Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 72

Author Topic: The Market - Turn 21  (Read 80316 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 8 (Always accepting new players!)
« Reply #360 on: March 12, 2013, 09:32:48 pm »

so... Round 9... (work on irrigation, 10/15) you get one food, I get my trinket. Round 10 finish irigation works (15/15), round 11 Grow food, round 12 I fullfill the IOU.
There's a hole in your business plan: if you eat your 1 food now, and don't farm on turn 10, you will starve.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 12, 2013, 09:37:56 pm »

a1s, this will accelerate my delivery to you, because barring unforeseen incidents like one of you explorers finding Cthulhu, I should have irrigation up next turn.

Code: [Select]
Player: Toaster
Health: 10/10
Happiness: 7/10

Trait: Hard Worker: (-1 cost to Labor or Resource)

Conditions:
Basic Hunger, Basic Dissatisfaction, Basic Recovery

Inventory:
Primitive Trinket
2 Food

Holdings:
1 Plot of Empty Land (3/5 Food Capacity)

Knowledge:
Improved Farming Techniques
Irrigated Fields

In Progress:
Grow Food (2/6)

(4 to 6/6*) Grow Food
(6 to 6/14) Irrigate Plot of Empty Land
Gift 1 Food to GreatWyrmGold
Tattle
on myself:  That last asterisk shouldn't be there.

Also, I assume that the trinket given to me last turn won't give me a happiness point until the end of this turn?  Ditto that irrigation finished next turn won't benefit me until the turn after?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:05:59 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: The Market
« Reply #362 on: March 12, 2013, 09:42:02 pm »

Code: (stat sheet) [Select]
Player:Unholy_Pariah
Health: 9/9
Happiness: 7/10

Trait: Hard Worker (-1 time for resource and labour actions)

Conditions:
Basic Hunger: Consume 1 "food" each turn or reduce your maximum health by one due to starvation.
Basic Dissatisfaction: Lose 1 happiness each turn for every 10 points, rounded down, of maximum happiness.
Basic Recovery: Regain 1 lost hp, up to max, at the beginning of each turn

Inventory:
0 food
1 Primitive trinket (Stone Toaster Statue)

Knowledge:
Improved farming techniques (Reduces the cost of Grow Food by 1.)
Irrigation (increase amount of food produced by grow food actions by 1.)

Property:
1 Plot of Empty Land (5/5)
1 Plot of Empty Land (5/5)
Tasks:

(3 to 11/14) irrigate field plot 1
(6*) grow food plot 1
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:25:42 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 12, 2013, 09:48:05 pm »

Tattle on GM food obsolete
alternatively add "and current health" to Basic Hunger.
Also increment thread title to "turn 9"
tattle on Unholy_Pariah for not having learned irrigation despite being taught it and attending the lessons. also being too happy should be "Happiness: 7/10" (withdrawn)

remind everyone to add 'basic recovery' to their characters.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:48:27 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 12, 2013, 09:54:41 pm »

Also, I assume that the trinket given to me last turn won't give me a happiness point until the end of this turn?  Ditto that irrigation finished next turn won't benefit me until the turn after?

Exchanging items with other players can be done instantly. So yes, the trinket would give you happiness. Finishing tasks however, takes place between rounds. (So if you were being given an item being finished that turn, it wouldn't)

Tattle on GM food obsolete, recommend adding " if you have eaten this turn" to recovery
I don't understand this.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:56:15 pm by GlyphGryph »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 12, 2013, 09:58:04 pm »

Tattle on GM food obsolete, recommend adding " if you have eaten this turn" to recovery
I don't understand this.
A person who is at 7/10 and starving would start the next turn 8/9- seemingly healthier than he was before.

tattle on Unholy_Pariah: he is too healthy: since Toaster hasn't given food to GWG, the food must have come from UP, in which case he should have starved.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:12:43 pm by a1s »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 12, 2013, 10:03:26 pm »

That's fine. Recovering from injuries counterbalances malnutrition in the short term.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 12, 2013, 10:16:01 pm »

Exchanging items with other players can be done instantly. So yes, the trinket would give you happiness. Finishing tasks however, takes place between rounds. (So if you were being given an item being finished that turn, it wouldn't)
So it seems the trinket I promised can only be delivered on turn 10, Talvara, but I need the food this turn. Do we still have a deal?

tattle on Toaster: he should have 2 food, not 1 (even if he intended to give it to GWG, which he didn't specify, we have established that he couldn't have).
And with this, my audit is complete and I'm going to bed.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:22:05 pm by a1s »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 12, 2013, 10:24:30 pm »

That seems to be correct. I'll have to review, though.

Toaster, UP, care to explain what's going on?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 12, 2013, 10:27:37 pm »

Tattle on GM food obsolete
alternatively add "and current health" to Basic Hunger.
Also increment thread title to "turn 9"
tattle on Unholy_Pariah for not having learned irrigation despite being taught it and attending the lessons. also being too happy should be "Happiness: 7/10"

remind everyone to add 'basic recovery' to their characters.

tattle on a1s smoking crack
Rekax + trinket keeps me happy at 8, i dont need your crack
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 12, 2013, 10:37:59 pm »

It was toasters turn to feed GWG as per our research arrangement and he was the one with spare food so lets just say he fed GWG and we can completely ignore the mess a1s has created with his many tattles.

I for one cant be bothered sifting through it.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 12, 2013, 10:40:41 pm »

It was toasters turn to feed GWG as per our research arrangement and he was the one with spare food so lets just say he fed GWG and we can completely ignore the mess a1s has created with his many tattles.
Except he didn't have any food. It was physically impossible for him to feed GWG.
Code: [Select]
Inventory:
Nothing!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:43:59 pm by a1s »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 12, 2013, 10:42:03 pm »

What happened to his bounty harvest?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 12, 2013, 10:45:34 pm »

What happened to his bounty harvest?
Assuming you don't mean this turn's harvest (which I already reported), I don't know- I didn't look that far.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 12, 2013, 10:47:27 pm »

tattle on a1s smoking crack
Rekax + trinket keeps me happy at 8, i dont need your crack
You didn't actually relax, but alright- tattle withdrawn.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 72