Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 76

Author Topic: UnReal World - Now on Steam! (3.51 Stable, 29th Jun. 2018)  (Read 168125 times)

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.16 Beta, 21st Feb 2013)
« Reply #195 on: February 28, 2013, 08:31:30 pm »

Making a raft is pretty easy, takes some time, though. You'll also have to rip off a bit of your clothes for some cords.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 28, 2013, 08:34:37 pm »

Hmm, i'll take then the midway path, i'll keep the spoiled food but only to give it to adventurers/hunters when i want to get more companions :D
I'm not sure they accept spoiled. At least in trade, it hasn't any value (even worse than cooked). So, if you wanna trade, do it quickly with raw cuts/fish.
Yes they do as i just convinced a hunter to come with me with a bunch of spoiled food i carried from my refuse stockpile (played DF too much :D ) , at least for the companionship as i have not tried for trading.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 28, 2013, 08:51:26 pm »

well it doesn't matter what you give them as you can take it back as if they are pack animals, and like pack animals any food they are hauling will have it's lifetime halted so can be preserved indefinitely better then a cellar (at least I am guessing but it's an exploit that im not using, although I am using the free companions by taking the food back but I think it's nicer then the alternative of beating him to death after instead)

There are a lot of plants in the new version that aren't in the wiki yet, anyone know of any dangers?

The only one I have tested (by eating) so far is Lake Reeds and they seem safe to eat raw, quite tasty as well or at least the ones I picked up.
EDIT: Lake Reed roots that is, have to harvest them then thresh them,

P.S. Speaking of poking sticks at bears, has anyone tried to see what happens if you apply a rope on one? Leashing a bear would be quite interesting methinks :P
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:58:40 pm by Sharp »

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2013, 09:05:56 pm »

You used to be able to leash them if they were sleeping and you managed to get next to them without waking them up. Not sure if it still works like that, it was a few versions ago.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2013, 09:29:33 pm »

But what happens then is what I really want to know :P

Will a bear wandering about with a dead guy attached to it by rope be spotted? Will it tame it? Will it be tame until you decide to unleash and then it mauls you?

I suppose I should try this on a squirrel or something first :P

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2013, 09:36:49 pm »

Back then it became tame, and remained tame even if unleashed. It would only eat you if you accidentally attacked it. This was quite a few versions ago though, so I don't know if it still works.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

christonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Play Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2013, 10:00:51 pm »

episode 2 - always looking for advice for direction of this lets play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igtXMvmFQpY

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2013, 10:09:32 pm »

You can't 'a'pply ropes to wild animals anymore.

There are a lot of plants in the new version that aren't in the wiki yet, anyone know of any dangers?

Alt+e to use herbalism to try to figure out what plants do and if they're edible.

The only deadly things I know of are sand mushrooms, they can't be eaten no matter what you do with them. There are some other mushrooms that are deadly raw but fine after boiling (or something of the sort.)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 28, 2013, 10:54:38 pm »

I seem to recall there being multiple world types in the version I purchased a few years back - islands, land-locked, etc. Now, I don't get to choose how the world generates and I always get a large peninsula with water to the north, west, and south. The series linked by christonian shows the same thing.

Sadness. I liked that part.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 28, 2013, 11:29:42 pm »

THe world generation was changed, but in place, you now get pretty much all of the types of world you used to generate, all in one world, and  the world is, I believe, about 6 times bigger than they used to be as well... so... I feel it's a fair trade.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 01, 2013, 01:44:50 am »

You can't 'a'pply ropes to wild animals anymore.

Alt+e to use herbalism to try to figure out what plants do and if they're edible.

The only deadly things I know of are sand mushrooms, they can't be eaten no matter what you do with them. There are some other mushrooms that are deadly raw but fine after boiling (or something of the sort.)

But does one herbalism check automatically tell you all the properties of a plant?

Moot point now because all the information is in text files in the game folder under newherbs, apparently the lake reed roots can be ground into flour which is good to know, I don't need to do any farming at all, I can live of porridge forever!

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 01, 2013, 01:47:34 am »

But does one herbalism check automatically tell you all the properties of a plant?

Moot point now because all the information is in text files in the game folder under newherbs, apparently the lake reed roots can be ground into flour which is good to know, I don't need to do any farming at all, I can live of porridge forever!

Depends on how good your herbalism skill is/how lucky you are. It will tell you if it's completely known by you or if there's still more to learn, though.

I had no idea about that text file, very handy.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 01, 2013, 05:49:43 am »

So I started as fisherman. Nets are godsend.

Now because there's my tribe's village south, and I need to get some specialized axes:

What is better for trade, prepared fish (roasted, for example) or raw ones? I have several perch and few trouts, are they valuable? :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

christonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Play Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 01, 2013, 08:12:26 am »

So I started as fisherman. Nets are godsend.

Now because there's my tribe's village south, and I need to get some specialized axes:

What is better for trade, prepared fish (roasted, for example) or raw ones? I have several perch and few trouts, are they valuable? :P

dont trade them you will need them or starve

cut down trees and make items such as cups, bowls and javelins if you want to trade(keep a few javelins for yourself for when you want to go hunting)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 01, 2013, 08:54:11 am »

dont trade them you will need them or starve
Depends on how skilled he is. the fisherman i started playing got so much fish that i stopped playing because it was easy
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 76