Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1316 1317 [1318] 1319 1320 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1744301 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #19755 on: August 31, 2015, 08:27:18 am »

Ukraine Kiev protest blast wounds 100 police after MPs vote
It is what happens when far right morons get access to hand grenades.

I'd love to say that it is Russian provocation and stuff but I know enough degenerates who could do that.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19756 on: September 02, 2015, 01:21:27 pm »

To harken back to Europol architecture: Walkie Talkie worst building ever SUCK IT POSTMODERNISTS
Also point of information in regards to one of the runner ups in the article, fag butt is in fact reference to cigarette butts, not the other one

Also some bloke may have caused one of the deadliest Parisian fires in a decade for reasons unknown, police found him near the scene of a crime with a candle and a lighter in his hands. Now, I'm not saying that's automatic guilt, but I wouldn't let a man walk away without scrutiny if I saw him holding a bloody shovel and a knife at the scene of a murder. It took 100 firefighters to kill the fire.

Also more Calais bants:
Eurostar passengers described a "horrendous" and "appalling" experience trapped on a train for up to 14 hours with migrants "knocking on the windows".
I don't know why they're complaining that doesn't sound too bad at all.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19757 on: September 02, 2015, 01:44:09 pm »

To harken back to Europol architecture: Walkie Talkie worst building ever SUCK IT POSTMODERNISTS
Also point of information in regards to one of the runner ups in the article, fag butt is in fact reference to cigarette butts, not the other one
I didn't notice that before clicking on the article, so I had a '...wait, what?' moment there.

Honestly, while the Walkie-Talkie looks like it's housing a spacetime rift, it's by far not the worst-looking building ever.

A quick wiki-walk shows only buildings completed in the last 12 months are eligible, so there's that, but even still, the Whittle building is far more sensibility-offending for me - it looks extremely kitschy and gives a vibe of the architect going '...and glue some gothic architecture shit onnit'.

That's even without mentioning that if you try for gothic revival and you install completely semicircular fucking archtops, you should sit down and seriously rethink your design career life.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19758 on: September 02, 2015, 01:48:41 pm »

On the other hand, at least the Whittle building only destroys the ambiance and skyline, rather than destroying cars half a block away:P
(I know it's linked in the article, but it's still funny.)

EDIT: Actually, I don't think the Whittle building is that bad, assuming that's the one you're talking about and not the one in Knoxville.  It's definitely a bit tacky, but tacky is a dime a dozen.  I've seen much worse.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 01:51:54 pm by Culise »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19759 on: September 02, 2015, 01:52:10 pm »

On the other hand, at least the Whittle building only destroys the ambiance and skyline, rather than destroying cars half a block away:P
No, see, it's Britain's seekrit superweapon against an Argentinian invasion. Unless they invade using heavily armored ambience, of course, that's what Whittle is for.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19760 on: September 02, 2015, 01:54:15 pm »

EDIT: Actually, I don't think the Whittle building is that bad, assuming that's the one you're talking about and not the one in Knoxville.  It's definitely a bit tacky, but tacky is a dime a dozen.  I've seen much worse.
Yeah, having a laser tower is actually pretty awesome.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19761 on: September 02, 2015, 02:20:18 pm »

Yeah, having a laser tower is actually pretty awesome.
But it's not a laser! It's a (vaguely) elliptic/parabolic mirror, not a laser!
._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19762 on: September 02, 2015, 02:36:47 pm »

Heat based death rays fall comfortably under the Tao of Laser Beams, serg. Most straight-line directed energy weapons do, really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19763 on: September 02, 2015, 02:39:50 pm »

Not on my watch!
._.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19764 on: September 02, 2015, 02:46:29 pm »

Bah, the fact that it doesn't actually generate a laser doesn't mean that I won't call it a laser tower.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19765 on: September 02, 2015, 03:06:30 pm »

We already have a laser tower
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm not too fond of it either

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19766 on: September 02, 2015, 03:59:44 pm »

Also more Calais bants:
Eurostar passengers described a "horrendous" and "appalling" experience trapped on a train for up to 14 hours with migrants "knocking on the windows".

Maybe it's time for a train version of the 'airline passengers bill of rights' thing we have here in the US?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19767 on: September 02, 2015, 04:16:25 pm »

Walkie Talkie is actually the Queens secret superweapon.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19768 on: September 02, 2015, 04:19:47 pm »

Also more Calais bants:
Nadine Hickey, who was with her two young children after a visit to Disneyland Paris, said the experience was "one of the worst" of her life.
Wow, that is one lucky gal.

Sure, it's a bad experience, but somehow the perspective here seems a bit out of whack.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19769 on: September 02, 2015, 04:57:13 pm »

Also more Calais bants:

Maybe it's time for a train version of the 'airline passengers bill of rights' thing we have here in the US?
How would you enforce that with the migrants, though?  I'm pretty sure that if they cared about the trains as more than a vehicle for their own grievances (without any valuation being placed on the legitimacy of said grievances), they wouldn't be blocking railings, knocking on or smashing windows, or strolling along the roofs of the trains in either case. 
Pages: 1 ... 1316 1317 [1318] 1319 1320 ... 1393