Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122410 times)

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #660 on: March 03, 2013, 02:08:30 am »

Well here is Kert Johnson's who life that station.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 03, 2013, 02:24:30 am »

May as well post my side of the story, I was Captain Oswald Black if no one noticed yet.

I have to give some credit to the detective, you were great. I was honestly impressed that you gathered up all of that evidence, I really hoped you'd be able to revive me so we could have a trial. Awesome round all-around guys, great to see it worked out.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 03, 2013, 02:46:51 am »

I guess I should post Lola's/my side of the story. It's kinda hard to remember everything clearly amidst the chaos, but I tried. I didn't exactly proof-read it either, so I hope it makes sense!

Spoiler: Lola Black (click to show/hide)

I honestly did not expect Lola to succeed. I mean, it seemed like a long shot right off the bat, converting the Quartermaster and Chef gave me a little hope, but when the Captain marched in and demanded it was implant time... I thought I was sunk.
Things got pretty damn crazy after that.
Also I failed miserably just about any time shooting started- I'd usually be glancing at my keyboard, or standing too close to shoot, or simply not react fast enough. :P I think my ass got saved by the detective twice.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 03, 2013, 02:56:53 am »

Why am I always asleep whenever there's an awesome round.  :c

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #664 on: March 03, 2013, 03:16:15 am »

Wow. I wasn't aware how much of a derail my slime-covered panic has done. Too bad I missed most of the dialog in my dying moments. But now, reading everyone's perspective on that moment made it pretty darn funny and out of the blue. Add to it, my guy was also wearing a pumpkin head (with a corncob pipe in the mouth) and a bright colored jumpsuit while covered in the slime.

No wonder it caught everyone (dead and alive) off-guard. I was also screaming "HELP!!!" along the way, finding the nearest person that could remove the slime off of me. Now picture that: During an intense scene like you'd see in a action/sci-fi, between hero and villain, a random guy in a bright green and blue outfit while wearing a jack-o-lantern on his head covered in an orange slime is screaming bloody murder as they charge their way head-on into a standoff in a hysterical panic, incapacitating the greater threat in a secure room (during the brief moment the doors were still open), no less. All because they wanted to survive.

Furthermore, I actually wasn't aiming for the Captain; it just happened. I reacted just as any other person probably would in such a panic; go to the nearest person that can help.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:50:13 am by Itnetlolor »

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 03, 2013, 03:37:43 am »

Apparently I saw more of everything as CE than I thought I did.
Spoiler: Whitaker Polson, CE (click to show/hide)
I'd like to point out to whoever was trying to get through the engineering door at the tail end of the round that the drill on the Ripley would have torn through the windows like tissue paper.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:39:53 am by Leonon »

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #666 on: March 03, 2013, 03:45:09 am »

I shot a slime that was in the hallway, and I think that was pretty much the only time I fired a weapon- apart from when I shot myself in the face with beanbag rounds whilst sawing off my shotgun. -_-

I lol'd.

Reading through all this made me think that this was one of the best rounds I've played so far. Another movie worthy round, certainly, and the cast of characters made the game as good as it was. The plotting behind everyone's back, character development (As much as you can get in a game like this), and appropriate climax arcs just made it feel like it was all scripted. Of course, I was in the thick of it most of the time, so I'm a little biased.

It was also the first round where evidence I gathered actually resulted in something, which made me happy. Like, really, really happy. I love playing the detective. Even when it means that people get beat savagely for it.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 03, 2013, 04:47:07 am »

Oh, and is it just me, or is the roboticist some sort of zoo-keeper for magical talking animals?
Whenever I'm roboticist there's always a bunch of talking animals at my desk begging for shelter.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 03, 2013, 04:58:52 am »

Just read everyone's post, awesome to see all the different sides of the story.
Also I can't believe I didn't notice this before, BD, but our characters both had the same surname. O.o

I had no clue Lola was the Rev Leader, even at the end when we escaped the station together. It's still blowing me away.

Wow, I am quite pleased to discover you didn't know OOCly. :D
Although I guess with the captain going nuts, disguising revolution as "wanting survival and keeping everything normal" wasn't all that hard... Hehe. Man, that was awesome. I thought the safe you gave me the code for must have contained guns or something, for use when the station went to hell.
Oh well; I'm glad I didn't send someone to break into your office when we were holed up in Cargo before you arrived.

Also the awkwardness on the escape shuttle was freaking hilarious. :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 03, 2013, 06:06:41 am »

Absolutely off the current rev topic (pity I haven't been there, C2C mod swallowed me whole), a nice tip for Virologists:

Ask/nag/bully the Chemist into giving you a shitload of Synaptizine and Unstable Mutagen/ask/nag/bully the HoP into giving you Chemistry access/steal access/break in/whatever. Either way, GET SYNAPTIZINE AND MUTAGEN.

Then get a bottle of either of the two viruses, put it into the machine and clone the sample in case it's needed.

Then alternate between adding mutagen and Synaptizine and checking the engineered virus until you get Anti-Bodies Metabolism and, optionally, Longevity symptoms along with the low-level symptom of the base virus.

Boom, you have created your very first beneficial virus. It will cure (and create Antibodies for) any other sickness you might have accidentally caused (or by event) and, if you get Longevity, the side-effect will eventually vanish (and the virus will be transmittable VERY quickly).

You could also isolate Anti-Bodies and Longevity in two different viruses and combine them - it will be much faster, but you risk overwriting one of the important symptoms, so mix carefully, and the disease may have two side-effects.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 03, 2013, 06:26:37 am »

Boom, you have created your very first beneficial virus. It will cure (and create Antibodies for) any other sickness you might have accidentally caused (or by event) and, if you get Longevity, the side-effect will eventually vanish (and the virus will be transmittable VERY quickly).

You could also isolate Anti-Bodies and Longevity in two different viruses and combine them - it will be much faster, but you risk overwriting one of the important symptoms, so mix carefully, and the disease may have two side-effects.
I've never played this but i always thought it interesting to read the stories.
You say that the virus is transmittable, couldn't one make a non-transmittable cureall virus and inject it to keep it for oneself? If that is the case, could you make another virus that kills or whatever you want it to do, get infected and basically become an immune plauge bearer?
On second thoughts. the cureall would probably remove the second one so you would have to infect others with another method.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 06:31:43 am by Ivefan »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 03, 2013, 06:46:05 am »

I shot a slime that was in the hallway, and I think that was pretty much the only time I fired a weapon- apart from when I shot myself in the face with beanbag rounds whilst sawing off my shotgun. -_-

I lol'd.

Reading through all this made me think that this was one of the best rounds I've played so far. Another movie worthy round, certainly, and the cast of characters made the game as good as it was. The plotting behind everyone's back, character development (As much as you can get in a game like this), and appropriate climax arcs just made it feel like it was all scripted. Of course, I was in the thick of it most of the time, so I'm a little biased.

It was also the first round where evidence I gathered actually resulted in something, which made me happy. Like, really, really happy. I love playing the detective. Even when it means that people get beat savagely for it.

It was a beautiful round, wasn't it?

Actually, the moment I really got into the RPing was when my poisoning of Danielle with Mindbreaker toxin (twice!) lead to her brutal beating. I was watching that and thinking "Oh my fucking god, what have I done?". All in all, the best round I've ever played.

And just for the hell of it:

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 03, 2013, 07:01:55 am »

I've never played this but i always thought it interesting to read the stories.
You say that the virus is transmittable, couldn't one make a non-transmittable cureall virus and inject it to keep it for oneself? If that is the case, could you make another virus that kills or whatever you want it to do, get infected and basically become an immune plauge bearer?
On second thoughts. the cureall would probably remove the second one so you would have to infect others with another method.

Typhoid Mary, eh? I am not sure how transmittable it would be in reality - the cureall gets a debuff to transmission and virulence, but the Longevity gets an immense buff to those. You CAN easily make just cureall virus, that's VERY likely to be non-transmittable, and even then probably just on contact.

Lethal viruses are not that easy to make, the worst kinds require a virus crate, which require either a damn good excuse, or damn good hacking. But it is entirely possible to make at least highly dangerous ones.

Generally, /tg/ virology is very fun system, I was overjoyed to see how it works compared to BS12 system, which I find tedious. With some persuasion, you can make some nice other beneficial viruses, like Toxic Compensation/Toxin Filter, which theoretically can fix ANY damage over time (the former converts all damage to Toxin damage, the latter fixes Toxin damage). Or Self Respiration/Stimulant, which turns you into a action hero for a while.

Then there is Genetics... a teamup of a good Geneticist and a good Virologist on Extended is basically Transhumanist wet dream.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 03, 2013, 08:42:20 am »

The rev round was an excellent nightmare for the crew, mostly due to Captain Black's outstanding bastardness. 'twas funny seeing the QM and his cargo tech doing some illegal binge drinking in his office. I didn't notice any rev activity though, but that's mostly because I wasn't paying full attention at the moment.

Current round is: Survival horror station 13. Fun times.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:00:40 am by Darvi »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 03, 2013, 10:06:22 am »

Hmm... I don't think there was a cargo tech. :P
You sure that wasn't the bartender, none other than the beautiful Lola Black?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 1654