Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we call the underground forest?

The Undergrove
- 6 (40%)
The Corpselight Grove
- 9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36

Author Topic: Ghoullights Chapter III: The Lamentation of Dyes [Succession]  (Read 40436 times)

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ghoullights - Zombie Elephants, Cruor and Silk [Succession]
« Reply #270 on: March 25, 2013, 02:14:46 pm »

Lol I'm 12! That's amazing! Youngest overseerer ever? Doubtful .. I know of a zombie arm that was overseerer so .... Anyhoof! I may lock the fortress off with the trapped dwarves in the underground, ill have to see on how bad the damage is .... This is going to be so much fun! (Actually serious not sarcastic!)

And I also have a year and 3 /4 of a year to play around :d, but I have a nasty habit of making forts survive, on another succession fort, the maker tried 3 times to get a fort going, I reclaimed it the 4th time and managed to make the year witha dwarf alive :p

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 25, 2013, 02:17:37 pm »

I think we could live (heh heh) with the fort actually surviving and doing well for a few years. For a nice change and all. :D

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 25, 2013, 02:34:55 pm »

Lol I'm 12! That's amazing! Youngest overseerer ever? Doubtful .. I know of a zombie arm that was overseerer so .... Anyhoof! I may lock the fortress off with the trapped dwarves in the underground, ill have to see on how bad the damage is .... This is going to be so much fun! (Actually serious not sarcastic!)

And I also have a year and 3 /4 of a year to play around :d, but I have a nasty habit of making forts survive, on another succession fort, the maker tried 3 times to get a fort going, I reclaimed it the 4th time and managed to make the year witha dwarf alive :p

Absolutely relevant:
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/im-twelve-years-old-and-what-is-this
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 25, 2013, 02:45:47 pm »

And I just noticed she likes gutter cruor too, like a very healthy 12-year old. I imagine it's something like a bitter in taste, except not refreshing. Something that clogs your sinuses. And halberds, of all things. Refined.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 25, 2013, 03:09:40 pm »

And I just noticed she likes gutter cruor too, like a very healthy 12-year old. I imagine it's something like a bitter in taste, except not refreshing. Something that clogs your sinuses. And halberds, of all things. Refined.

That's... amazing. I suggest she grows up to be the weaponsmith, so we can have an artifact halberd around the halls.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 25, 2013, 03:30:22 pm »

Specially chose a 12 year old to dwarf you Destra, with the plan of you becoming an adult at the start of your turn.

Essentially, the flood was caused by us hitting something while digging the lever room. I figured it would just drain off the map, but it took awhile.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 25, 2013, 03:44:57 pm »

Wonderful choice, that, it seems. The aquifer breach, however... while it really actually may drain down your magma tube (I'm not sure, the passages have enough twists down there to confuse me), wouldn't that still leave us with a permanent system of waterfalls and underground rivers leading all the way down to the dwarven dishwasher? Sort of cool, but it might especially make the lever room kind of hard to use, it being at the top of the waterfall.

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 25, 2013, 03:56:40 pm »

All more evidence that I am , indeed, amazing :p

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 25, 2013, 04:03:59 pm »

it might especially make the lever room kind of hard to use,Will help our dwarves level up their swimming skill, it being at the top of the waterfall.

There, fixed it for you

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 25, 2013, 04:22:21 pm »

it might especially make the lever room kind of hard to use,Will help our dwarves level up their swimming skill, it being at the top of the waterfall.

There, fixed it for you

It had better too, if they're going to have to swim 10 levels upwards in a stream of water pouring straight down every time they want dinner. Too bad pathing doesn't work that way and the madness needs to stop. We could still have a swimming room like a normal fortress. :P

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 25, 2013, 04:22:53 pm »

This is more !!FUN!!

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 25, 2013, 05:42:31 pm »

I like how this is picking up steam. Hail twelve year old queen Destra, hopefully ender of floods.
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2013, 02:50:25 pm »

Hopefully, psh, have faith! Your 12 year old queen shall not fail you! :p we shall end the floods and grow strong! Why I already have plans to get more slaves ... Erm dwarves into the fort!

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2013, 11:39:26 pm »

Or you could even contaminate a well with vampire blood, turn everyone into a vampire, let people out and build a dainty little utopian town of undeath and phantom spiders where dwarf and zombie live in harmony, complete with a migrant harvesting system for controlled feeding (they get to come back as a zombie and join the settlement, everybody wins). Come see our fine wax crafts and try our mead, made by our busy zombie bees! Pat a zombie elephant's trunk! Leave free of excess blood! Bring your children too!
This is the greatest idea I've ever seen.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 27, 2013, 07:35:30 am »

It would make a decent mega-project. Or a community fort, which would increase the chance of fun things to happen dramatically.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36