Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Namless Town (Shadow Iron Town Thread)  (Read 6072 times)

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Namless Town (Shadow Iron Town Thread)
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 07:29:06 pm »

Name: Go-gul
Physical Description: Looks uncannily like Gollum from The Lord Of The Rings. Could even be a direct descendant! Has green eyes instead of blue, though.
Mental Description: Behind this young old man's creature's stupid looking face resides a stupid thinking brain. Really, sometimes I think that he has only one word in his vocabulary, and of course it's 'Treasure'. I mean ugh I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't know how to even count gees he's so stupid!
Backstory: Go-gul was living in the attic of a nearby tavern, living off the scraps of food on the floor and the gold in people's wallets. On one day though, he saw an advertisement about Nameless town in a purse he was robbing. He didn't know exactly what it said, but saw the pictures of gold on the sheet. One day later he arrived.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 02:48:11 am »

"So here we are in the... exotic locale of Nameless Town. An appropriate name for this 'town', as it were."

Examine tower wagon for potential owners.
[4] A quick glance around it doesn't suggest anyone, so you do the obvious and knock on the door.

A few moments later, there's a few rattling, clicking sounds and the door opens. An old-looking bipedal human-sized white rat, complete with a wispy beard and bespectacled red eyes, is peering at you. He's wearing robes of the same red and gold as the wagon.

"Mm? Oh my, yes, welcome. Feel free to come in, or did you need something quicker?"

Talk to Reinforced Wagon's owner.
[1] You walk up to the reinforced wagon's counter, stare at the attractive owner's cleavage, and say "Haaaawt."

She lets out a slightly annoyed sigh.

Name: Go-gul
Physical Description: Looks uncannily like Gollum from The Lord Of The Rings. Could even be a direct descendant! Has green eyes instead of blue, though.
Mental Description: Behind this young old man's creature's stupid looking face resides a stupid thinking brain. Really, sometimes I think that he has only one word in his vocabulary, and of course it's 'Treasure'. I mean ugh I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't know how to even count gees he's so stupid!
Backstory: Go-gul was living in the attic of a nearby tavern, living off the scraps of food on the floor and the gold in people's wallets. On one day though, he saw an advertisement about Nameless town in a purse he was robbing. He didn't know exactly what it said, but saw the pictures of gold on the sheet. One day later he arrived.
((You're in.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 03:09:48 am »

Name: Lady Foxglove Vainglorious the III
Physical Description: Dark looking, fairly pretty woman with deep blue eyes and long black hair. Wears a black feathered cloak that wraps around a darkened leather armor, all the way down to her legs. Has a fancy swashbuckler hat with a jaunty feather in it atop her head.
Mental Description: Born and bred high lauded nobility, Lady Fox (to her use her short name) is a haughty, cunning and duplicitous woman who uses any means to achieve her own goals, and rarely concedes defeat. She employs deception and misdirection as an artform, and considers herself a cat in a world of mice. Very much the risk taker, if the situation calls for it, reckless in the extreme when pushed to her limits. Otherwise, generally cheerful and nice to be around, assuming you're willing to have fun, and don't have something she wants.
Backstory: Lady Fox is intent upon delving into the dungeon and amassing wealth, like any other...well, she can also be said to be looking a single precise item, actually.

The Mirror of Zot

It was said by the Bards, that the most famous Gnomic Wizard Zot forged a hand mirror of unsurpassed quality, so much so that it could shape it's reflection into an exact view of it's owners fondest wish-the ability to shape the viewed reality into true reality, as only the Gods must possess. Eternal life, youth and beauty is certainly something she's interested in using (and charging for), as might be changing her own appearance and identity every few hundred years. Zot apparently constructed the mirror for a woman he doted upon, then predictably sealed it into an impenetrable monster-tomb once she left him to pursue a career in owl dung sculpting, and fell for an long haired clay spinning artist of dubious repute.

Lady Fox has conned a succession of meatheaded adventuring hunks into going into the dungeons for her up till now, but all the ones she's tried have perished, vanished or come back turned into birds or dogs, or returned to her as statues-or other ridiculous things!

Fed up, she's now bound to enter the dungeon for herself...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:13:52 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 03:21:21 am »

Flick back to face and say sorry, ask what she does.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 03:35:30 am »

Lady Foxglove Vainglorious the III
((Oh hey, Dwarmin's back. :3

You're in. I should probably just mention that you can start acting right away.))

Flick back to face and say sorry, ask what she does.
[1] "Uh what yeah nice," you mutter, still staring at her chest.

She gives another sigh, but this one sounds less overtly annoyed and more... tediously annoyed, maybe?

[6] vs [2] You suddenly cry out in surprise as she places a finger to your forehead and pushes, sending you tumbling back rather violently. You come to a stop after a few rotations, unhurt but certainly a bit frazzled.

((Speaking of things I should mention, could players in this thread preface their actions with a quick reminder of who they are? I'm liable to forget otherwise.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 03:46:28 am »

Lady Foxglove Vainglorious (the third) stepped out of her gilded carriage, immediately sinking her fashionable knee length boots (imported Red Wyvern leather) into a puddle of mud. At least she hoped it was mud.

She scowled-as the driver hied rapidly away down the road. No one wonder he was so ready to depart this depressing depression of a city.

Well...onto business, she thought.

The dungeon was currently full-she could see the sign up, it said "NO OCCUPANCY"-so there was nothing to do but faff about, waiting for those jackasses in the dungeon to hurry up so she could have a turn.

She walked toward the bubbling wagon in her usual manner, first off. Lady Fox was nothing if not a believer in better living through chemistry.

Action: Stride confidently toward the Bubbling Wagon, check out whats up with all that
Emotion: Annoyed
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:48:24 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 03:49:13 am »

Ok try the Wagon Train for people.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 03:50:56 am »

Hop over to the shadowy shop and make a curious squawking noise.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 04:09:10 am »

Lady Foxglove Vainglorious (the third) stepped out of her gilded carriage, immediately sinking her fashionable knee length boots (imported Red Wyvern leather) into a puddle of mud. At least she hoped it was mud.

She scowled-as the driver hied rapidly away down the road. No one wonder he was so ready to depart this depressing depression of a city.

Well...onto business, she thought.

The dungeon was currently full-she could see the sign up, it said "NO OCCUPANCY"-so there was nothing to do but faff about, waiting for those jackasses in the dungeon to hurry up so she could have a turn.

She walked toward the bubbling wagon in her usual manner, first off. Lady Fox was nothing if not a believer in better living through chemistry.

Action: Stride confidently toward the Bubbling Wagon, check out whats up with all that
Emotion: Annoyed

[2] You approach the bubbling wagon confidently. The presumed proprietor, a person-sized owl, stares at you with wide eyes in silence.

[5] Fortunately you manage to figure out what all the contraptions located behind said silent fowl are. This appears to be a very well-equipped alchemist's laboratory, though you don't see any materials except those flowers in back.

The owner remains uselessly silent.

Ok try the Wagon Train for people.
[4] You check the wagon train, knocking on walls and the tiny door on the elaborate one. The latter opens after a moment, and a round, fuzzy spider the size of a volleyball scurries out. It's got some kind of bejeweled golden clasp or something around its middle.

"Greetings!" it says in an enthusiastic but tiny, high-pitched voice. "My name is Matron, the innkeeper. You'll be wanting a place to stay, I assume! No worries, I accept credit. Would you like to see the rooms?"

Hop over to the shadowy shop and make a curious squawking noise.
[3] "Oh ho ho," a smooth, somewhat seductive male voice calls from the shadows. "It seems a curious bird indeed has wandered to parts unknown. Tell me... do you seek fortunes within fortunes, or just another place to linger?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 04:21:04 am »

Deciding the Owl was an ornament...

Action: I Knock on the door of the wagon. If no response, try to talk to the Owl.
Emotion: Patient

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 04:40:43 am »

Deciding the Owl was an ornament...

Action: I Knock on the door of the wagon. If no response, try to talk to the Owl.
Emotion: Patient

[6] You bang on the door rather harshly, causing the owl to start a bit and then ask "Wh-what do you want?" in a vaguely feminine, slightly scared-sounding voice.

[4] You try your best to politely inquire about the chemical goings-on of this wagon, to which she briefly explains that her name is Agatha, she sells potions, she sells healing potions, and that she does accept credit.

She continues staring at you as though scared, however.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 04:49:33 am »

I would like a tour, thank you.

-Peter

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 06:30:59 am »

Go-gul seems to understand what he means, and speaks in a crooning voice.
"Treasure."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 07:54:48 am »

Lady Fox bowed her head a moment, then put on her attractive voice.

"Oh, sorry I startled you! Who might you be? I mean, I just wanted to inquire as to prices...and why you are a talking bird. So fascinating, yes! I bet you make the best potions, right! Even as a bird. You are so very pretty, a very pretty bird, yes you are!

I mean, I'd love to try one...perhaps you could be a darling and let me take one out for a trial run? I mean, you're not short of competition here, and I am shopping around..."
She asked coyly.

Action: Above questions. Try to figure out her name and how much she's charging, why she's a bird, and if I can get a free healing potion sample. Use my beauteous charm to get her at ease.
Emotion: Swindling

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 10:41:38 am »

"Yes, I would like to come in. You see, I am seeking information on this town and its inhabitants. Would you happen to know any enterprising sorts, as it were? Maybe somebody with a particular interest in property development? Or even just an ambitious mindset? I represent Green Sky Enterprises, you see, and I would like to first acquaint myself with the area and maybe even find somebody to enter a business partnership with."

Speak, gather information.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4