Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122240 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1620 on: March 17, 2013, 04:16:33 pm »

The chaplain can get back into maintenance behind their office, but not any of the other maintenance doors like the one by the library. If the chapel is cut off on both sides they have to break into maintenance.

And yeah, doctors can't use any back entrances to medical. Your lobby is full up and people keep slipping in? Too bad. You still have to use the lobby entrance and end up with ambulance chasers.

Honestly, my experiences with SPESS LAW Enforcement were: you get caught, you might IRL commit suicide to escape being bored to death. You are locked in a 2x3 tiny room with literally NOTHING to do, and that's if they don't buckle you to bed. It is effectively saying 'now fuck off for [prison time], go watch clips of cats on YouTube or whatever, we don't care'.

Forced mining gives prisoners something to do, allows to fill for the lack of Miners (and RD needs their gold), and gives a possibility of escaping if your master plan works.

Isn't there a station with a mining penal colony?

Commit suicide and request to be a pAI, assuming anyone bothers to install the module. I was so damn bored after dying in the rev round. pAI would have been different and possibly fun.

Vactor, can you get the database setup so the library has a functioning computer? I think that also fixes votes of some sort.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:19:45 pm by BigD145 »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: March 17, 2013, 04:19:06 pm »

Oh, for note, I should have just shot the HoS and then bolted somewhere I could tell the AI I was the only legitmate authority and anyone attempting to impede me was committing evil. But I didn't. Just like I didn't sit in my office until Random Event happened and we called the shuttle.

Because it was more fun for everyone this way. It would have been fun for me to just hide and wait, but this way I got to play around with Traitortools AND my first Traitor experience was more memorable than, -Shuttle leaves, Captain is traitor- "Haha, no one had any chance of ever figuring it out. :3"

Also, next time I'm Captain, I'm loading up Paladin into the AI and telling it I'm the only Legitmate Authority and I decide what evil is. Because that was awesome.

Also:
I've been reading /tg/station's forums, and in their Bad Ideas thread, someone came up with actually a good idea: criminals should be forced to work in chain gangs, mining resources for a set time. Possibly permabrig-exclusive.

Honestly, my experiences with SPESS LAW Enforcement were: you get caught, you might IRL commit suicide to escape being bored to death. You are locked in a 2x3 tiny room with literally NOTHING to do, and that's if they don't buckle you to bed. It is effectively saying 'now fuck off for [prison time], go watch clips of cats on YouTube or whatever, we don't care'.

Especially since with our low server population (relatively), you can't even talk to a cellmate because the chances you'll get to see one, or a security guard watching the cells, or WHOEVER, is abysmally low.

Forced mining gives prisoners something to do, allows to fill for the lack of Miners (and RD needs their gold), and gives a possibility of escaping if your master plan works.

1. You're not supposed to leave people cuffed in the cell unless they fought you.
2. You're NOT supposed to buckle cuff someone that isn't a SERIOUS THREAT.
3. Be lenient on the cell times people. We're playing a game. :P
4. Axl Blyant, next time I run and fight you. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 17, 2013, 04:20:49 pm »

Hey, I quite enjoy being a shaft miner. Although, that may just be me.... considering I am often the only bastard in there most of the time. The other times it was Lings and tratiors with me. Whoops.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: March 17, 2013, 04:32:17 pm »

snip
how about a station that starts with most departments broken? kind of like the derelict, but more structured, with some machines already installed but needing repairs, areas of the station that need filling with air/breaches to be fixed. have everyone spawn on the shuttle, where there are some basic supplies, metal, some glass, mining gear, a few hardsuits, tanks of air/magical power-to-air converters, replacement lights, apc batteries, critical circuit boards etc.

i think i might map a bit of this after deadlines and exams are over. i think there'd need to be a way to make every resource replenishable with some effort, though. air for example is limited afaik.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 17, 2013, 04:41:49 pm »

1. You're not supposed to leave people cuffed in the cell unless they fought you.
2. You're NOT supposed to buckle cuff someone that isn't a SERIOUS THREAT.

You know who fights you and is a serious threat? Traitors are. So, if you are a traitor, you are risking being pretty much being permanently put out of the game without the possibility of doing anything.

Besides, honestly, what's the point of leaving people cuffed in the cell? Unless you missed something while stripping, the most a prisoner could do is knock on the windows and hurt himself. Of course, they may be a wizard or a changeling, but you should know that once you've arrested them. Still, if they try to do literally ANYTHING, there is the wall-mounted flash.

If you cuff/buckle them in case of Gr3y T1de event, it's horribad meta and you should be ashamed.

As for suiciding, it's EXTREMELY bad RP, reduces the number of traitors, whose job is basically making the round interesting, and forces people to play as pAI IF someone happens to request one or to ghost and wait for a random event to happen.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: March 17, 2013, 04:56:06 pm »

Well, thats an interesting item I found.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: March 17, 2013, 04:56:55 pm »

Also, next time I'm Captain, I'm loading up Paladin into the AI and telling it I'm the only Legitmate Authority and I decide what evil is. Because that was awesome.
Wouldn't work.Shouldn't work though the player might think otherwise. I thought the AI broke the paladin laws multiple times.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:59:43 pm by Ivefan »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: March 17, 2013, 04:57:36 pm »

4. Axl Blyant, next time I run and fight you. :P
I expected you to attack me when I asked to search you, which is why Camryn was there. I would've lost, since any gun I used blew up in my face and I would probably hit myself in the face with a stun baton if I tried.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 17, 2013, 04:58:55 pm »

If only the T.Y.R.A.N.T. module was made more often, now THAT would be fun. Especially during a revolution round.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: March 17, 2013, 04:59:06 pm »

Oh, I didn't test it yet, but a possibly useful feature: apparently, you can put pens in your mask slot. Concealed parapens, anyone?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: March 17, 2013, 05:01:40 pm »

Well, if you could put them in your mask slot then people who examine you would probably be able to see listed that you were wearing a pen. I don't know about you, but having a pen strapped to your face is pretty suspicious to me.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: March 17, 2013, 05:05:43 pm »

Well, if you could put them in your mask slot then people who examine you would probably be able to see listed that you were wearing a pen. I don't know about you, but having a pen strapped to your face is pretty suspicious to me.

I would assume it means putting it in your mouth to conceal it. Besides, examine does not really show people's clothing.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: March 17, 2013, 05:06:57 pm »

I would assume it means putting it in your mouth to conceal it. Besides, examine does not really show people's clothing.

No, I think it's more of a pencil-behind-the-ear thing.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: March 17, 2013, 05:07:56 pm »

Yes, now that I examined the code, it indeed fits on the ear slot and, I believe, belt slot too.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: March 17, 2013, 06:20:56 pm »

Yes, now that I examined the code, it indeed fits on the ear slot and, I believe, belt slot too.

BS12 does have a second ear slot, mainly for that purpose: Holding those useless pens behind your ears. BUT, if i'm not mistaken, most people automatically start with a pen somewhere on them on BS12.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 06:28:26 pm by Glloyd »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 1654