Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38

Author Topic: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Vengeance (SCUM VICTORY)  (Read 85618 times)

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 2: Dead Healer
« Reply #435 on: March 20, 2013, 04:56:10 pm »

Just to clarify, my case on NQT doesn't make him scum. It just makes his lynch-vote on Flying Dice not point to him being town. Basically, his hand was forced when it came to him making a vote. Just to forestall another argument that might occur, I'll say I don't think a scum NQT would have not voted to make a no-lynch. He would have probably been too nervous that somebody would see he had been online then and asked him why he didn't break the tie.

Spaghetti:
I read through your Day 2 activities because I felt like I hadn't given you much attention. From them, I got a distinct Town read. And then Tiruin ninja'd to steal my question for you, so... It seems like you want consensus on who we want to lynch as much as I do. My feelings on it are that we should get everyone's opinions on who we want to lynch so we can organize something to avoid vote shenanigans/ties. Is this your opinion too?

Also, in answer to your question, I also think we should lynch IronyOwl, and if not, then NQT. Shakerag/Tiruin would be my third scumpick, but it wouldn't be fair to lynch her so soon after she replaced in.

Tiruin:
For an abbreviation of my name, I'd prefer just "Sheep", but anything's fine with me.

I thought I was voting IronyOwl. Do extensions reset the votecount or something?

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding your question. For the first part, I'm not sure if you mean my gut feeling when I read their post, or the emotion that they are conveying. For my gut feeling, I think it's more important. After all, anyone can change the wording of their posts. For their emotion, well, I guess that's more important too.
For the second part, do you mean a pressure vote should always be applied, or that we should always look at their votes? I don't think pressure votes are that crucial, but votes are always a good thing to take into account. I don't think we should rely too heavily on them, though.

Tiruin: Do you want an extend?
Anyway, I'd rather be against the extend unless you all have made up your minds, or are very muchly sure about your target.
OK good. I don't really want this game to take forever. Oppose extension. I won't hesitate to retract it if I feel that we need more time, though.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 20, 2013, 05:11:40 pm »

[...] it wouldn't be fair to lynch her so soon after she replaced in.
{I think it would - that vote would carry on as you are suspecting Shakerag, I'm just filling in his man-sized boots at the moment :P

I mean, unless your vote was solely due to what you see in the person's wording; ie, not that sure of being scum, then it matters.}

I thought I was voting IronyOwl. Do extensions reset the votecount or something?
They don't.
I'm basing it on the latest votecount by DS, where it says you and two other people haven't voted yet.

Mod: Votecount? And please put votecounts along with messages from here on thanks!

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding your question. For the first part, I'm not sure if you mean my gut feeling when I read their post, or the emotion that they are conveying. For my gut feeling, I think it's more important. After all, anyone can change the wording of their posts. For their emotion, well, I guess that's more important too.
For the second part, do you mean a pressure vote should always be applied, or that we should always look at their votes? I don't think pressure votes are that crucial, but votes are always a good thing to take into account. I don't think we should rely too heavily on them, though.
That was me asking you from all directions, and you right here answering them all. Nicely done.

PFP

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 20, 2013, 05:21:04 pm »

Sorry, no quotes, about to go to bed.
Tiruin, I would be most inclined to vote Irony right now, followed by NQT. Both seem dodgy, but The vote patterns I layed out after the lunch seemed to be more in NQT's favour, so I'll follow those before I follow NQT's interesting friend making strategy.

PFP
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 20, 2013, 05:28:11 pm »

Ahh. Just to put down the idea - the extend is in your hands everyone, this is just me placing this just in case y'all feel like you need more time debating the lynch.

Extend.

And because of natural sleepy needs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 20, 2013, 05:45:19 pm »

Votecount incoming.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 20, 2013, 05:45:49 pm »

Unvote and Vote IronyOwl

I also have my natural sleepy needs, and I'll have to lay down an extend. However, If you want to go ahead, do.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 20, 2013, 05:53:44 pm »

TheWetSheep(0):
Onyxjew994(0):
Quadressence(1):IronyOwl
notquitethere(0):
Sphagetti7(0):
Tiruin(0):
IronyOwl(4):notquitethere, Quadressence, TheWetSheep, Sphagetti7

Not Voting: Onyxjew994, Tiruin

1 votes for extension. 2 needed (2 for, 1 against).

Day ends today at 22:00 BRT (if you ever want to know/forget what BRT is, check the OP (the very last line, to be specific))
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Quadressence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 20, 2013, 06:07:00 pm »

Yay, I'm back after a grueling day of nothingness and solidarity. I don't actually enjoy that IronyOwl's being voted by Spaghetti7, since his case is terrible, and I am actually wanting Onyxjew to post more. He does nothing. We'd be better off lynching him than IronyOwl, who may be scummy, but is much more active.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 20, 2013, 06:25:42 pm »

This is the reason I don't want to extend. Everybody already has their reasons for voting, but since the day has dragged on so long, nobody remembers them, and nothing is really getting done. I keep having to go back to the past to get information on people, because nothing is being put out now.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 20, 2013, 06:27:32 pm »

I've reached an ultimatum. I hate to say this, but considering almost all of us agree Quad is either brilliant scum, or just being a special snowflake and as per Occam's Razor, special snowflake is more likely. I think an unorthodox resolution is fitting for an unorthodox player. I seem to be incapable of restraining myself from ad hom and general Nerd Raeg when talking to her, I think I can safely say I have no reason to do so.

To restate my meaning from above.

I'm not going to respond or in any way communicate with Quad unless it seems necessary or productive. Which means not now.

If anyone has a complaint about this, I'm willing to defend it as logically as I can. I am also willing to surrender it if good enough reasons are given. Direct questions from Quad will be answered with at least some composure. I do honestly regret that original post and I am sorry. Note, this apology is to the board, not you specifically.

I normally quote when I answer a question, but I think three separate people either directly asked for my leads or implied I should give them, so just look under the bolded heading for your answer.

Leads, Reads, and Dead Ends

I was trying to give these earlier when I started in on the Quad fiasco, but I ended up with a hatespeech for Quad and a
Irony, damn. I really want to find someone to pick on besides Quad, and something tells me there's something I could pick at within your posts, but I just can't find it. Curse you noob juices!
for Irony. Now, with little to go on. I think I'll start inspecting TheWetSheep. Mainly because so far everyone seems dead-set on the IC's. So if one of them is scum then I think it's safe to say they'll get caught. While Sheep could go unnoticed for just long enough. I'm saying this before doing any of the digging, so I could just be wrong. Checking below in the other bolded tab.

NQT and Irony seem well-covered and I personally have no quarrel or overt suspicion of them... yet. So I'll leave that to Sheep and Quad as they seem perfectly capable of handling that case for now. The Town, and by extension I, lost the last BM because the entire Town band-wagoned one person at a time as dictated by the few skilled hunters, and we ended up losing the true scum in the tide. I'm taking the opportunity to watch the watchers, so to speak.

Quad, as previously stated, I think she's Town. Personal differences aside, she is either brilliant scum or a... eh... very special breed of Town.

Shakerag er, Tiruin is now fresh-blood and I'll give him a chance to settle in before I begin poking around with him. Shakerag was another who didn't seem to get enough attention in my eyes.

*Everything past this point is actually editted and done after I've done a bit of reading or digging. Everything above is simply opinions and is built on little to no evidence beyond my own memory.*

Examinations

Sheep

Actually, I have nothing. Again. You seem to be genuinely hunting avidly and with good reasons. Ah, just as well. It was worth a backwards glance.

Replacement target because that was so very unrewarding

NQT

You're likely to be the next target of the lynch mob if public opinion and multiple statements to that effect are any indication. Do you have anything to say about that?

Also, I checked the last few pages, Where are you? Despite being public enemy number two, you haven't actually posted much recently.

Tiruin, hello and welcome back. It was fun last time, and the gang was almost back together. If only Ford hadn't died, we could have had a completely off topic war story. Ah, just as well.
NQT/Onyxjew: Hai. Nice to see you fair fellows again. Question for both of you:

> In scumhunting in this particular thread, do you believe that you should point out every detail of your target's post in trying to catch them, or work on their more prominent points and discard the small quirks? And why?
Personally I would say focus on the details. Scum generally aren't sloppy enough to fail so completely as to have a broad and sweeping point that shows scumminess. In fact, that is exactly why I don't suspect Quad. The details are where mistakes lie, though some seemingly inconsequential things like question-dodging, lurking, or poor decisions can show their faces as scummy, I do tend toward analysis and careful combing for minutia. Actually, in retrospect, minute details are easier to deny or just claim it was a careless mistake.

Huh, I actually don't have a very solid decision on that question. Good one, that.

Scumpick? IronyOwl. I read through the reasons, and I feel they are good enough for this lynch. Besides, my vote doesn't exactly carry much weight when the Town has such a nice consensus, does it?

^Weak reasons? Why, yes. But my vote carries no point or weight beyond some arbitrary ceremonial point. The die have been rolled, the mob formed, and the gallows built. The democracy demands Irony's blood and I have no ability to deny it. So why try?
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 20, 2013, 06:36:50 pm »

(Sorry for dropping off the map guys- I wasn't working before this week and now I have very little free time.)

I really wanted to do some more solid analysis and reply to everyone before day's end but I'll not be able to. I'll be kicking myself if Owl is guilty but we let him slip away after so much suspicion. For the arguments I've already given my vote stays. I wanted this day to end with his lynch last week. Oppose Extension, let's nail this.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 20, 2013, 06:57:08 pm »

Oh, and Oppose Extension. Let's enjoy the consensus while we have it, and, who knows, we might just finish this game on day two, month two.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Quadressence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 20, 2013, 07:00:25 pm »

Onyx, you left out Spaghetti.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 20, 2013, 07:22:20 pm »

Onyx, you left out Spaghetti.
Convenient and, in a slightly cosmic way, that is kind of my read. </bad explanation>

True. I did completely forget.

Spaghetti, you've not really made an impression on me. Though I can't be too harsh on your lack of activity as I still had my little false start near the beginning of this thread. You went with the crowd on Irony, again, something I also did, but what piques my interest is the lack of any explanation. It's not too suspicious alone, but when you look at the full picture of what we can see of you, it gets a bit more incriminating. We have lurking followed by a band-wagon vote without reason, not exactly in your favor.

Note, this is all knee-jerk reaction. Checking back to within the five-page mark, my definition of recent events, Spaghetti was questioning Quad on her reads. Basically what everyone was doing, if I remember correctly. Not exactly a good sign in my expertise. At that point he faded away, with reasons, and came back with these short bursts just in time to help end Irony. Admittedly, this is not looking good.

Overall Suspicious, and definitely going to look further into this when he/she gets back on with more posts.

Spaghetti, what do you have to say about these opinions? Any commments, concerns, corrections?

Oh, and thank you Quad. My scum-dar completely missed that until you prompted the check. At the very least it gave me something to do on the next day should Irony prove to be less than we hope he is.
Greater Collection

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 20, 2013, 07:49:03 pm »

Great, we've come to a consensus. Except for one very small problem:

Everyone's cases on me suck.

NotQuiteThere wants me lynched based on rampant and disproven WIFOM, and has once again shortened despite having numerous unanswered questions.

Quadressence wants me lynched based primarily on NQT's case, which she's not backed up any better than he has, and like NQT, still has a mountain of questions to answer. Unlike NQT, of course, she's voting to extend and seems to be implying being busy.

TheWetSheep wants me dead because I voted Quad. That's literally it. He's also shortening on this brilliant deduction.

Spaghetti doesn't even have a case, or if he does it's not one he has time to explain. He is also extending and claiming need for sleep, however.

Onyx has no reasons whatsoever except that he might as well bandwagon, his only justification apparently being a 180 from "I don't have any overt suspicion of IronyOwl" to "I've reread and everyone else's case seems good so let's go with that, which sucks but all the cool kids are doing it anyway." Like NQT and TheSheep, he's also opposing any extensions with that magnificent case in place.

tl;dr you all suck, and I probably should have spent less time fiddling with Quad and more time encouraging everyone else to actually scumhunt. I realized this was an issue later in the day, but never got around to fixing it. Best do better tomorrow.

I'll also keep individual responses short, but you might want to consider insisting on anyone with unanswered questions from me responding to them.

Quadressence:
Let's not even forget that I also didn't refuse to give any reads, either.
Straight-up lying is probably one of the worst scumtells there is.
-responding with quotes-

This was far more entertaining than it looks.
That's cute, but this means when you said "I wasn't refusing to give any reads" you literally mean you weren't refusing to give more than 0 reads. Why was this one of the most pressing things for you to respond to, rather than, say, me calling you a liar or pointing out that you're stonewalling scum?

Onyx:
In other news, I'm lost with these allusions to Org and Dariush. I take it they're common patrons of the other parts of the Mafia board?
Dariush is a player known for his RAAAAAAGING at various things, most notably newbies. Org is (was? haven't seen him in a while) a player with a very unique playstyle, mostly consisting of being as intentionally curt and unreadable as possible.

Scumpick? IronyOwl. I read through the reasons, and I feel they are good enough for this lynch. Besides, my vote doesn't exactly carry much weight when the Town has such a nice consensus, does it?

^Weak reasons? Why, yes. But my vote carries no point or weight beyond some arbitrary ceremonial point. The die have been rolled, the mob formed, and the gallows built. The democracy demands Irony's blood and I have no ability to deny it. So why try?
This is a lazy, scummy bandwagon. At the very least, you should explain why or which reasons seem good enough.

Perhaps more importantly though, you don't sound terribly convinced, yet you're voting me as your top suspect. What does this say about your reads in general, that even you admit your top, willing-to-shorten-to-lynch-this-scumbag suspect is a shitty, vague, bandwagony copy of everyone else?

Spaghetti:
Unvote and Vote IronyOwl

I also have my natural sleepy needs, and I'll have to lay down an extend. However, If you want to go ahead, do.
Why is it you've never actually explained your current case, despite being asked to do so? I can understand being busy to a point, but it was two days ago that you gave this quick blurb and haven't done anything, not even answer questions or explain your vote, since.

For that matter, your last scumhunting was... well, technically still two days ago, since weekends don't count, but it was chronologically prior to that and nothing appeared to come of it. Why?

Sheep:

OK good. I don't really want this game to take forever. Oppose extension. I won't hesitate to retract it if I feel that we need more time, though.
How can you not feel you need more time if you've done zero scumhunting on your primary suspect?

NotQuiteThere:
(Sorry for dropping off the map guys- I wasn't working before this week and now I have very little free time.)

I really wanted to do some more solid analysis and reply to everyone before day's end but I'll not be able to. I'll be kicking myself if Owl is guilty but we let him slip away after so much suspicion. For the arguments I've already given my vote stays. I wanted this day to end with his lynch last week. Oppose Extension, let's nail this.
So you haven't had time to properly play the game, so you're going to hurry the game along because it's taking too long?

You guys are gonna be reeeeaaaaaal busy tomorrow.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38