Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 72

Author Topic: The Market - Turn 21  (Read 80059 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 20
« Reply #990 on: April 29, 2013, 08:46:34 pm »

research primitive work tools (5 to 11/11*)

just waiting on the materials now.

give 1 wampoon, 1 delite to sjm9876.

We'd like to see the result, please.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 21
« Reply #991 on: April 29, 2013, 08:59:38 pm »

Food would be fine, although I could also use your +1/2 food researches to have surplus for domestication once we start hunting...
Really I'm trying to set myself up as the resident vet/domesticator/hunting assistant so as long as I can find people who need my services, I can always trade them for food and not keep a herd myself.
Alright.

If you'll include me the next round of teaching the +1/2 food researches I'll gladly teach you domestication.
I'd be game with that. Teaching next turn?
Probably teaching Companion Planting next turn.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 29, 2013, 09:19:32 pm »

Sure.  Turn updated.

What's the going rate for grafting once you next teach it?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 29, 2013, 09:23:28 pm »

Sure.  Turn updated.

What's the going rate for grafting once you next teach it?
I'll let you know when I teach it again. I'll probably wait for a couple more students.
Probably something like 1 food or some kind of tool or a promise of a tech I don't have yet.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I remember(19)
« Reply #994 on: April 29, 2013, 09:34:49 pm »

Code: (Character Sheet) [Select]
Player: RAM
Health: 10/10: -0
Happiness: 27/28: -1
Mortality: 5/10: -1

Trait: [b]Keen Eye[/b]: You are a much better explorer than others. You get to draw two exploration cards instead of one when exploring.

Conditions:Basic Hunger, Basic Dissatisfaction, Basic Recovery, Mortal.

Inventory:
1 Food: -1
Primitive Trinket
1 Food Shaped Charm from Griffionday(primitive trinket)

Holdings:
Plop of Empty Land (5/5 food capacity, +1 food per turn)
Plot of Empty Land (5/5 food capacity, +1 food per turn. May be exploited once per round.)
@Plot of Empty Land (5 food capacity, +1 food per turn. May be exploited once per round.)
1 Plot of Empty Land (5/5: +1)
~1 Plot of Irrigated Land (3/5: +1)
!Medium Delite Claim (80 Delite Capacity, 10% Delite Recovery).
Grebin Claim (20 Grebin Capacity)
Medium Tomatunk Claim (250 Tomatunk Capacity)

Knowledge:
Improved Farming Techniques

In Progress:+2 event, 20 research Crossbreeding.

(7*)Grow food~
(3 to 23/50) Research Crossbreeding
(2*)Learn Companion planting
(0)Give 1 food to GreatWyrmGold
(0)Loan !Delite claim to Unholy_Pariah for long enough to work it.
(0)Give Griffionday 1 @plot of empty land
(0)Tattle+1: No Entertainment to research.
(0)Tattle+1: The following entries seem to be missing from the first post
Code: (actions) [Select]
Hunting Trip (explore, cost: 4 time) - A rare collaborative effort, this allows a player to form or participate in a Hunting Party. To form a hunting party, declare your intent (you may only form one per turn). Others may then choose to join your hunting party (you may limit who joins). An initial, one person hunting party has a 5% chance to capture an animal. Every additional Hunting Trip action dedicated to this party, from any player, adds a 5% of success. Players with Keen Eyes add an additional 5% chance of success when they go on a Hunting Trip. If the hunting trip succeeds, a random animal will be pulled from the animal deck and granted to the player who lead the Hunting Party. Note that some animals are significantly rarer than others.
Butcher (labor, cost: 4+x time) - Turn a group of animals into food and other resources. The exact amount of time, and the amount of food or other resources produced, depends on the animal. Unless otherwise stated, a group of animals produces 1 food for the base time cost, by default.
Code: (actions with prerequisites) [Select]
Domesticate (care, cost: 10, requires Knowledge: Domestication) - Raise a group of animals such that they have a chance of becoming domesticated at the beginning of the next turn. Requires 1 food. Rate of success depends on the animal.
Code: (research) [Select]
Primitive Traps (cost: 15 time, 1 delite, produces a prototype) - Create a trap object to aid in hunting trips. May be used any number of times. Each player may only use one trap.
Improved Hunting Techniques (cost: 25 time) - Gain a bonus to success when hunting.
Animal Training (cost: 20) - Slightly increase chance of domesticating animals. More importantly, allow the training of work animals.
And the lack or required research may be an over-sight...
And for good measure I will be pasturising any wild animals that I end up with.

(0)do not yet return 1 Food Shaped Charm from Griffionday

P.S.
I would be interested in trading away two empty plots for an irrigated field.

P.P.S.
 Is happiness supposed to round up or down from bad Omens?

P.P.P.S.
 Griffionday, how about I give you two empty plots of land in exchange for the chuckplot?
 I am sort of strapped for actions at the moment, but it would be sad if you didn't get the firstborn chuckduck. I am happy for you have it, but some food would help the process.
 Do you want your trinket back?
 As for teaching domestication, it seems to me that only one person needs domestication, as its only real advantage is in letting you domesticate the critters after they are caught... But the more the merrier as far as knowledge goes I suppose...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:54:46 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 29, 2013, 09:40:58 pm »

Just thought of a question--is there any way to reduce maximum Happiness? And, if not, which technologies would help us research improved versions of Trinkets?
Sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 29, 2013, 09:42:48 pm »

I would guess that that is what entertainment was for...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 29, 2013, 09:55:44 pm »

RAM
The chuckduck can go on any empty plot from what I can tell, so I could just give you the chuckduck for an empty plot (and the negation of the food consumed during the research, just so we're clear on this).  Provided I get the first offspring of course.
If you'd hold onto the charm for a bit that would be great.

I'm guessing GWG wants the knowledge so he can offer classes in all subjects, as a teacher trope; much as I'm going for a vet trope.  Yes we're already trying to form a service economy.

Question: do newborn animals require domestication?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 29, 2013, 10:06:09 pm »

I'm guessing GWG wants the knowledge so he can offer classes in all subjects, as a teacher trope; much as I'm going for a vet trope.  Yes we're already trying to form a service economy.
Well, scientist/teacher, but yes. And yes, we are, but mostly because there's not a lot of goods available except food (which we can mostly make ourselves) and trinkets (which only one is ever needed).
Sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 29, 2013, 10:10:58 pm »

RAM
The chuckduck can go on any empty plot from what I can tell, so I could just give you the chuckduck for an empty plot (and the negation of the food consumed during the research, just so we're clear on this).  Provided I get the first offspring of course.
If you'd hold onto the charm for a bit that would be great.
Meh, it doesn't really matter, the duckies do nothing until they reproduce anyway but that sounds reasonable. Oh, but I may not be able to install them on a field, as I do not know domestication... I will go ahead and give you two fields though...
Read the First Post!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 16 (The End of the First Age of Man)
« Reply #1000 on: April 29, 2013, 10:21:12 pm »

Code: [Select]
Player:Unholy_Pariah
Health: 10/10
Happiness: 27/28

Trait: Hard Worker (-1 time for resource and labour actions)

Conditions:
Basic Hunger: Consume 1 "food" each turn or reduce your maximum health by one due to starvation.
Basic Dissatisfaction: Lose 1 happiness each turn fo delite extraction r every 10 points, rounded down, of maximum happiness.
Basic Recovery: Regain 1 lost hp, up to max, at the beginning of each turn
Mortality:every 10 turns, reduce max health by 1, 4/10

Inventory:
0 food
1 Primitive trinket (Stone Toaster Statue)
1 delite

Knowledge:
improved farming techniques
Delite extraction
Wampoon extraction

Property:
1 Plot of irrigated Land (3/5)
1 Plot of Empty Land (5/5)
1 Plot of Empty Land (5/5)

In Progress:
(3/6) grow food

(3 to 6/6*) grow food
(2*) learn companion planting.
(2*) learn make primitive tools /grow food empty plot 2/6
(5 to 5/7*) make tool set 1 or grow food 6/6 +harvest delite 1/7
(0) pay sjm

@GWG why are you teaching improved farming? Thats already gone through the zeitgeist.
What i wanted was the second tier, grafting and companion planting
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:33:50 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 29, 2013, 10:40:16 pm »

@GWG why are you teaching improved farming? Thats already gone through the zeitgeist.
What i wanted was the second tier, grafting and companion planting
Ah.
Companion Planting it is. Hey Griff, if you wanna learn Companion Planting I'm teaching it to you!
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 29, 2013, 10:45:55 pm »

Hey griffionday can i get in on that domestication class?
I can give you a food if you want.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 29, 2013, 11:02:17 pm »

I want to learn companion planting, for a food?
Read the First Post!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 29, 2013, 11:24:26 pm »

(0) Tattle on GlyphGryph: Domestication allows construction of a Pasture Improvement for Empty Plots according to OP.
Yeah, I decided require even MORE a time investment to convert things to pastures wasn't really needed. So now, simply pasturing an animal in an empty plot makes that plot a "pasture". You can't farm a pasture. Also, this is something everyone can do.

So, yeah, technically everyone has a Pasture improvement that you can set up or break down for 0 cost. :P
(Not compatible with irrigated fields!)

I'll probably update and clarify the OP tomorrow sometime. There are some more pasture-related techs involving better, more advanced pastures, but those are all locked at the moment. And only one of them requires domestication.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:35:04 pm by GlyphGryph »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 72