Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1493 1494 [1495] 1496 1497 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125916 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #22410 on: June 25, 2015, 02:09:42 am »

I remember reading that service borgs are surprisingly lethal against xenomorphs due to their ability to mix sedative drinks. That also makes them decent traitors.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22411 on: June 25, 2015, 02:30:12 am »

Surgeon borgs > all borgs when it comes to xeno combat. Walk up, stunsaw, saw to death, repeat until you are the new queen.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22412 on: June 25, 2015, 02:31:51 am »

Become the queen.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22413 on: June 25, 2015, 02:46:31 am »

"They have a new alpha..." :P

Also, I've decided to code economy for tg this summer. Shouldn't take that long, really.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22414 on: June 25, 2015, 03:19:20 am »

I've started working on an SS13 map. It's...Actually not nearly as hard as I thought it would be insofar. Maintaining it is an issue from what I've heard, but so far creation has been relatively easy, if tedious.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22415 on: June 25, 2015, 05:55:38 am »

I've started working on an SS13 map. It's...Actually not nearly as hard as I thought it would be insofar. Maintaining it is an issue from what I've heard, but so far creation has been relatively easy, if tedious.
Have you gotten into disposals, and buttons, and all that delicious stuff yet?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22416 on: June 25, 2015, 05:56:26 am »

Have you gotten into disposals, and buttons, and all that delicious stuff yet?
Not disposals. Buttons, yes. Annoying but seem to be working alright. Ish.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22417 on: June 25, 2015, 12:46:45 pm »

Actually working the program and making all the utilities functional is easy, especially if you're a hardened SS13 vet who knows atmos/power. The hard part is bringing it all together in a way that fits, is entertaining, and isn't excessively large. Staying sane during the mapping process might be difficult; the tedium of it all can drive people mad.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22418 on: June 25, 2015, 12:48:32 pm »

How the hell do you map? What program do you use? TELL ME YOUR SECRETS D:<
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22419 on: June 25, 2015, 01:08:27 pm »

Actually working the program and making all the utilities functional is easy, especially if you're a hardened SS13 vet who knows atmos/power. The hard part is bringing it all together in a way that fits, is entertaining, and isn't excessively large. Staying sane during the mapping process might be difficult; the tedium of it all can drive people mad.
Re: Size, I found a good way to go about it is to give yourself a bare minimum of space on a turf, plop whatever the room needs for its look/function, then and only expand if you exceed that. It makes the room feature-dense, so to speak, going the other way makes it more like Glloydstation, which is spacious by design.

How the hell do you map? What program do you use? TELL ME YOUR SECRETS D:<
You use DreamMaker, the same tool you do for coding. You need to download the source code locally, then open baystation12.dme with DreamMaker, navigate to a map you want to edit or make a new map file, edit away.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22420 on: June 25, 2015, 01:11:39 pm »

Jacob informed me to just DL the Urist McStation code. I tried opening a map. It shouted at me that the compilation failed and I can't recompile for some reason. :C
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22421 on: June 25, 2015, 01:25:19 pm »

Jacob informed me to just DL the Urist McStation code. I tried opening a map. It shouted at me that the compilation failed and I can't recompile for some reason. :C
Get on the UMcS Playerbase steam group chat, I'll help you.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22422 on: June 25, 2015, 02:11:33 pm »

Get on the UMcS Playerbase steam group chat, I'll help you.
Waiting. :3
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22423 on: June 25, 2015, 04:43:06 pm »

Mad? I'm not mad! You're mad! heheheheheheheheheheh

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22424 on: June 25, 2015, 05:06:06 pm »

Its really fun when you sinkhours of work in without remembering to save and it crashes. Or remembering to save, and then it gets corrupted somehow.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 1493 1494 [1495] 1496 1497 ... 1654