Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1750850 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #9870 on: August 28, 2014, 05:35:36 pm »

Why is the 'world' leaking water there though?

the world depicted there is round

the civilization figure is scrubbing the world in a west-east fashion

since the rag used for scrubbing can be assumed to be made moist beforehand, and the civilization figure is exasperated with being unable to make any impression upon the "dreadful blot", the scrubbing was quite vigorous and led to some of the moisture contained in the rag to remove itself from the premises and fly awaywards with utmost velocity
I love your posts in this thread so much, LSP.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9871 on: August 28, 2014, 05:42:27 pm »

You have to admit though, Russia in the 1890's was a shitty place. That caricature is pretty spot-on.

Except for the part where it ignores all the other places that aren't Japan, Europe or North America, but meh - white people didn't count back then.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: August 28, 2014, 06:16:54 pm »

I can't say I disagree with Sergarr entirely.

Personally though, I think once we get things like replicators, whatever form they take, just personal, cheap manufactoring, most of the outer economy will re-orient around raw resources, unless we manage the whole "energy into mass" thing. I dunno, personal anti-matter reactors? Even then, you can't get more mass than you put it, so you still need a raw material to annihilate into energy.

So instead of manufactoring barons, we'll be back to oil barons and mining cartels. Yippee? :V
You see, you don't actually need rare resources to make amazing things.

Proof #1: graphene. Can be potentially made from anything alive. C
Proof #2: silicon: can be used to make computers. Si

We just need to take this to a logical conclusion, which will be using only a few malleable materials to form everything we need.
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: August 28, 2014, 06:52:52 pm »

Personally though, I think once we get things like replicators, whatever form they take, just personal, cheap manufactoring, most of the outer economy will re-orient around raw resources, unless we manage the whole "energy into mass" thing. I dunno, personal anti-matter reactors? Even then, you can't get more mass than you put it, so you still need a raw material to annihilate into energy.

If the economies of scale are large enough there is nothing to say that we wont just see the current model persist with prices a little lower.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9875 on: August 28, 2014, 07:46:03 pm »

You have to admit though, Russia in the 1890's was a shitty place. That caricature is pretty spot-on.

Except for the part where it ignores all the other places that aren't Japan, Europe or North America, but meh - white people didn't count back then.

Everywhere was a shitty place to be in 1890.
Love, scriver~

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9876 on: August 28, 2014, 07:58:23 pm »

We just need to take this to a logical conclusion, which will be using only a few malleable materials to form everything we need. which will be harvesting people for their component atoms.

FTFY
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9877 on: August 28, 2014, 08:00:32 pm »

We just need to take this to a logical conclusion, which will be using only a few malleable materials to form everything we need. which will be harvesting people for their component atoms.
FTFY
GRAPHENE IS PEAPLE

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: August 28, 2014, 08:18:35 pm »

DER PEARPLE CUM TA TEK ER SILLY CONES!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9879 on: August 29, 2014, 04:45:40 am »

Everywhere was a shitty place to be in 1890.
Some places were shittier than others. The village where my mom comes from and the village where my parents live now were horrendously shitty. The neighboring villages, not so much. Colonial Burma must've been bad, but London certainly was much better. Etc etc.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: August 29, 2014, 05:25:27 am »

I though London in industrial era had permanent thick smog above the city constantly due to all the factories...
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9881 on: August 29, 2014, 05:28:53 am »

it still somehow managed to not be as bad as shanghai

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9882 on: August 29, 2014, 06:08:32 am »

London, a good place to live? That's just crazy talk. Not enough work and too many easily replaceable workers, no rights, no health care, no work safety, no social services, wage slavery, debtor's prisons, insanely harsh punishments for even small crimes, smog everywhere, vermin everywhere, diseases everywhere, horseshit everywhere.

Sounds like a lovely place.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9883 on: August 29, 2014, 06:15:00 am »

It was actually all right as long as you weren't one of the unfortunate menial workers who wasn't lucky enough to work for an ethical manager, which I guess was a lot of people. London was basically what India is today, an industrious capital that is simultaneously rich and poor.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: August 29, 2014, 06:27:39 am »

And India today certainly is better than India during colonial times. Not good, but better.
The Bay12 postcard club
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 1393