Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 823 824 [825] 826 827 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1757731 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #12360 on: October 27, 2014, 10:23:48 am »

Predictions before elections when 40% are undecided can't be accurate. I had three variants and decided in a cabin.  Obviously many undecided went for "Samopomich"

-1.1% comparing to several different exit-polls is way more suspicious.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12361 on: October 27, 2014, 12:05:26 pm »

Sweden has already called off the search for that allegedly Russian submarine which was threatening Stockholm for the past few weeks. The search party found not the evil Russian imperialists, but the evil Russian nothingness.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 12:12:34 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12362 on: October 27, 2014, 12:16:08 pm »

Russian submarines are the stealthiest ones, I knew that.
._.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12363 on: October 27, 2014, 12:25:53 pm »

Sweden has already called off the search for that allegedly Russian submarine which was threatening Stockholm for the past few weeks. The search party found not the evil Russian imperialists, but the evil Russian nothingness.

It should be be fair to mention that the Swedish Försmarsmakten never claimed the target of the search to be a submarine or of Russian origin. All that was just assumed, handwaved, and made up by the media, and today it was revealed that the "Russian distress code" was apparently also completely made up. The officials themselves are yet to reveal much.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12364 on: October 27, 2014, 01:02:32 pm »

So, how about that budget submarine version?
._.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #12365 on: October 27, 2014, 01:08:34 pm »

Those last weeks I realised how terrible journalism is. It's literally peoples taking as less time as possible writing about things they know nothing about 80% of the time. And half of the remaining 20% is shamelessly pushing an agenda.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12366 on: October 27, 2014, 01:47:56 pm »

welcome to the club

leave your fucks in the closet in case you ever need them again

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12367 on: October 27, 2014, 02:51:28 pm »

Those last weeks I realised how terrible journalism is. It's literally peoples taking as less time as possible writing about things they know nothing about 80% of the time. And half of the remaining 20% is shamelessly pushing an agenda.

I actually view journalists with the same burning sense of loathing that I do lawyers and mimes.

Can I just point out that Alex Salmond was succeeded by Nicola Sturgeon as the leader of the SNP? What, is it fishmongers all the way down?

Sadly not - the next one up will either be someone totally new (which may be likely), or it'll be Derek MacKay, Marco Biagi or Humza Yousaf. There's not much female talent in the old guard coming up to replace Sturgeon. No fishes there. The Salmond/Sturgeon years can be considered Scottish politics' fishiest period, however.

As a point of note, if the next SNP leader after Sturgeon (which could be another 10 years down the line at least) is from the old intake/the 2011 group then they have an excellent chance of being a gay male or the child of recent immigrants - two out of three front runners at this point are, after all.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 03:03:28 pm by Owlbread »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12368 on: October 27, 2014, 02:53:18 pm »

And half of the remaining 20% is shamelessly pushing an agenda.
As long as it's the right one...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #12369 on: October 27, 2014, 03:17:33 pm »

It's never the right one, the truth doesn't need to be pushed.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12370 on: October 27, 2014, 03:43:12 pm »

Trying to get the real picture world by  reading journalists is as effective as trying to guess original taste of food by eating poops.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12371 on: October 27, 2014, 04:00:41 pm »

Sadly not - the next one up will either be someone totally new (which may be likely), or it'll be Derek MacKay, Marco Biagi or Humza Yousaf. There's not much female talent in the old guard coming up to replace Sturgeon. No fishes there. The Salmond/Sturgeon years can be considered Scottish politics' fishiest period, however.

Are you telling me they've... Fished out the pool?
Love, scriver~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12372 on: October 27, 2014, 04:13:42 pm »

Clearly you've never met the homeopaths.
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12373 on: October 27, 2014, 04:57:03 pm »

I was kidding. Mostly. But on the other hand I guess I'm the only student in all of Germany praising our main tabloid, the Bild, as a pillar of our democracy...

My personal political happy for today: A crowdfunded German news outlet has gone live. I've only read one article, but it seems quite decent.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12374 on: October 28, 2014, 08:04:56 am »

My opinion on results of Ukrainian elections.

So, Ukrainian parliament has 450 seats

Petro Poroshenko's Bloc got 130 seats
Idiotic name. I know. More or less President's guys. 

People's Front got 82 seats
In English it sounds as a very left name :) Nothing left in ideology. Party of our current Premier Minister. And I suspect that he will keep his position.

Self Reliance got 33
Rather interesting new party. Created by major of Lviv (Largest Western Ukrainian city).  Has no former MPs unlike other parties.

Occupation Opposition Bloc got 31 seat
Various scum from the former ruling party. Each and everyone of them should be in prison....  And we need at least one party that doesn't claim that it is

Radical party got 22 seats
What can I say? Every parliament needs populists with elements of right wing rhetorics, right?

Fatherland got 19 seats
Oh... Tymoshenko is still in politics. Hope that is the last parliament I see her in

Svoboda got 6 seats
That one is little personal
Hello, main losers. I told you that you shouldn't act like that? Even if our still corrupt election system denied something like fifteen seats, the result is your fault. When your support in your core region goes from 38% to 6% in just two years you did something very, very wrong.  Next time try to not act like idiots.
Former member of your party.

Right Sector got 2 seats
At least we see a new nationalist party emerging.

27 seats are empty
Crimea, DNR and LNR never liked democracy anyway

Communists got zero seats
Best part of the election

The rest: 98 seat
Very mixed company. From usual corrupted politicians who got to parliament once again to local oligarchs to commanders of voluntary battalions

Results aren't final, but shouldn't change much
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:26:31 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
Pages: 1 ... 823 824 [825] 826 827 ... 1393