black ops, corporate commandos (alliteration, yay) and terrorists, pick as many of those as you wish.

Remember that in the grim darkness of the future, there are Genetics and Plastic Surgeons, both of which can make you literally untraceable once you can evade capture.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: March 24, 2013, 11:41:42 am »

How to stall monkey mode forever:

1. Be a miner.
2. Go to the asteroid.
3. Get a hardsuit
4. Weld vents and doors.
5. Dig hole in farthest expanse of asteroid
6. Hide.
7. Have an emergency spacing tunnel in case of emergency.

I have the worst ways of winning. Cowardice is far too rewarding.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 11:43:22 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: March 24, 2013, 12:25:05 pm »

Cowardice is beneficial, but sometimes you just have to do something lest nothing happen ever. Nothing happening ever gets real old after a while.
Nothing important here, move along.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: March 24, 2013, 01:21:01 pm »

Although I admit to being slightly inspired by a certain character
Ahh Krieger, That's who I think of when I play as Dr. Horrible.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: March 24, 2013, 02:02:59 pm »

Is there something about SS13 that automatically makes you a complete psychopath? Just curious because whenever anyone I know talks about (or when I play it for that matter) everyone is nuts. Even if they're trying not to be.

For note, I've horribly and brutally tortured exactly ONE person, and I was a fucking psycho for ONE round. Even when I'm an antagonist, I'm a REALLY reasonable character, for the most part. I'm probably one of the only people, that as an antag, will just let you arrest me if you caught me, instead of futilely assaulting you. For the vast majority of the time, I'm a good little boy. But sometimes my character traits are changed for the circumstances. The one round where I was psycho, we had prisoners, and the prisoners had information we needed, and the Captain was willing to turn a blind eye. Also, at the beginning of that round, my character was being very apathetic and blasé about everything, so I figure he would be about the same about torture. "Torture? Sure! I can do that. Damn, and I liked Axl. Poor guy."

Also: Axl, I realized why it was you. Because the one time I got to be a traitor, you were the one that stopped me. :P Subconsciously, that is the reason. Consciously it was because you were the one talking and were closest to me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: March 24, 2013, 02:09:33 pm »

Regarding the whole "Holy fuck everyone is crazy thing". Yeah, a lot of people are crazy and this provides an easy way to make a character that will be noticed. But keep in mind that crazy characters have to be done a certain way so they're not just "Lolrandom" or randomly killing people for no reason. But also keep in mind interesting characters can just be normal people. You can totally just play a normal person, but you'll have to actually work on some kind of personality trait that makes them interesting.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: March 24, 2013, 02:10:14 pm »

I generally give in when I'm caught and try to talk my way out, bide my time until circumstance or a previous arrangement breaks me free, or make my own escape. I'm rarely equipped to fight the entire security force, and in the rare cases when I do (or think I do) have to deal with that I try and make sure that I've got as much of an advantage as possible.
Nothing important here, move along.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: March 24, 2013, 02:24:27 pm »

So, this happened on a different server, but I figured you guys might get a laugh out of it anyway.

I caught appendicitis three times in one round.
First time was pretty strait forward, but the second time left the entire medbay in confusion. The only thing that seems reasonable to me is admin tricks but I'm not so sure.
Then I died. And promptly got cloned. Would you believe it, I promptly caught it again.

My character's appendix is evil.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: March 24, 2013, 02:30:42 pm »

Regarding the whole "Holy fuck everyone is crazy thing". Yeah, a lot of people are crazy and this provides an easy way to make a character that will be noticed. But keep in mind that crazy characters have to be done a certain way so they're not just "Lolrandom" or randomly killing people for no reason. But also keep in mind interesting characters can just be normal people. You can totally just play a normal person, but you'll have to actually work on some kind of personality trait that makes them interesting.

Basically, to be crazy, you need to be coldly calculating about it, and only do so at appropriate times. To be a normal character that is memorable is much more difficult, but also much more rewarding.

I generally give in when I'm caught and try to talk my way out, bide my time until circumstance or a previous arrangement breaks me free, or make my own escape. I'm rarely equipped to fight the entire security force, and in the rare cases when I do (or think I do) have to deal with that I try and make sure that I've got as much of an advantage as possible.

I'm quite often well enough equipped to fight the entire Security force, but I generally choose not to, because direct confrontation like that is too risky, or would be to me if I were some sort of agent/facestealing space monster/cultist/what have you. Then again, I'm usually the poor son of a bitch running around trying to catch the bad guys, so I don't have to think about it too much. As the Captain that one time though, I was seriously contemplating whether or not I could take two Sec officers with combat shotguns and a Secborg, all at close range. I was well armed and armored, and had the element of surprise, kinda, but I decided my chances of winning were too low.

My character's appendix is evil.

To the Out of Context Quotes Thread!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: March 24, 2013, 02:33:13 pm »

The HoP position is cursed.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: March 24, 2013, 02:36:59 pm »

Head of Personnel: Responsible for job-changes, keeping track of the 'entertainment' and food positions, and also horribly and brutally crushing souls where ever and whenever possible, whether it be by torture, creating ridiculous new additions to the station such as a strip club, becoming station batman by disappearing into the horde of assistants with an all access pass, a full set of tools, a gun, and a BAAAD attitude, or by giving the other heads troublemakers and rabble-rousers to deal with.
He's fucking with us.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: March 24, 2013, 02:42:58 pm »

becoming station batman by disappearing into the horde of assistants with an all access pass, a full set of tools, a gun, and a BAAAD attitude, or by giving the other heads troublemakers and rabble-rousers to deal with.
I've never seen the point of vanishing into an assistant on a server where no one ever plays assistant.  :P

I also tried organizing a party as a clown earlier, only to get brutally murdered. Today hasn't been my day.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: March 24, 2013, 03:02:39 pm »

I've never seen the point of vanishing into an assistant on a server where no one ever plays assistant.  :P

I also tried organizing a party as a clown earlier, only to get brutally murdered. Today hasn't been my day.

>Can create a near perfect disguise with new ID, a new face, and new clothes
>Can access anything he wants on station, including any weapon, tool, or material
>Can become the most stealthy assistant ever
>No one ever plays assistants
;_;
He's fucking with us.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: March 24, 2013, 03:23:08 pm »

Head of Personnel: Responsible for job-changes, keeping track of the 'entertainment' and food positions, and also horribly and brutally crushing souls where ever and whenever possible, whether it be by torture, creating ridiculous new additions to the station such as a strip club, becoming station batman by disappearing into the horde of assistants with an all access pass, a full set of tools, a gun, and a BAAAD attitude, or by giving the other heads troublemakers and rabble-rousers to deal with.
I feel a thing or two of those were from me. I know the strip club is, But it was a strip joint. Not a club.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 1654