Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121370 times)

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1815 on: March 20, 2013, 04:00:15 pm »

Thanks everyone and also what are your favorite jobs to do?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: March 20, 2013, 04:00:31 pm »

I'd rather not have the extra races that BS12 has like lizardmen and those cat creatures I think they have. I don't really think they add anything all that special to the server.

Oh, but they do! They allow the server to attract the invaluable demographic of furries! After all, hiring barely-known alien spaces for jobs ranging from Janitoring to Command Staff on a highly-sensitive semi-secret illegal-ish human research station is the reasonable course of action... right?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: March 20, 2013, 04:03:14 pm »

Oh, also, they are introducing xenoarcheology. Which happens to be MASSIVE and COMPLICATED AS FUCK, from what I've seen. Think of it as being Gordon Freeman in HL1 except not being reduced to pushing carts and doing the actual physicsizing with the samples instead.
Introducing? They had that shit for ages! And it's actually piss easy. Wait for the miners to bring an artifact, fossil or crystal, then put them into the analyser, on a rack or somewhere where it doesn't annoy people, respectively.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: March 20, 2013, 04:04:21 pm »

Janitor (because pussy wagon) and head of security (because leader of security + rev fighter)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: March 20, 2013, 04:09:39 pm »

I'd rather not have the extra races that BS12 has like lizardmen and those cat creatures I think they have. I don't really think they add anything all that special to the server.

Oh, but they do! They allow the server to attract the invaluable demographic of furries! After all, hiring barely-known alien spaces for jobs ranging from Janitoring to Command Staff on a highly-sensitive semi-secret illegal-ish human research station is the reasonable course of action... right?
Pretty much why I don't want them on the server. I just said it in simpler terms so no one would be offended. But yeah, furries.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: March 20, 2013, 04:13:39 pm »

I like Virology, although it may get boring if you play it too much, Science has a lot of things to do pretty much always, Chemist is relatively easy yet powerful.

Oh, and the latest BS12 update has something we could really use: they (re-? I think)added the mechanics of taking people hostage: there is a button on the right side of the screen, above the Drop/Throw buttons and under Internals, with a revolver with Auto written over it.

Upon clicking it, you switch to a mode where you lock on your target. There are settings for that, so that you might allow your hostage to walk, run or use objects. If you don't, and they do any of that, you automatically shoot them. Of course, normal shooting rules then apply, but you don't have to worry about aiming, and if you get stunned, you may reflex-fire the hostage anyway.

This feature pretty much lets traitors/operatives actually take people hostage, which is nice and suspenseful, and Security can no longer solve every problem with a barrage of stun electrodes.

Introducing? They had that shit for ages! And it's actually piss easy. Wait for the miners to bring an artifact, fossil or crystal, then put them into the analyser, on a rack or somewhere where it doesn't annoy people, respectively.

Yyyyeah, but this was BEFORE. I know, I played Xenoarch before. Well first of all, there is now an entire Research Station similar to Mining, except way bigger and Science-er and in some ways self-sustainable (e.g. they have a chem dispenser). And it's no longer 'stuff into analyser, hope the readouts are right', now it's MASSIVE, with at least 5 machines for the analysing itself, requiring a new chemical REQUIRING, in turn, A NEW ELEMENT (Tungsten) just to make a sample proper.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: March 20, 2013, 04:14:41 pm »

Nifty!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: March 20, 2013, 04:19:57 pm »

Oh yeah, I just checked their forums to refresh my memory, now you'll have to run things like Chromatography, run it through Spectrometers (well, generally, Chemical Analysis), set up shielding... Basically, fuck college, you can learn your science in BS12 Xenoarcheology*

*Opinions expressed by the poster are hyperbolic in nature. If you decide to act out on them, you are obviously not fit for studying Science anyway.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: March 20, 2013, 04:25:04 pm »

Janitor (because pussy wagon)
I've found that playing Janibot is a lot more fun. It's like being the sweet ride itself, except you've got to do less work.

I personally enjoy any role that gives me lots of bureaucracy to go through. Chief Engineer, Quartermaster, that sort of thing.
Though I've discovered medbay can be quite fun to, when everyone isn't busy taking you for granted.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: March 20, 2013, 04:30:29 pm »

Shaft miner, although I have been doing some Qm and roboticist.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: March 20, 2013, 07:20:27 pm »

I like chef and shaft miner, though I haven't really played much else.

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: March 20, 2013, 07:22:15 pm »

I love being MD. Not even CMO, just MD in all its (almost) uselessness.

Other roles I enjoy are engineer, chemist, scientist, chaplain, miner.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: March 20, 2013, 07:26:50 pm »

Atmos Tech, because you get to play with the pipes, fix things in emergencies and fires, and spend off-time exploring the station without anyone looking at you funny.  Also, you always have something productive to do while still letting you go AFK at random without causing problems.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: March 20, 2013, 07:56:29 pm »

Clown, security and barman. Always good jobs for a few laughs. Oh, and chaplain.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: March 20, 2013, 09:11:38 pm »

MY BEARD!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 1654