Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1141 1142 [1143] 1144 1145 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1748514 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #17130 on: June 02, 2015, 09:40:36 am »

Okay folks, as amusing as it might be, let's stop poking the vodka-soaked bear.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17131 on: June 02, 2015, 09:43:42 am »

Less poking, more utilizing the 40% alcohol in that vodka!

* Helgoland whips out a lighter
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17132 on: June 02, 2015, 09:47:54 am »

Less poking, more utilizing the 40% alcohol in that vodka!

* Helgoland whips out a lighter
But what if bear breathes vodka-infused air at you a la fakirs?
._.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17133 on: June 02, 2015, 09:55:45 am »

Man, stop whipping out flaming implements in public. Standards, man!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17134 on: June 02, 2015, 09:56:29 am »

« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 09:58:51 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17135 on: June 02, 2015, 10:07:32 am »

I've always been secretly sad the forum doesn't have a cabal of tight-knight conspiracy theorist Randroids, every other community seems to.
This.

We keep poking our friendly putinbots out of sheer boredom, since there are no true-blue wingnuts around. What we need is a bunch of Conservative supervillains to keep our Liberal superpowers in shape. Should we go over to Reddit and recruit some? 

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17136 on: June 02, 2015, 10:16:03 am »

Pfft, as if King Football would allow his reign to be impeded by some Slavs killing each other. If that boycot is joined by the Central European states, you can have the bottle of beer GJ still owes me.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17137 on: June 02, 2015, 10:19:08 am »

Pfft, as if King Football would allow his reign to be impeded by some Slavs killing each other. If that boycot is joined by the Central European states, you can have the bottle of beer GJ still owes me.

"King Football"? You mean FIFA?

Or are you referring to Germany?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17138 on: June 02, 2015, 10:19:41 am »

I've always been secretly sad the forum doesn't have a cabal of tight-knight conspiracy theorist Randroids, every other community seems to.
This.

We keep poking our friendly putinbots out of sheer boredom, since there are no true-blue wingnuts around. What we need is a bunch of Conservative supervillains to keep our Liberal superpowers in shape. Should we go over to Reddit and recruit some? 
I usually visit Spacebattles to receive my daily portion of crazy Conservative madness. I'm very sure that Bay12 doesn't need those, because, unlike Bay12, SB.com has multiple moderators, and thus can allow for more madness without it overcoming the forum.
._.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17139 on: June 02, 2015, 10:21:11 am »

I'm rightwing/conservative :v! Except I'm kinda reasonable, maybe (I hope?). And I'm not american/brittish so I might not fit in whatever concept of rightwingness most people adopt, anyway. I for one hope the slavs dont kill eachother (any more then they currently do, anyway), and that the whole west/east polarization doesnt create any more conflict, even though north amurica is becoming more lefty and the putinland is becoming more geopolitically hungry/scarier/drunker.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17140 on: June 02, 2015, 10:23:48 am »

This.

I usually visit Spacebattles to receive my daily portion of crazy Conservative madness. I'm very sure that Bay12 doesn't need those, because, unlike Bay12, SB.com has multiple moderators, and thus can allow for more madness without it overcoming the forum.
Oh don't tempt me, I know how closely the lizard people watch this thread.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17141 on: June 02, 2015, 10:28:19 am »

I'm rightwing/conservative :v! Except I'm kinda reasonable, maybe (I hope?). And I'm not american/brittish so I might not fit in whatever concept of rightwingness most people adopt, anyway. I for one hope the slavs dont kill eachother (any more then they currently do, anyway), and that the whole west/east polarization doesnt create any more conflict, even though north amurica is becoming more lefty and the putinland is becoming more geopolitically hungry/scarier/drunker.
Dito. Except for the last sentencce, maybe.
"King Football"? You mean FIFA?

Or are you referring to Germany?
Isn't "King Football" an expression in America/UK as well? It refers to the sport itself - it is so important to society and the economy that you can't go against it. It rules surpreme. Offensively disliking football is one of the requirements of being a truly edgy wannabe intellectual, that's how popular it is. Beer and Football pretty much is our version of Bread and Games.
The Bay12 postcard club

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17142 on: June 02, 2015, 10:31:05 am »

At least I'm as right wing as one person can be by not taking huffington post/jezebel articles seriously. Meaning I'm probably hitler in perez hilton's eyes >:v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17143 on: June 02, 2015, 10:31:40 am »

This.

I'm joking, of course. The problem is that at least 100% of vocal internet "conservatives" are cranks, and arguing with cranks is like cutting water with a knife.
Although preaching to the choir gets boring after a while, I do think that we're better-off without superpowered wingnuts. After all, there's no shortage of them outside our quiet corner of the internet.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17144 on: June 02, 2015, 10:40:49 am »

I'm joking, of course. The problem is that at least 100% of vocal internet "conservatives" are cranks, and arguing with cranks is like cutting water with a knife.

This, pretty much. It seems the majority of vocal right wing/conservative people on the internet tend to be conservatopedia editors, plus the more insane left wing people tend to have a stronger hold on teenagers and certain popular places on the internet (looking at you, tumblr).

Not that I dont have rather colourful internet acquaintances myself, though, going from a swedish transwoman who was once member of a marxist party to a brittish skinhead who loves Oswald Spengler :v
Pages: 1 ... 1141 1142 [1143] 1144 1145 ... 1393