Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 76

Author Topic: UnReal World - Now on Steam! (3.51 Stable, 29th Jun. 2018)  (Read 168108 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.19-Stable, 16th Sept. 2014)
« Reply #900 on: January 09, 2015, 05:55:48 am »

I missed that new release, thanks for the report.
Lots of changes i see, time to start a new adventurer to see how the changes will impact his build up.

In general you can now expect more varied and greater number of wildlife to exist in the world
Great, that should help hunting for food less luck dependant, as it wasn't rare that my character could go hunt for a couple of days without seeing even the smallest of the animals.

Oh and by the way, UnrealWorld got the steam greenlight a few days ago

intense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.19-Stable, 16th Sept. 2014)
« Reply #901 on: January 09, 2015, 07:13:53 am »

This game is just awesome.
I just added shamans mod to it but barely touched it since i have so many things to do.
Started an insane character with house rules a few weeks ago:
Koivulaiset culture, minimal skills except bow and axe, running slave scenario in winter and no trade (this one is a killer). Let me tell you that this is a different game then choosing kaumo start.. kaumo is easy mode.
It took me like half a year in game time to upgrade fishing skill to a decent level so i didnt starve all the time.
Also i had to rely on killing other npcs that i met on worldmap (like thieves and njperpezit and woodsmen) for clothing and tools and weapons.
This gives the game a brand new flavor, you have to think every move you make, plan ahead and suddenly every skill becomes important.
Now i am in my 2nd year, im still avoiding njpezit and upgrading herbalism atm because man is it easy to get wounded now.
In 2 or 3 years i hope to have enough stuff to start shamanism too.
Ain't this game great?
Cheers!

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.20-Stable, 22nd Dec. 2014)
« Reply #902 on: January 10, 2015, 05:02:23 pm »

Getting into this again. Decided to start as Owl Tribe because I like the first northern portrait. Realized their endurance and strength sucked, and decided to reroll and see if I could get a max endurance character. Wound up getting probably my best starting char yet.

This is the result:
Spoiler: Character Stats (click to show/hide)

Took me about 50 rerolls to get a max endurance char (max speed and agility was popping up constantly due to Owl Tribe, but endurance not so much). His strength kinda sucks, but rest of the stats are superb. Not sure if maxed int/will is going to help much (never really tried getting high mind stats, no idea what they do other than a few skill bonuses). Then I look at the ritual page. Starting rituals: General Sacrifice and Oath of Iron. So that's nice.

Upped my bow, stealth, axe, hideworking, and carpentry skills. Using the self sufficiency pack mod (which uses those last two skills) and plan to be a hermit that makes everything himself. Plan is to start in the north, make a homestead, make a set of gear, then go after njerpezit characters. Will have to see how effective stealth and bow are. Can I sneak up on their villages, shoot a few to death, and run off without getting shot to death back? First time playing this since enemies had the ability to use bows, so lots of new features to explore for me. Might even just roam around killing bandits (or get brutally murdered, no idea how strong those are haha).

Decided to be extra crazy and start as a runaway slave. Ran into a very small kota. Let's see if I can survive to actually use this character. Haha.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:14:02 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 10, 2015, 05:42:31 pm »

That character would be an absolute demon as a stealthy bow user/hunter. Stealth archery is probably my fave build, and very, very powerful if played well. Axe skill was probably a waste when compared to maxing out knife for speed related melee. You can do exactly as you suggest - sneak up to a camp, pepper a target or two with arrows, then run outta there before returning later. This is even easier in winter if you can get off a few shots, ski to maintain range, shoot a few times and then rinse and repeat.  The high willpower roll will help you outrun enemies before fatigue kicks in. The lack of strength might be an issue though - after clothing and some hunting gear you might get a moderate skill penalty.

If you die on runaway slave, it was a waste of a sweet character.
This is a blank sig.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #904 on: January 10, 2015, 05:58:28 pm »

Not sure if it was downright luck or if the character is just that badass. Wiped out the entire camp. Started and ran into the Kota next to me. A warrior followed me in. He clumsily dropped his handaxe and I took it and hit him in the eye with it. He had a shortbow and 20 broadheads on him. I then stepped in and out shooting arrows at the nearby warriors, going back in and finishing them off with handaxe after they closed in on me. Only received three small wounds thanks to crazy dodge skills. Wiped out the entire camp of 10 warriors. At one point there were 5 bleeding and unconscious warriors on the ground by the door with another one on top of them fighting me. Finished him off then hacked all 5 of them in the skull one by one.

Now I have a huge pile of loot.

Axe skill paid off big time thanks to the dropping of that handaxe.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 10, 2015, 06:00:24 pm »

You lucky bastard!

Though, you have had a clear demonstration of the power of high speed and high agility bow armed characters, in the dodging if nothing else.
This is a blank sig.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 18, 2015, 06:56:29 am »

Uhoh, I'm reaching the "meh" part of the game.

What do you do when you have a good house, more food then you will ever eat, and can survive winter without a problem? I need some (figurative) meat in the late game.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 18, 2015, 12:20:05 pm »

I've hit a strange bug. I save my game at my home, load up a few (RL) days later, and find all my crops fully grown, but all my fish(but strangely, not the smoked capercallie cut I've had since the start) are spoiled, even the stuff about a day old. Most of the crops still had several months left on them, except the turnips which had about a week left to ripen.

Uhoh, I'm reaching the "meh" part of the game.

What do you do when you have a good house, more food then you will ever eat, and can survive winter without a problem? I need some (figurative) meat in the late game.
Crusade to purge the njerpez? Purge everyone but the njerpez? Burn down every tree in the game?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 18, 2015, 12:21:20 pm »

Maybe "roleplaying" (as i'm not sure it would actually work in actual gameplay) the liberation of the slaves from the Njerpez-owned territory by destructing the Njerpez troops in their own place could work for late game stuff to do ?

edit : Akura was faster :D

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 18, 2015, 12:30:19 pm »

My long-term anti-boredom plan is annihilation of Islander culture. As I do that in-between making first year things and crops, it usually takes two seasons. Almost always its winter, because winter is boring and dark.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 18, 2015, 10:06:52 pm »

Well, got mauled by a bear. Apparently by the time it take me to throw a javelin it can cover several yards and deck you with one hit. Dog didn't help much.

Now, something I also noticed is that when I first started playing in an area, it was literally flooding with wildlife. I just needed to put a spike trap south slightly south of my house and the reindeer that kept running into my camp would fall in it and I would get a steady supply of meat and pelts, and other traps in the area were usually triggered. But now there is nothing. I perform the hunting ritual and walk around all day, and I don't see a thing.

Anyone know why this changed so rapidly?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 19, 2015, 12:44:22 pm »

I am pretty sure population of the animals is based on hunting and human activity i.e. you have hunted them thin and the rest have left due to you living in the area

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: January 19, 2015, 05:14:42 pm »

It seems that stags all have a psychic connection, in which after they get isolated, they choose a spot and all converge on it and make tracks go in every direction, then either disappear, merge into one stag who walks away, or congo line out of the place. Because after chasing a stag, they make their way to a clusterfuck of fresh stag tracks and I can find 4-5 tracks leading into it, but MAYBE one leading out.

And after cornering 2 reindeer on a mountain and having them vanish into thin air right in front of me, I have to lean towards them disappearing.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 20, 2015, 10:24:44 am »

It seems that stags all have a psychic connection, in which after they get isolated, they choose a spot and all converge on it and make tracks go in every direction, then either disappear, merge into one stag who walks away, or congo line out of the place. Because after chasing a stag, they make their way to a clusterfuck of fresh stag tracks and I can find 4-5 tracks leading into it, but MAYBE one leading out.

And after cornering 2 reindeer on a mountain and having them vanish into thin air right in front of me, I have to lean towards them disappearing.
I'm fairly sure they actually run in circles to confuse the tracks; the one track leading out is the one you need to follow.  That said, I tend to have problems with cursorial hunting, too.  I tend to fail more often than not because I lose the tracks. 

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: January 20, 2015, 11:06:11 am »

They are faster than you (especially when panicked, they can get 5-6 tiles per turn), so most propably they ran behind you and thus out of your sight range.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 76