Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1757052 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #11970 on: October 14, 2014, 02:34:59 pm »

Hm. Sergarr,  Let's imagine that Russia will have 2000% inflation in 2015. Will Putin remain popular?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11971 on: October 14, 2014, 02:43:02 pm »

Hyperinflation? I think you're somewhat overestimating the total effect, given that I still have not felt any effect of sanctions on the prices around...

Okay then.
This is the normal rate of inflation here in Russia. In fact, it has been much higher before. Check out the '98-99 period to see what am I talking about. Holy shit that spike is huge.

EDIT: I looked wider, and the spike at '93 is even higher. 2000+ % inflation.

I'm confused by it, when I compare the US and Russia inflation rate with the whole date range, the Russian one ends at -4 while the US is around 1.6 or something, but when I do the date range from 2012 to 2014, the US one is at 1.6 or so but Russia is at 2.6 or so. Same for UK and Russia, full date range has Russia ending at 0.1 and UK at 1.8, 2012 to 2014 has Russia at 3.5 and UK at 1.2 or so. I'm using graph mode.

I get there would be differences because of currency exchange rates, but the different ending points are odd.
I think they're color coded. Black numbers on the left for black line, blue numbers on the right for the blue line.

Hm. Sergarr,  Let's imagine that Russia will have 2000% inflation in 2015. Will Putin remain popular?
Putin can prevent the inflation rising too high by enacting price control.

We have enough food inner production to not get completely deficited (like post-Khrushchev Soviet food production) , and the sanctions will be alleviated in a year or two, so...
._.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11972 on: October 14, 2014, 02:45:01 pm »

"Russia May Soon Return to Soviet-Style Price Controls"

That would be the ideal situation for fuhrer Putin.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11973 on: October 14, 2014, 02:46:20 pm »

Stop calling him fuhrer.
._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11974 on: October 14, 2014, 02:47:14 pm »

Go to London, it's one of the largest French cities in the world. It's also the only place in the world where I've been insulted by the French for saying the French aren't bad.
You're referencing the Norman invasions, right? ;)
If so, that makes Paris an Italian city.
How does that work?
I think he's referring to the Romans, but that wouldn't quite apply because of, you know, the actual French showing up later and kicking everyone's ass until they would call it France instead of Gallia.
Add to that Normans invading Italy in the 11-12th centrury, and it turns out that not only Paris is not Italian, but half of Italy is French.
There's a lot of Frenchies in London. A good few hundred thousand. That is all.

Stop calling him fuhrer.
Everyone bad is Hitler, don't you know?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11975 on: October 14, 2014, 02:50:22 pm »

No deficit? Oh. You include fodder grain here, right? Bon Appétit

Stop calling him fuhrer.

Yes. Correct term is khuilo or fuckhead
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11976 on: October 14, 2014, 02:53:56 pm »

Whoop, how did I not notice that there were blue numbers and black numbers. Inflation is still really high compared the US and UK.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11977 on: October 14, 2014, 02:54:37 pm »

No deficit? Oh. You include fodder grain here, right? Bon Appétit

Stop calling him fuhrer.

I eat Russian-baked bread everyday, and it is extremely tasty. The same grain can be used to make spaghetti, which are also extremely tasty with onions, if you know how to cook them. Then there's rice, which is partially imported from China (not subject to food bans), and with onions and some other ingridients, it is also extremely tasty.

The food products mentioned above are about 80% 50% of what I eat.

ADDED: Another 30% is the oatmeal and buckwheat. I don't think there will be shortages in these two as well.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 02:57:20 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11978 on: October 14, 2014, 02:55:52 pm »

Most striking, German O. Gref, a former minister of the economy and the head of Russia’s largest retail bank, Sberbank, delivered a scathing critique of the government’s economic policies, wondering why the country was turning again to a state-led model of economic development.

The Soviet Union broke apart, he said, because of the “mind-boggling incompetence of the Soviet leadership. They did not respect the laws of economic development.” Half the Russian economy is already in monopolized industries, Mr. Gref said. “You cannot motivate people through the gulag, like in the Soviet Union.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/03/world/europe/putin-russia-economy.html

I was being quite sarcastic about it being the ideal situation, by the way. Sberbank's leadership makes this clear if my word isn't good enough.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11979 on: October 14, 2014, 02:56:32 pm »

Stop calling him fuhrer.

ENOUGH guys, baiting like that is just going to lead to flaming.

Also, he should be called Tsar/Tzar Putin.

Edit: Sergarr dodged the flamebait anyway.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:02:13 pm by smjjames »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11980 on: October 14, 2014, 03:01:50 pm »

I eat Russian-baked bread everyday, and it is extremely tasty. The same grain can be used to make spaghetti, which are also extremely tasty with onions, if you know how to cook them. Then there's rice, which is partially imported from China (not subject to food bans), and with onions and some other ingridients, it is also extremely tasty.
I am drinking orange juice right now. Made in Ukraine. 
I think you are little too naive if you think that this bread has no imported ingredients

Also, will China follow Putin's price control and sell its rice dirt cheap? Somehow I doubt it

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11981 on: October 14, 2014, 03:07:03 pm »

It's literally the cheapest piece of bread in a market, all other are at least twice or thrice pricier.

I don't think the cheapest bread consists of anything but flour.

EDIT: I just checked and I was wrong. It also contains salt and sugar. I don't think we're going to run out of these, though...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:10:02 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11982 on: October 14, 2014, 03:13:53 pm »

You're making the mistake of assuming no further sanctions are coming, or no further "counter-sanctions" that hurts the Russian people more than anything else.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11983 on: October 14, 2014, 03:16:44 pm »

I don't see why would they, as the hostilities in Ukraine, the reason for sanctions, have stopped at large, and we don't need to re-enable them and in fact, trying to stop the militia's forces from fighting by cutting off their supplies.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11984 on: October 14, 2014, 03:23:57 pm »

It's literally the cheapest piece of bread in a market, all other are at least twice or thrice pricier.

I don't think the cheapest bread consists of anything but flour.

EDIT: I just checked and I was wrong. It also contains salt and sugar. I don't think we're going to run out of these, though...
No yeast bread? No all that chemistry included in modern industrial scale bakery? Well. Whatever. Dunno what bread you eat

Even if there are all Russian ingredients and it is done on all Russian equipment you  will still get either increased price due to reduced competition or USSR style deficit with price control.

Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 1393