Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 992524 times)

GiantUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.4 !!Health View Poll!!
« Reply #240 on: July 18, 2013, 11:59:06 pm »

I finally got around to putting everything together and up on github.

OS X version of splinterz' dwarf therapist: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7842
(md5: 51e78f52ea657309240d37c8d3eb548c
sha1: f4a184a4798042ff36df102f89f9e1821aca8103)

Github project page: https://github.com/tareqak/dwarftherapist

I did my best to put some coherent instructions for building it, so if anyone has time and patience to spare please compile and reply with your results for Windows, OS X, and Linux.

Thanks,

Loschmidt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 20, 2013, 10:57:41 pm »

So I successfully built DT from source for Linux using GiantUrist's instructions, but it crashes straight away.

Log output here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Any ideas?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 21, 2013, 07:19:03 am »

Update on the issue of some categories not being read for roles (i.e. attributes for example)

If I have DT open, and dfhack: die my game, and reopen a new DF and reopen a game (without closing/reopening DT).  That's when I had the categories not load correctly.

GiantUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 21, 2013, 05:31:05 pm »

So I successfully built DT from source for Linux using GiantUrist's instructions, but it crashes straight away.

Log output here:

Any ideas?

I think I forgot to add a
Code: [Select]
make install line at the end of the instructions. Could you try that and let me know?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 21, 2013, 09:21:36 pm »

is there a way to do a filter script for current job as "rest"?

I'm trying to determine who to set as nobles (since the optimizer doesn't do that, not that I want it to, but I've had it happen where I assigned someone resting to a noble position and didn't figure it out till later).  Having a filter script to exclude those resting would make it easier.

I tried d.current_job() < 0 or > 0, didn't do anything.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:31:42 pm by thistleknot »

Loschmidt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 22, 2013, 05:33:44 pm »

Log output here:

Any ideas?

I think I forgot to add a
Code: [Select]
make install line at the end of the instructions. Could you try that and let me know?

So before reading your post I got it to work by:

Moving the executable out of /bin/release to the top dwarf therapist folder, and then running it as the super user (sudo).

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 22, 2013, 10:04:17 pm »

So before reading your post I got it to work by:

Moving the executable out of /bin/release to the top dwarf therapist folder, and then running it as the super user (sudo).

http://xkcd.com/149/
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

GiantUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 23, 2013, 01:52:50 pm »

I uploaded a new .dmg file for OS X. It should be useable for people without QT4 installed now.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7842

md5: df0ab78b81f624050adf1e2ba3cc4f3a
sha1: cd6dec07072f5dc0b60185fa630682a103e397d6

Edit: new upload with new checksums (again - 2 edits total).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 03:50:45 am by GiantUrist »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 26, 2013, 06:13:17 pm »

Spent a week making this tutorial

touches on how to use the labor optimizer to do some militia assignments/ and just how to use the labor optimizer in general.

http://youtu.be/gNVci8h1MkY

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #249 on: July 27, 2013, 12:17:55 am »

Is it possible to add a option to the optimizer, a check box or something, that is something like if assigned this labor the dwarf with not be assigned any other labors. The idea being that you can set n labors per dwarf but override it for certain labors with the above option. Alternatively an option to say persons with this labors can not have a the following labors (a list chosen by the user).
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 27, 2013, 04:48:49 am »

I think your talking about exclusive labors.  Splinterz and I had this discussion.  But could you elaborate a bit more?

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #251 on: July 27, 2013, 08:00:10 am »

I keep having the issue where the optimizer will assign two important time consuming labors to one guy. As a random example lets say brewing and mining to a dwarf in a young fort. Sure I may have the optimizer set to give 3 or 5 or however many labors to each dwarf but not those two to the same dwarf. They both need to be done and they both will take pretty much all of a dwarfs time. So if I could check a box next to mining that says if a dwarf is a miner, that is the only labor he gets assigned, even if the optimizer is set to give everyone 3 or 5 or whatever number of labors, in this instance ignore it and make him only a miner.

Also the reverse too, everyone gets x labor and it does not count towards the limit. i.e. everyone can feed patients and recover wounded. Less of a problem as it is easy to turn things on for everyone, but it also shouldn't be difficult to add.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 27, 2013, 05:49:55 pm »

I used to do a concept called coverage for that. But.... splinterz didnt like it nor was it as self explanatory as ratio.  U need to give higher ratios to those labors and maybe more jobs per dwarf.  It will accomplish constant production if done right.

Before, each labor would have an associated attention cost.  So no dwarf could have more than a sum of 1 attention cost in total labors assigned to him.

In your case, you would have had your brewer at 1 attention cost.

I changed the formula around so instead of assigning costs to each labor (and having to guess what each labor should be), it's setup using ratio's.  So you can kind of think.  Each labor would then have an attention cost of (Ratio of Labor / Sum (or is it average?) of Ratio's) * # of Labors to assign to each dwarf (or something to that affect).  If I have to, I'll look it up, but this has been discussed in the old DT thread quite extensively (or has it... it might just be emails).

The math came out the same.  It just ensures that you have proper "coverage" by ensuring you have a high enough ratio to ensure you have a dwarf always around to do that job.

The only other way around it, is to assign those labors exclusively and outside of the labor optimization plan (I've done this before for miner's).  Or, what else I've done, is deselect all miner's from hauling, where-as the rest of dwarf's would have it enabled (who also had labors).

What also works is using autolabor JUST FOR HAULING labors, and don't assign any hauling inside DT.

Anyways, this tool doesn't do what your seeking due to pain in the ass implementation of such methods, but trust me, Splinterz and I have gone over this, and I was pushing for what you wanted, and he was kind of wanting an exclusive labor concept, but we/he decided ratio's works just as well, and manual deslection of exclusive dwarf's is a good workaround (that's how I do my nobles/militia)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 06:45:43 pm by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 27, 2013, 06:49:11 pm »

Feature request:
Optimization Plan:
Average Ratio.  Useful for trying to figure out what we're comparing to?  Or maybe, what the result of current ratio / sum of all ratio's is.  Or maybe current ratio / sum of all ratio's?  I don't know.  I'm just thinking we're assuming 1 is a baseline, and if 1 isn't really the baseline for the rest of the ratio's, the average is off, and we lose track of what we're really comparing... it would mean a separate spreadsheet would be needed to keep track of what the average value is.

NM, looks like Worker count does just this (although, miner, woodcutter, hunter might confuse this a bit, but if user's look at the other labors, not really)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 06:51:17 pm by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 29, 2013, 10:25:25 pm »

btw, a redditor by the name of ResidentMario thought that roles mapped to custom professions would be useful, apparently he has a hauler role that maps strength, agility, and something else to hauling labors...

FYI, I think it would be a perfect time for roles to custom professions time!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 222