Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122426 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1215 on: March 11, 2013, 06:11:16 pm »

I'm not exactly sure if this is the best place to ask, but does anyone know which files are involved with smooth movement? I've been hosting an invisible server for a bunch of friends to test shit that they normally wouldn't be able to, and a while back while messing around in the code, I managed to make it so people just glide along tile by tile.
This is probably the most relevant.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 11, 2013, 07:30:17 pm »

RE: Emitters. I usually set them up as follows:

Which is apparently the opposite of what the wiki says to do, but I never really figured out how you were supposed to get back past the emitters and the set up fields if you do the ones nearest the Particle Accelerator first.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 11, 2013, 07:38:32 pm »

Perfect. I couldn't be bothered making a picture but that is exactly how i do it and it seems the safest. No getting hit by the emitters and no accidental spacing.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 11, 2013, 08:05:44 pm »

I start at 11, go counter-clockwise until 8, and then finish with 12. That's a much shorter way.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 11, 2013, 09:46:40 pm »

I start at 12 and go counter clockwise, then just jump past the last emitter in between shots. 11 won't activate until you switch on 10 or 12, will it?
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 12, 2013, 02:25:49 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
IT BEGINS.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 12, 2013, 02:31:05 am »

That's a nice containment fild you have there. Would be a shame if anything were to happen to it.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 12, 2013, 02:33:27 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
IT ENDS.

Chrispy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 12, 2013, 02:42:43 am »

Looks like you need a hull patch there.
Quote from: Toady
"This suggestion is very broad."
≡«+large yellow diamond+»≡
On the item is an exceptionally designed image of a diamond in yellow diamond.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 12, 2013, 03:12:22 am »

Yeap. Figured it'd do that. Still wanted to be sure, so I let you build it.

Fun fact: At least three of the people pictured in that screenshot escaped on the shuttle.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:16:51 am by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: March 12, 2013, 03:20:07 am »

Still there is one upside: We confirmed that putting the emitters in the path of the containment field is a perfectly viable method for constructing tamper-proof containment fields. It had no ill effects other than making it super hard to turn the emitters off.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 12, 2013, 03:22:26 am »

Unplugging them still works... but yes, you did establish that the field doesn't destroy the emitters. That might one day be useful.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 12, 2013, 03:29:22 am »

If you're ever a traitor and want to block off the escape arm or something, put a P.A.C.M.A.N. Generator in the middle where the Singularity Generator is in the picture above. As long as it's powered from inside the field, you're golden.

Next up, I think, is to test how long a containment field can be. Can we defend the station by making a square of them?

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 12, 2013, 03:36:00 am »

I think there's a limit to the distance between linked field generators. I'm not sure though. Let me know if you find out, or I can help Friday.

Are you saying defend the station from a loosed singularity? Because I don't think a full size singularity cares about the field, and most other threats don't either.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 12, 2013, 05:21:21 am »

What about shield generators? Could we put shield generators around the ship to stop carp infestations?
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 1654