Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 76

Author Topic: UnReal World - Now on Steam! (3.51 Stable, 29th Jun. 2018)  (Read 168115 times)

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.18-Beta4, 3rd Jan. 2014)
« Reply #810 on: January 26, 2014, 12:20:51 am »

Okay so either I'm the luckiest person ever, or the Njerpez in my save are particularly dumb. I was out hunting chasing elk across the map when I saw a Njerpez warrior off in the distance. Knowing their penchant for pain-filled savagery, I surprisingly decided not to wander in his direction, and promptly turned around to head back home. I turned around and walked right into a second Njerpez warrior filled with piss and vinegar, ready to murder. I'm hungry and tired, my dog is barking in hunger, limping, and wounded all over. I can't find my punt to get back to my home island. My character who has been successful so far is about to meet his untimely end.

I zoom in to the guy standing at the other end of my screen, shortbow at the ready. I order my dog to attack just as he looses his first shot, which plunks directly in the tree next to me. I heft a javelin and toss it in his direction, hitting him in the shoulder and knocking the bow out of his hands. By now, my dog Palo has caught up to him, dodges his spear attack and bites him in the leg, causing him to fall prone. From all the way across the map because I know that I don't have time to save my dog, I throw another javelin, which lands a solid hit, piercing him in the eye and killing him instantly. Ready to drop, I pump my kaumolais spear above my head in victory like a tusken raider, loot him and cut him up and feed him to my dog. I figure now is a good time to find my pump and head home before I pass out.

I finally find my punt on the wilderness map and walk on top of it, only to find Asshole #2 from before on the same tile. At this point, I'm ready to drop, hunger bar full, thirst bar full, Palo is injured even more than before. I order Palo to attack and before I even have time to react, an arrow from Njerpy hits me dead in the shoulder. Luckily Palo manages to knock the bow from his hands, forcing him to switch to melee. For some reason, he rushes over to me, completely ignoring Palo as he nips at him all the way. Just as he reaches my tile and is about to kill me, I hit him square in the face with my kaumolais spear, knocking him over, where Palo rips his throat out. At this very moment, exhaustion kicks in and I pass out.

I have no idea how I survived this much attempted murder in one day with no prior experience in person-to-person combat. It seems like spearmaster Starvarad Kauomolainen is a much better roll than I thought he was.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 27, 2014, 07:00:40 am »

Nice read.  Glad you survived!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 27, 2014, 09:11:34 am »

Be proud. That was quite the accomplishment. This game makes for some of the best stories, both good and bad. Some times you walk right up to a Bear and stab him in the eye. Sometimes a squirrel bites you on the kneecap and you pass out and die. (both true stories)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 27, 2014, 11:58:11 am »

Very nice report.

Are those njerpez able to move far away from their territory (as i'm currently settled on half the world from them) ?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 27, 2014, 12:07:58 pm »

I've seen some wandering around near my area, and I'm on the edge of Drilik territory. So I think they can wander pretty much anywhere.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 27, 2014, 01:01:24 pm »

There's wandering njerks everywhere, but most camps are in njerk cultural zone.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 27, 2014, 01:04:59 pm »

I have noticed that camps spawn with annoying regularity near anywhere I build shelters or settlements, most often when I am playing as a Kaumo, or at least in/near the Kaumo lands.
This is a blank sig.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 27, 2014, 01:07:48 pm »

Thanks, i'm in Driik territory (for the usual better choice of items they have, at least if it's still true for current version) too.
I was wondering if building some traps here and there could have some interest , but if the njerpez can wander aroung, looks like that's what i'm going to do.

Probably going to catch some of those villagers if they're trying to get to me (due to the trout episode)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 30, 2014, 01:04:47 pm »

I've noticed that if you try to steal from villages' fields, even in the dead of night, they'll know. They'll know.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 30, 2014, 02:56:08 pm »

They know you stole that single barleycorn or whatever.

Every bird must be the eternal enemy of every farmer in the game.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

voodooattack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 30, 2014, 03:08:50 pm »

I've noticed that if you try to steal from villages' fields, even in the dead of night, they'll know. They'll know.

This will seriously hamper my "foraging" activities. Oh well..
A Dance With Ice and Fire
An open-world roguelike based off the world of "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 30, 2014, 03:11:18 pm »

They know you stole that single barleycorn or whatever.

Every bird must be the eternal enemy of every farmer in the game.

Considering most farmer's views of birds who eat crops in the real world...that's probably not too far off.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 01, 2014, 11:43:47 am »

This will seriously hamper my "foraging" activities. Oh well..
The good news is that they'll only consider it stealing if it's on a "field" map block(the overworld map shows crops). If it says "ground", feel free to take, as far as I can tell. Not sure about "pasture" tiles.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 01, 2014, 03:26:46 pm »

Having recently been told off for turnip harvesting from a pasture, its safe to say that they are considered village property too.
This is a blank sig.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 27, 2014, 02:04:11 am »

The stable version of 3.18 has finally been released! Cry it from the hilltops! But not too loudly, there may be Njerpez around.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 76