Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1744319 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #19770 on: September 02, 2015, 04:59:25 pm »

On the other hand, at least the Whittle building only destroys the ambiance and skyline, rather than destroying cars half a block away:P
(I know it's linked in the article, but it's still funny.)

Personally I think melting the jag of a douche is a public service.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19771 on: September 02, 2015, 05:04:01 pm »

I'm skeptical about a lot of ugly buildings and the glass-and-steel takeover of city centres isn't anything to be celebrated... but if there has to be skyscrapers, I want them to have funky shapes like the Walkie Talkie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19772 on: September 02, 2015, 05:04:57 pm »

Being stuck in a train for fourteen hours without food and presumably water seems pretty bad, imo.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19773 on: September 02, 2015, 05:34:25 pm »

Being stuck in a train for fourteen hours without food and presumably water seems pretty bad, imo.
And, IIRC, light. And air-conditioning. There allegedly were attempts to break the windows from within.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19774 on: September 02, 2015, 08:14:09 pm »

In the new defense doctrine, officially approved yesterday by the Ukrainian national security council, Ukraine will consider Russia as "an enemy". As such, the defense department will be asked to supply nescessary reinforcements to the southern and eastern borders.

President Porosjenko commented that "in the new defense doctrine, we will regard Russia as a military opponent".
In june, Porosjenko already warned the Ukrainian armed forces to be prepared for a full Russian invasion.
He estimates that 9000 Russian soldiers are already operating in the areas held by rebel forces.

The new doctrine also recommends applying for NATO membership.

Analist think that this fierce language in the doctrine might be an attempt by Porosjenko to get more political support.
He is being critisized for his plan to give more power to the regional councils, including those in the dissident east.
Opponents of this decentralization say that with it, Kiev will de facto give up it's control over the rebel controlled east of the country.

As it stands now, Porosjenko is far away from attaining the two thirds majority vote that is required for the plan to be accepted.

source: http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/oekraine-beschouwt-rusland-officieel-als-vijand~a4134439/
(Dutch newspaper)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19775 on: September 02, 2015, 10:04:09 pm »

I don't think NATO would want to let in a country that is in the middle of a conflict with Russia, besides, if they did enter NATO while the conflict is going on, it would immediately activate articles 4, 5, and 6.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19776 on: September 02, 2015, 10:55:07 pm »

I don't think NATO would want to let in a country that is in the middle of a conflict with Russia, besides, if they did enter NATO while the conflict is going on, it would immediately activate articles 4, 5, and 6.

Real life isn't like a video game with defined triggers leading to wars.  It's not like they say "oh technically the mutual defense provisions are activated, launch the missiles!"  They would hash out all the details ahead of time and negotiate so a war wouldn't be needed.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19777 on: September 03, 2015, 12:23:25 am »

The same architect also designed tge far more effective death ray at the vdara hotel in Las Vegas. This 'solar convergence' as managers call it causes a 10x 15 foot hot spot that crawls across the pool deck during the hours surrounding midday. People caught in the beam describe a sensation alike severe chemic burns, and report melted cups, newspaper bags, umbrellas and deck chairs.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19778 on: September 03, 2015, 12:27:28 am »

at that point you have to ask if they're incompetent or just hate everything humanity stands for

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19779 on: September 03, 2015, 12:33:21 am »

They've just stopped worrying and learned to love the laser beam, LSp. Entirely competent and lovers of humanity, just a little too fond of death rays and the sharing thereof. Maybe a little scatterbrained and not quiet cognizant that all of the fun of death beams comes from being on the projecting rather than receiving end.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19780 on: September 03, 2015, 12:36:22 am »

He's from Uruguay, I think kids there just like burning ants with a magnifying glass for fun.
Then again, maybe he's just testing for the giant death ray he plans on pointing at Argentina.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 12:45:39 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19781 on: September 03, 2015, 02:10:57 am »

Another thing to not is that Ukraine is supposed to be repaying Russian 3 billions USD in a couple months. I wonder what will happen to that.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19782 on: September 03, 2015, 06:47:16 am »

And, IIRC, light. And air-conditioning. There allegedly were attempts to break the windows from within.
Oh right, yeah that does sound shit. A bit like being buried in a coffin.

He's from Uruguay, I think kids there just like burning ants with a magnifying glass for fun.
Then again, maybe he's just testing for the giant death ray he plans on pointing at Argentina.
Whilst looking up the Archimedes death ray I found this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ARCHIMEDES ALIV N MAK DETH RAY FOR MALVINAS

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19783 on: September 03, 2015, 08:01:18 am »

Another thing to not is that Ukraine is supposed to be repaying Russian 3 billions USD in a couple months. I wonder what will happen to that.

as if ukraine will pay the russians for anything

it was all too common for them to derp out on gas payments even before they stopped being a full-on russian puppet

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19784 on: September 03, 2015, 09:07:22 am »

Oh right, yeah that does sound shit. A bit like being buried in a coffin.

Whilst looking up the Archimedes death ray I found this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ARCHIMEDES ALIV N MAK DETH RAY FOR MALVINAS
And going by the Happy Thread, PLOT TWIST, ARCHIMEDES IS ALSO A VAMPIRE JESUS.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 ... 1393