Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Dark Magi: The Terenos Cut OOC Thread.  (Read 10627 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: The Terenos Cut OOC Thread.
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 06:30:05 pm »

Pretty in Pink(red)
Night of a Thousand Needles
Winter's Chill
Grasping at Straws
Word to your Mother
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 01:04:09 am »

you guys are slackers

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 03:10:34 am »

Seriously guys, get on it. The update is been up for a while, although I can get rid of you if you want.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 03:20:50 am »

Im not sure if they would appreciate that, i on the other hand... :P
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 01:38:09 pm »

technically we lost 2, Tere could totally let you in now

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 11:27:54 pm »

Okay, just a gripe, but isn't spending a lot of time in the library one of the Big Things I got killed for?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 12:48:43 am »

Being a hinderance and a communally destructive tool was what you were killed for. Jerking it in the library every turn, while annoying, serves some purpose at the very least.

In the long run though, it is totally an excuse for someone else to murder another player later for. If you were nearly as observant as you think you are, you might notice that current events have sort of forced the MIA of several people from the tower who, IC, aren't even aware you're dead yet and might care to deal with other slackers the same way. For the most part we're all just too busy to care at the moment. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:55:48 am by CyberGenesis »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 12:30:44 pm »

I am really, really glad I decided to get the hell out of Suomi when I could. Even with my magic I don't think I would have survived a battle like that.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 04:18:34 pm »

Never know, a flat "fuck you" void cast right in the blacksmith's face might have helped a bit, probably kept scap alive. Destructive affinity in casts make having a disposable army helpful - collateral damage is easily replaced. Drop a mini black hole in the middle of a melee an watch -everything- die.

Either way, it's now time for some DRASTIC MEASURES
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:35:32 pm by CyberGenesis »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 04:40:09 pm »

Ahh I just realized this thread existed, I would have changed my character sheet sooner if I had known!  Alright I'll post my character sheet again here and make my garments less modern.  Can I assume the rest of my sheet it okay?

Name: Jim
Gender/Sex: Male
Description: Light skinned (white), 6ft tall and thin but still relatively strong with short but thick dark brown hair and eyes.  Usually wears a hooded cloak, thin gloves, boots and a metal mask that conceals his features.  Underneath the cloak is some leather armor for absorbing minor blows and cuts without weighing him down too much or inhibiting movement.
Background: He worked as a grave digger for a large portion of his life, alone and without family or friend except for the remains of the deceased and the voices within his head that whisper to him ceaselessly of immortality and unlimited power.  People thought he was crazy and for the most part avoided him but with time, listening to the voices paid off and Jim began to show a talent for necromantic magics.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:44:27 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 08:13:48 pm »

Being a hinderance and a communally destructive tool was what you were killed for. Jerking it in the library every turn, while annoying, serves some purpose at the very least.
Hey...that's a wee bit biased.
1. I did, in fact, contribute to the community before going on the library binge, and attempted to afterwards. By the time you killed me, I was ready to be a fully productive person...but now I'm an unproductive corpse. See who's destructive?
2. Aside from stealing the books (which I later tried to fix), when was I "destructive?"

If you were nearly as observant as you think you are, you might notice that current events have sort of forced the MIA of several people from the tower who, IC, aren't even aware you're dead yet and might care to deal with other slackers the same way. For the most part we're all just too busy to care at the moment.
Ah, yes, so busy that you don't care about these people doing almost exactly what I was...

Look, my problem isn't people not mourning over my death, it's people not batting an eye over doing a substantial part of what got me the death sentence with no trial.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 09:08:31 pm »

Hey...that's a wee bit biased.
1. I did, in fact, contribute to the community before going on the library binge, and attempted to afterwards. By the time you killed me, I was ready to be a fully productive person...but now I'm an unproductive corpse. See who's destructive?
2. Aside from stealing the books (which I later tried to fix), when was I "destructive?"

If you were nearly as observant as you think you are, you might notice that current events have sort of forced the MIA of several people from the tower who, IC, aren't even aware you're dead yet and might care to deal with other slackers the same way. For the most part we're all just too busy to care at the moment.
Ah, yes, so busy that you don't care about these people doing almost exactly what I was...

Look, my problem isn't people not mourning over my death, it's people not batting an eye over doing a substantial part of what got me the death sentence with no trial.

We are a Cabal of Dark Mages. Scrupules aren't high on our list of priorities.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 09:29:13 pm »

This isn't about scruples, it's about holding everyone to the same standards. If Cyber's character thought Maxine deserved death, why hasn't he reacted to anyone else?
Sig

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 10:13:39 pm »

Wounded, damaged gear, more pressing threats to safety over production? Shall I continue? You did notice we were sorta attacked right? Had i known THAT would happen i would have waited until afterward to kill you.

You can claim you tried to fix it all you want, but the sheer fact you continued to be a tool about the books for almost 10 straight posts meant more than any amount of 'willingness' to be useful.

And actually you aren't even a corpse, which i was hoping for at LEAST a new zombie out of killing you. Instead i lost an eye and broke my staff and got nothing afterward. Either way, I was simply the trigger man and I had given a full heads up IC that failure meant death - which you ignored entirely. Even after you made Adept, you continued to cock-block the rank progression of the rest of the tower. Your death was justified, live with that.

What's worse? I wasn't even the first person to ATTEMPT you kill you, you were simply too dense to notice and rolled too well for it to happen sooner. I just flat out created a situation in which to do it.

If Jerik wants to be a tool, someone else will likely murder him - for now the tower is not my concern. I have my adept rank and I have a plan, a very VERY crazy plan. None of which involves caring what anyone else, for the time being, is doing - but I will keep track.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:57:48 pm by CyberGenesis »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 08:05:58 am »

<move forward in thread>
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:03:22 am by kahn1234 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10