Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1751165 times)

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #15735 on: April 03, 2015, 08:40:53 am »

Crimean War 2: Electric Boogaloo?
Let's see whether Western media will finally stop presenting Erdogan and Putin as fellow members of a unified anti-democratic front. 

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15736 on: April 03, 2015, 09:53:09 am »

Crimean War 2: Electric Boogaloo?
Let's see whether Western media will finally stop presenting Erdogan and Putin as fellow members of a unified anti-democratic front.
Now with more ruins and burned out foundations.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15737 on: April 03, 2015, 10:11:59 am »

I doubt that Turkey has the military strength to pull off an annexation of Crimea, not against Russia at any rate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVJA89XBQ_4
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15738 on: April 03, 2015, 11:35:16 am »

I doubt that Turkey has the military strength to pull off an annexation of Crimea, not against Russia at any rate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVJA89XBQ_4

I don't get it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15739 on: April 03, 2015, 12:01:10 pm »

Summing up: They won't.

In fact, considering Erdogan's latest leanings I almost expect him to say that everything in Crimea is going awesome.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15740 on: April 05, 2015, 04:36:07 am »

« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 04:54:26 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15741 on: April 05, 2015, 05:03:39 am »

I thought I posted this earlier but it seems I timed out. A few days ago reports emerged that Milipede had his face punched in when he went down to Bermondsey: Milipede's face remains unpunched. It was just banter.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15742 on: April 05, 2015, 05:48:24 am »

Russian news website Lenta.ru claims that the Ukrainian government is preparing to officially outlaw communism and communist parties in Ukraine, citing Ukrainian news website UNN.
(Russian and Ukrainian links only, I couldn't find English-language sources for this)

I highly doubt that.
The only thing I could find, was news from juli 1014, when indeed the Ukrainian parliament asked the court if it was possible to ban a specific communist party. Not because they are communist, but because they aided the rebels in fighting the Ukrainian army.

So maybe, today the court finally ruled a verdict over that case.

Would they ban communism? I don't think so, Europe would scream !!political oppression!! and no longer help them.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:55:13 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15743 on: April 05, 2015, 06:02:23 am »

The only thing I could find, was news from juli 1014, when indeed the Ukrainian parliament asked the court
The Ukraine had a parliament and news in 1014? :P
Taste my Paci-Fist

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15744 on: April 05, 2015, 06:17:50 am »

The only thing I could find, was news from juli 1014, when indeed the Ukrainian parliament asked the court
The Ukraine had a parliament and news in 1014? :P
From a Ukrainian nationalist viewpoint, which regards the Kievan Rus as an ancient Ukrainian state, kinda yes.  :P
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15745 on: April 05, 2015, 07:31:11 am »

Actually we want to ban sickle and hammer and other Soviet stuff.

And yes, actual communist party that is nothing but Russian agents and have nothing in common with any kind of communism.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #15746 on: April 05, 2015, 08:04:25 am »

It never was a good idea to ban a part of your history, at least to my knowledge.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15747 on: April 05, 2015, 08:10:58 am »

Banning a part of history? It is calling a part of history what it is. In Germany history is not banned, but I wish you luck to walk with swastikas or Hitler portraits on the streets and face no consequences.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15748 on: April 05, 2015, 08:12:00 am »

It never was a good idea to ban a part of your history, at least to my knowledge.

Didn't you guys in Russia (not sure about Belarus) also do the same thing with banning communist parties?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15749 on: April 05, 2015, 08:12:35 am »

Didn't you guys in Russia (not sure about Belarus) also do the same thing with banning communist parties?
Of cause not. They build Stalin's statues
Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 ... 1393