Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122165 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #690 on: March 03, 2013, 03:05:53 pm »

KG, the lag is REALLY bad today. You really need to talk to your ISP.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 03, 2013, 03:06:43 pm »

Alright! I'll try to give it a try!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 03, 2013, 03:07:28 pm »

I think I accurately replicated the John Hurt scene in surgery there.

Then I was a larva, took over Atmosia, and as the new Queen defeated the captain and took of her helmet just before the server got restarted.

Fun times.

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 03, 2013, 03:08:17 pm »

Well my first round as with real job turned out pretty good. I cloned few people got myself tourrete syndrome without any powers and (was that me or someone else in the srugery room ?) lasered chestbursting alien larva. But yeah mainly : laaaaaaaaag.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 03, 2013, 03:09:44 pm »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Aliens is a terrible "game mode".
I actually thought we were going to make some kind of progress this round considering I wasn't completely useless and we actually got some robots and guns.

Of course however, two/three robots and a gun nut captain isn't enough to stop aliens.

I cloned few people got myself tourrete syndrome without any powers
Oh so you who called me (the captain) a cocksucker.
You did well, I congratulate you on your services to the ship.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 03, 2013, 03:13:09 pm »

They need to increase the amount of time before a chestburster bursts out, because both of my patients blew up before I even got the drapes on.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:15:20 pm by Isdar »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 03, 2013, 03:13:46 pm »

Well, the aliens did almost die off.
Haha no. I had Atmosia filled with facehuggers, just waiting to embrace the captain's innards.

They need to increase the amount of time a chestburster bursts out, because both of my patients blew up before I even got the drapes on.
This.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 03, 2013, 03:15:44 pm »

See, I really hate alien rounds. Not because they're overplayed (which they are), but because most people end up metagaming in one way or another. I don't really blame them, most people don't really want to pretend they have no idea what's going on, because it'll usually result in the aliens winning due to the crew not knowing what to do.

Aliens is similar to the blob gamemode in the sense that EVERYONE ends up metagaming so the game doesn't run short, and that's why they're both shitty gamemodes.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 03, 2013, 03:16:58 pm »

No kidding.  I hate Insight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 03, 2013, 03:19:01 pm »

WHAT HATH GOD WROUGHT.

But seriously, can you call them up and threaten them? Preferably threaten to kill them, at least once.

I think that weakening the aliens would go a long way to making them better.

Once people realised they didn't have to be metagaming to win, RP may well follow.
You can totally win against aliens without metagaming. There just has to be a process of trial and error, followed by eventual victory if the heads of staff are smart and can lead the crew well enough. Except there are rarely ever times where the heads of staff all work together, and the crew usually just runs off and do their own things.
Welcome to Reality.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 03, 2013, 03:22:38 pm »

What is this leadership thing you speak of? Perhaps I will try it on my slav-AHEM demented manchildr-AHEM scientists. Also, perhaps we could put in a rule against metagaming? It makes me hate everything and everyone when people do it. It may be too strict for this type of server, but still.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:25:50 pm by rabidgam3r »
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 03, 2013, 03:24:43 pm »

I try not to metagame, but I think I still do.

For example following a guy with a hugger on his face into surgery and shooting the shit out of it with the HoS when it burst

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 03, 2013, 03:26:16 pm »

Well, the aliens did almost die off.
Haha no. I had Atmosia filled with facehuggers, just waiting to embrace the captain's innards.
I called it out in character TWICE, but no one bothered noticing.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 03, 2013, 03:27:46 pm »

I try not to metagame, but I think I still do.

For example following a guy with a hugger on his face into surgery and shooting the shit out of it with the HoS when it burst
Now that's not entirely metagaming, if some forlorn creature bursts out of a man's chest then its safe to say you can shoot it. What I mean is people yelling out over the radio at the beginning of the round, "HOLY SHIT I SAW THE ALIUM QUEEN, XENO'S ARE ON STATION!" as opposed to "What the fuck was that? I just saw some weird black thing running around maintenance!". Or seeing a man get attacked by a facehugger and saying "HOLY FUCK GET IT OUT OF HIM, HE'S GOING TO BURST OUT A LARVA!"
Welcome to Reality.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 03, 2013, 03:31:11 pm »

WHAT HATH GOD WROUGHT.

But seriously, can you call them up and threaten them? Preferably threaten to kill them, at least once.

I'm amassing a body of evidence so that I can get escalated and threaten someone who can actually do something about it, rather than one of Insight's hapless phone lackeys.

KG
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 1654