Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1757042 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #11940 on: October 13, 2014, 03:59:08 pm »

The French bashing that is endemic in Britain and forced down the throats of my countrymen through the media has always infuriated me. It's so bloody baseless. Don't get me wrong, I want to carve up France into countless independent states like any other country (death to the Jacobins) but whenever the Brits bang on about how unusually arrogant the French are I always think back to the importance of irony in the modern world; those who have no sense of irony or the ability to see themselves properly/realistically in the context of the world around them are impeding our progress as a species.
Go to London, it's one of the largest French cities in the world. It's also the only place in the world where I've been insulted by the French for saying the French aren't bad.

You're referencing the Norman invasions, right? ;)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11941 on: October 13, 2014, 04:39:11 pm »

The French bashing that is endemic in Britain and forced down the throats of my countrymen through the media has always infuriated me. It's so bloody baseless. Don't get me wrong, I want to carve up France into countless independent states like any other country (death to the Jacobins) but whenever the Brits bang on about how unusually arrogant the French are I always think back to the importance of irony in the modern world; those who have no sense of irony or the ability to see themselves properly/realistically in the context of the world around them are impeding our progress as a species.
Go to London, it's one of the largest French cities in the world. It's also the only place in the world where I've been insulted by the French for saying the French aren't bad.

If so, that makes Paris an Italian city.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11942 on: October 13, 2014, 08:04:33 pm »

How does that work?

http://i.imgur.com/HQ1x2ZA.gifv

Unfortunately, since it's a gifv, can't put it as an image.

No matter what you think, you have to admire the utter lack of fucks that guy gives.

Lol, that's quite the bravado there.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11943 on: October 13, 2014, 08:14:18 pm »

Bravado? He moves likes he's drunk.

But I appreciate the ability to recognise a great moment to puff a cigarette for maximum points nonetheless.

How does that work?

I think he's referring to the Romans, but that wouldn't quite apply because of, you know, the actual French showing up later and kicking everyone's ass until they would call it France instead of Gallia.
Love, scriver~

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11944 on: October 14, 2014, 04:18:33 am »

How does that work?

I think he's referring to the Romans, but that wouldn't quite apply because of, you know, the actual French showing up later and kicking everyone's ass until they would call it France instead of Gallia.
Add to that Normans invading Italy in the 11-12th centrury, and it turns out that not only Paris is not Italian, but half of Italy is French.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11945 on: October 14, 2014, 04:38:42 am »

No matter what you think, you have to admire the utter lack of fucks that guy gives.
Source here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ukWy963HI&app=desktop

the interview starts around 2:26, the gif part is at 5:12.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11946 on: October 14, 2014, 07:31:19 am »

Source here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ukWy963HI&app=desktop

the interview starts around 2:26, the gif part is at 5:12.
With english subs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9k05CbXmqE&list=UUG2L5r9T5iYCH0Mmgq85jNQ

Here is a good chanel with english
https://www.youtube.com/user/wintersodomy/videos

You can find the whole interview there, and generally a lot of other videos in the past of rebels fighting during the war, or  interviews and similar.
Make love not war

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11947 on: October 14, 2014, 07:58:36 am »

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11948 on: October 14, 2014, 09:34:06 am »

._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11949 on: October 14, 2014, 09:39:40 am »

well, ranger did say people are getting pissed at the government for being too soft

it seems concluded for now, let's see what happens next

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11950 on: October 14, 2014, 09:56:16 am »

So, this just happened.

I'm all for recognizing those who fought in WWII, but given how controversial the article says it is, right now is probably a bad time to bring it up, especially when everybodys anger is primed.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11951 on: October 14, 2014, 10:21:19 am »

So, this just happened.
Die Zeit reports that protestors weren't able to give their party affiliation, merely stating they were 'nationalists'. Two apparently admitted to being paid 400 Ukrobucks, IIRC. Swoboda denied any affiliation.

Link in German.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11952 on: October 14, 2014, 11:00:39 am »

According to some Ukrainians twits, most of the people arrested there have recently joined the Lyashko's party.

Lyashko is that politicians who has issued a public death thread to Kolomoiskiy and have recently said that "the government should have shooted Geletei (former Ukraine defence minister) instead of firing him"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, this is not a very good sign for stability in Ukraine. And if this was organized by Russian agents, well, then SBU can go fire themselves.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:03:52 am by Sergarr »
._.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11953 on: October 14, 2014, 11:12:36 am »

Ruble now at a new all-time low.
Moscow: Russia’s Central Bank has spent around $6bn from its international reserves in the past ten days to prop up the national currency, Central Bank chief Elvira Nabiullina said yesterday.
Troubling monetary acceleration in interventions.

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/RUREFEG:IND
~454 billion left in Russia reserves. Will be liquid depleted by next year at this rate. Hyperinflation is coming, Russia, and you can thank Fuhrer Putin.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:19:59 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11954 on: October 14, 2014, 11:18:16 am »

My IMO on today event: badly executed provocation. Who made that? Hard to tell, we have two weeks till elections so many parties can be responsible for that. Russia can't be counted out either. 

Something like 30 of those are arrested and I am pleased to see that my country is different and arrests are made in a proper way

So, this just happened.

I'm all for recognizing those who fought in WWII, but given how controversial the article says it is, right now is probably a bad time to bring it up, especially when everybodys anger is primed.
Yep. "Svoboda" has to go. They are acting like useful idiots. Useful for our enemies. And I hope that I'll not see them in the next parliament. Party that doesn't adapt to changes in society have no right to exist. I think it is very likely that "Svoboda" will not get necessary 5% to get in. Huge chunk of core electorate went to Right Sector. Brainless radicals like that clown Lyashko. Others... Others are pissed by that kind of behavior.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 1393