Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1742438 times)

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #11115 on: September 18, 2014, 04:07:34 am »

The newly rising "far right" is mostly left wing. Actually they are rising thanks to the betrayal of traditional left wing party. I totally understand their electorate, at leastin France (I think it's the same in other countries but language barreer....). The NVA is an exeption.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11116 on: September 18, 2014, 04:11:30 am »

Yeah, the NVA is weird, I mean other independence parties tends to be more left-wing for example. This results in funny stuff like the NVA being in the same European Parliament Group as the Greens.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11117 on: September 18, 2014, 04:14:07 am »

Scottish referendum today! Hypehypehype!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11118 on: September 18, 2014, 04:20:37 am »

The newly rising "far right" is mostly left wing. Actually they are rising thanks to the betrayal of traditional left wing party. I totally understand their electorate, at leastin France (I think it's the same in other countries but language barreer....). The NVA is an exeption.

Eh, not like it's the first time. A certain leader or two in the 30's springs to mind...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11119 on: September 18, 2014, 04:24:21 am »

So Owlbread, do you have exit polls maybe?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11120 on: September 18, 2014, 04:32:35 am »

owlie said there're no exit polls, if memory serves

people must be hyped as hell

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11121 on: September 18, 2014, 04:56:23 am »

it's maximum hype time
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11122 on: September 18, 2014, 05:00:43 am »

sergio are you hype for introduce haggis

explain your hype in 500 pictures or less

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11123 on: September 18, 2014, 05:10:06 am »

Poor Owlbread, he probably hasn't slept in days.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11124 on: September 18, 2014, 07:20:33 am »

What if they vote no? Someone get a set of bagpipes and some haggis, we'll wrap him in the saltire to keep him warm and just hope his will to live doesn't give out.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11125 on: September 18, 2014, 07:30:47 am »

I don't think that people will vote for independence, or better said that it will pass, as it is not in the interest of UK or EU how it seems.
Make love not war

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11126 on: September 18, 2014, 07:32:00 am »

I don't think that people will vote for independence, or better said that it will pass, as it is not in the interest of UK or EU how it seems.

It's not about whether it's in the interest of the UK or EU, it's about Scotland.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11127 on: September 18, 2014, 07:36:07 am »

It's not about whether it's in the interest of the UK or EU, it's about Scotland.
Unfortunately it's not. When it comes to power and money, big crush the small all the time. If they allowed this referendum to be held, I am almost sure it will not pass, but lets wait and see.
Make love not war

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11128 on: September 18, 2014, 07:44:17 am »

Oh, apparently we have a scottish independence thread, which I missed somehow. So let's talk over there.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11129 on: September 18, 2014, 09:07:37 am »

You know, the whole arguments about multiculturalism and nationstates seem to me that it could use some pointing out that what Phmcw considers a nation-state (France, I think) is actually not a nationstate but a state containing at least three (that I'm aware off) different nations: French, Occitanian, and Bretagnian.

Maybe that is true in France, but it certainly isn't true in Scandinavia. Here they are conservative to the core.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 1393