Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46196 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 2
« Reply #345 on: February 24, 2013, 03:03:39 am »

Chapter 2: Black Season.
Part Two: The Storm Rages.
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi is a small town, that doesnt have a particular allegiance. It exports lumber and is nominally protected by its own militia. The people there are somewhat friendly to newcomers, and you're sure there's work to be had there. Current status: Mobs!

Norvak A town roughly the same size as Suomi. It seems to be primarily focused on cattle. But it is growing rapidly due to an influx of refugees. It is defended by a small fort garrisoned by veterans of the King's Army.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
Samuel
Your expertise in earth magic goes unrequested. You spend most of your time cutting firewood and lugging it into the tower. On the plus side your leg seems to have healed.

Jerik
[3+1] The limited number of skeletons makes your task of raising them easy. Before long the last remaining skeletal remains have been raised.

---
Roland
You brave the elements outside the ruin in which you are camping. The storm rages hard and the wind chills you to the bone. [?,?,?] You get a bit turned around in the white-out conditions, and manage to stumble back into the ruins several hours later.

Patrizio, Helfd
[4] Helfd busies himself with clearing rubble alongside the skeletons.
[6,2] You study, poke and prod magically at the runic symbol. It takes hours of singular focus but theres so much to learn from it. Finally, just as you feel you are nearing the exhaustion of the potential for study the ground begins to rumble in response to your more magical research of the rune and its surroundings. You dive to safety! [2] But come up just short. A chunk of rock [?] shatters your legs, but the skeletons are able to clear the rubble and get you safely clear of the hallway before it too collapses.
Still, apart from the heavy wound, you're quite happy with your insights into Earth Magic.

---
Detani
With the arrival of the heavy storm, you decide to stick around Norvak for now. Posing as an adventurer you inquire as to any jobs that might be available nearby. The peasants are used to the adventuring sort, but say that during the winter they have no real troubles. Goblins, which are this regions main issue, don't much like the cold. There is however a standing bounty on goblins. Clear a nest, get 1-3 loot tokens. Usually the Kings Guard will clear them out quickly, on discovery. Just to avoid having to pay out the bounty.
This is about all of use you glean from hours and HOURS of patient inquiry, and ignoring just about everything about raising sheep.
---
Sholan
You focus on raising corpses for now, and lament the damage done to your staff. [4+1] Your spellcraft is excellent, and you raise a dozen zombies from the tower stocks. However your plans to leave the tower for the distant ruins is stymied by the raging storm.
---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
[6,6,5] Heavy blizzards pound a huge area around the Tower. Travel is inadvisable.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 03:06:06 am by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 24, 2013, 03:13:22 am »

The storm raged outside and Sholan contemplated plan upon plan, eventually closing the shutters and returning to his room. "Double-edged sword - I can't leave, but the mob won't come here either..."

"Might as well make use of the time I have I suppose," he mused aloud to no one in particular. Sally followed him out of the room as he left, as usual. He headed for the library, hoping the damage had been undone to the place with that meddlesome woman out of the way. He could feel enlightment at the tips of his fingers, he merely needed some more time to pour over the materials available in the library without any interruptions for once.

Sholan assumed this was a feeble wish...

The staff was his second most pressing concern. He feared using it in the damaged state it was in not knowing what could happen if things went poorly. Suicide wasn't on his list of things to do any time soon. If the library proved unusable for any reason, he could sit in his room and study the staff with the intent to find a way to repair it.

Study in the library, failing that - attempt to repair the staff only if a good understanding of how is reached
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 24, 2013, 03:32:52 am »

"Can't make it worse."

Cast spell to make a replacement arm out of earth
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 24, 2013, 06:17:47 am »

Damnation! I have managed to get the rune analysed but my learning was not without its price.Good thing Helfd and Roland were on the spot, they would be able to fix me right away.

"Guys! You dou mind fixing me? I can't do much with AAAUGHH... this hurts..."

Ask Helfd And Roland To heal my legs.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 07:27:09 am by Ardas »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 25, 2013, 03:22:44 pm »

With Helfd's help if possible and also while taking the staff if Patrizio allows it, heal his legs.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 25, 2013, 03:31:39 pm »

Jerik: Look into learning some Blood magic.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 3
« Reply #351 on: February 27, 2013, 08:23:44 am »

Chapter 2: Black Season.
Part Three: A Break in the Storm.
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi is a small town, that doesnt have a particular allegiance. It exports lumber and is nominally protected by its own militia. The people there are somewhat friendly to newcomers, and you're sure there's work to be had there. Current status: Mobs!

Norvak A town roughly the same size as Suomi. It seems to be primarily focused on cattle. But it is growing apidly due to an influx of refugees. It is defended by a small fort garrisoned by veterans of the King's Army.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
Samuel
[?] You bend your earth magic towards creating a new arm out of rock and dirt. This fails outright. You have the feeling you're just not capable of such a feat. Or of joining such an arm to your body in any healthy or safe way.
---
Jerik, Sholan
[6,3] Jerik manages tobeat Sholan into the library. And then bends his time towards the study of Blood Magic.
[3] The studying goes well, with a small amount of progress being made towards understanding Blood Magic (20% to Blood Magic)
[5] Blocked from study in the library, Sholan bends his knowledge to his enchanted staff. He studies it in exacting detail, discovering the crystal sitting atop it is cracked in several places. It is somewhat beyond his skill as a blood mage, to fix. Earth would likely offer the best chance for fixing the staff.
---
Patrizio, Helfd, Roland
Helfd and Roland bend their magical talents towards fixing Patrizio's shattered legs.
[3,5] Together, they are more than capable of knitting bone, arteries, veins and muscle together to restore your legs to functionality. [5] You grit your teeth and bear through the pain admirably. And while still not at your best you remain conscious.

Nothing else of note happens. Though it would appear the storm raging outside has stopped for a bit.
---
Detani
No action submitted.
---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
[1,1] The blizzards around the province have subsided significantly. Travel is once more possible without risking death by the elements. This also means the Suomi Mobs are free to move about.

Last turn was up on the 24th. I do expect you people to get your turns in in a somewhat reasonable order.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 27, 2013, 09:32:55 am »

Head to the city, check around for open positions as a wizard, do not advertise self as dark mage.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 27, 2013, 12:18:08 pm »

Make a earth golem outside
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 27, 2013, 03:16:03 pm »

Jerik: Continue to investigate the workings of Blood Magic. Or investigate the altar that has been set up, and perhaps try to improve it.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 27, 2013, 04:11:27 pm »

Magic was a wonderful thing. It could kill and it could save. It could build and it could destroy - truly, the powers of gods themsleves at the tip of man's fingers. It was time to put that to the test.

"Thanks guys, Brilliant work." I stretched my legs. "I managed to get a good look at the rune in our way, and Helfd heleped out too. What say you about going further down? We can crack that bastard open and see whats down here."

Take back my staff. Using gained insights, carefully dispell the rune to open up the passage and to prevent further rockfalls and blockages.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 06:07:29 pm by Ardas »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 27, 2013, 04:34:28 pm »

"Sounds like a plan."

If the way is opened, go into the tunnels with the others.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 27, 2013, 06:04:17 pm »

too lazy to fluff this one for now

make an attempt to study in the library, if this fails take a dozen armed zombies and head for the ruins the diary spoke of - pack for a potential resurgeance of the winter storm
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 27, 2013, 06:59:48 pm »

Okay, just a gripe, but isn't spending a lot of time in the library one of the Big Things I got killed for?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 27, 2013, 07:03:56 pm »

Okay, just a gripe, but shouldnt you be taking this to the OOC thread, since thats why its there!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 68