Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Space Station 13  (Read 13802 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2013, 10:35:38 am »

We've had six?

Well.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2013, 10:37:50 am »

I'd appreciate if we didn't complain about admins. We've had six different SS13 threads for a reason, and this is it. It doesn't accomplish anything either, besides get threads locked.

Also, I'd recommend making the OP more descriptive. Not everyone has played SS13, you know.

Spoiler: Admin Application (click to show/hide)

No offence intended, everyone has their preferences, but if the server would become like that, I opt out. There is a reason why I am interested in playing on this server, and it being like Baystation 12 it ain't.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2013, 10:40:00 am »

Oh oops.Not talking about THESE admins.

I was banned while trying to report somebody randomly accusing and arresting for no reason on a random server.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2013, 10:42:21 am »

Well, you were actually banned for IC in OOC, but the ban was harsh since there was no warning.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2013, 10:45:09 am »

Well, you were actually banned for IC in OOC, but the ban was harsh since there was no warning.

What is this thing you call a 'warning'? I don't recall getting any, ever. Just admin getting pissy and breaking out the banhammer.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2013, 10:45:38 am »

Please don't talk about bans, or this thread might get locked aswell.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2013, 10:58:58 am »

Right..
Lets change the subject

So did you guys ever have a mime burger?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2013, 11:02:37 am »

Its fine to talk about bans when theres nowhere but here to be relevant to the server, I'd hardly think anyone would care if you mentioned it on the goon, /tg/, or bs12 forums. It just needs to be civil, short, and quick. If its none of those we can use PMs instead. Freshman started the thread and seems to have admin, so use him for PMs.

Also no, I have not had a mime burger before.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 11:04:50 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2013, 11:11:57 am »

I've given Freshmaniscool admin on the one I'm hosting.  If he's ok with it, I intend to make him uberadmin and give him direct access to the VM that BYOND is running on, and leave choosing additional admins and setting up ground rules for the server to him. 

Also, I apparently left the lobby on delayed start last night when I finished testing, the server should actually have a round going now.

KG

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2013, 11:34:00 am »

Did you know that, from DM, you can export a file containing all of the resources that people have to download when they connect?

Then you can host it elsewhere, so that it downloads faster, and doesn't use any server resources while downloading. Or, at least, they only need to download the parts that changed.
This sounds useful, but how do you set it up?

If you open the code in Dream Maker, then click the Build dropdown, there is a "Package Files..." option. In that menu, you have a set of radio buttons, one of which selects "World resource files".
Eh?
Eh!

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2013, 11:51:48 am »

Did you know that, from DM, you can export a file containing all of the resources that people have to download when they connect?

Then you can host it elsewhere, so that it downloads faster, and doesn't use any server resources while downloading. Or, at least, they only need to download the parts that changed.
This sounds useful, but how do you set it up?

If you open the code in Dream Maker, then click the Build dropdown, there is a "Package Files..." option. In that menu, you have a set of radio buttons, one of which selects "World resource files".

Huh.Really?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2013, 02:11:45 pm »

Well, that was fun. Vines and space carps and spiders. And then everybody respawned as death squad.

My very first character: Andrew Grunt or something, an assistant. He and an engineer who hacked the system ordered flamethrowers to battle the vines. My very first character got to burn vines with a flamethrower. Well, he would have if the firelocks hadn't locked him in.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 19, 2013, 02:22:55 pm »

My mostly-roboticist from BS12 tried chemistry. It would've been a far better idea to do robotics, I'd say. There would be less me dieng and more drilling spiders to death.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 19, 2013, 03:43:06 pm »

I put somebody in a trash compactor and they went WHOOM out of the airlock!

Good times with this game.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 19, 2013, 03:44:53 pm »

My first character helped banish an entity called Ratgod from the station, after several people were turned into creatures supposedly similar to metroids.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13