Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Space Station 13  (Read 13792 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2013, 04:06:02 pm »

Well, that was fun. Vines and space carps and spiders. And then everybody respawned as death squad.

My very first character: Andrew Grunt or something, an assistant. He and an engineer who hacked the system ordered flamethrowers to battle the vines. My very first character got to burn vines with a flamethrower. Well, he would have if the firelocks hadn't locked him in.

Andrew Hunt, actually. I was the RD, a bald woman, hacked into Captain's quarters, stole Spare ID to grant myself access to everything which later REALLY came in handy. Then the events started. First, the vines. Everything save from Arrivals with its hallway and, for a while, the Bar, got overgrown. We fought back with welders and a hatchet, then ordered incendiaries and weedkillers. Then spess arachnids invaded and killed everyone, we respawned as Deathsquad, and got blown to pieces by a bomb.

The dwarfiest round I've ever played.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Goobly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2013, 07:23:52 pm »

This game sounds awesome. I looked at gameplay and I have no idea what the hell is going on though.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2013, 10:38:16 pm »

I like this game quite a bit. The only reason I haven't been playing recently is that I kind of embarrassed myself on the server I usually play on (BS12). Hope you don't mind a somewhat heavy roleplayer on the server you've made.

EDIT: I just logged on, and the majority of the station is completely gone. Well, I'm off to a flying start.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 10:44:03 pm by ShoesandHats »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2013, 10:47:24 pm »

I like this game quite a bit. The only reason I haven't been playing recently is that I kind of embarrassed myself on the server I usually play on (BS12). Hope you don't mind a somewhat heavy roleplayer on the server you've made.
I wonder if I missed something interesting not being on there while I was sick last week...?

EDIT: I just logged on, and the majority of the station is completely gone. Well, I'm off to a flying start.
Sounds like a great reason to call the shuttle convert the mining station as a backup station!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 19, 2013, 10:50:42 pm »

Sounds like a great reason to call the shuttle convert the mining station as a backup station!

Majority of the station, including the arrivals shuttle and the areas around it. Couldn't avoid suffocation.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 19, 2013, 10:52:07 pm »

Majority of the station, including the arrivals shuttle and the areas around it. Couldn't avoid suffocation.
Invert that strikethrough tag and curse your luck, then. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2013, 12:56:01 am »

Interesting...I hadn't realized that Nox and Yog Stations don't have working databases either.   Guess that's a point in our favor that Librarian is actually a viable position, then.

KG
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:58:12 am by kg333 »

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2013, 04:32:11 am »

I've given Freshmaniscool admin on the one I'm hosting.  If he's ok with it, I intend to make him uberadmin and give him direct access to the VM that BYOND is running on, and leave choosing additional admins and setting up ground rules for the server to him. 

Also, I apparently left the lobby on delayed start last night when I finished testing, the server should actually have a round going now.

KG

I have alot of experience as an admin on a BS12 server too, a non roleplay one though, but well. Yeah, i can admin and code, both really good.
I could help out if you want.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2013, 07:15:10 am »

Man,are clowns always just trying to find ways to kill you?
I have died more to clowns than anything else.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2013, 09:22:46 am »

Some people say clowns aren't human, some say they are, until then, it remains an unsolved mystery.

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2013, 09:39:21 am »

How's the roleplaying on this server? Is it harsh? Or none at all?

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2013, 09:58:34 am »

Hasn't been fully worked out yet, but the community consensus seems to be that they'd like it to be medium roleplaying.  Not quite as heavy as BS12, a bit heavier than Goon or /tg/.

If someone would be comfortable running a server of that type, PM me.  As I said before, I'd prefer just to host, not actually manage...I don't really have the time for the latter right now.

KG

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2013, 10:05:14 am »

Hasn't been fully worked out yet, but the community consensus seems to be that they'd like it to be medium roleplaying.  Not quite as heavy as BS12, a bit heavier than Goon or /tg/.

Ah, well, now I only have to find out what medium roleplaying involves. :P

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2013, 10:10:07 am »

Ah, well, now I only have to find out what medium roleplaying involves. :P

if what is happening right now is medium roleplaying then i'll be fine with the heaviest people come up with

and i mean it in the most excited possible way

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2013, 10:53:00 am »

Medium roleplay means that you won't get banned as long as you try to roleplay and don't act very out of character. But it's hard to stay in-character when you arrive and vines are growing all over the station.

After that round everyone except for me left. So I spawned as janitor and started fiddling with vending machines, got myself badly injured and dragged myself to medbay, but somebody bolted the doors for some reason so I tried to hack in. And then I had to go :c

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13