Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749553 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #9435 on: August 22, 2014, 08:29:57 am »

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9436 on: August 22, 2014, 08:33:06 am »

da_nang
I am afraid that Poroshenko is way to EU-style politician to do just that :) :(

So far I am seeing concerns, worries and other mighty weapons used against the convoy
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9437 on: August 22, 2014, 08:38:36 am »

Jack daniels has clove oil in it?
So does coca cola.....
In fact sometimes I can actually taste the clove, and think "Fuck this, I don't like cloves"
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9438 on: August 22, 2014, 09:42:33 am »

I just hope Russians don't decide to place some kind of embargo on Scottish whisky. They're excellent customers and there's been more of them in recent years taking whisky tours around my area.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9439 on: August 22, 2014, 09:45:52 am »

I just hope Russians don't decide to place some kind of embargo on Scottish whisky. They're excellent customers and there's been more of them in recent years taking whisky tours around my area.

You should be hoping for an import ban, you'd get a massive spike in this kind of tourism then.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9440 on: August 22, 2014, 09:59:05 am »

So, Russia will now freely supply whatever it wants, hundreds of white trucks will go back and forth bringing anything they want because now - painted in white = invulnerable...

That will be long, long, long war.  Funny..... Neither Ukraine nor Russia, nor EU, nor USA will ever admit that Ukrainian-Russian war is a real thing.

Soon Russia will go on full scale offensive after bringing several divisions using this trucks and other methods. Of cause it will be still called rebels\Pro-Russian separatists\terrorists or some other nonsense word

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

WarRoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9441 on: August 22, 2014, 12:23:41 pm »

I seriously would like to have a House of Lords. Politicians as they are only seem to think about the short term and winning the next election.

Yeah that's why taxes never get hiked and popular programs never get cut.  Just look at Europe since 2009.

Oh wait...

Not never but rather than making small unpopular corrections these tasks are delayed until everything blows up.
Although I think I was a bit ambiguous, I wasn't thinking about the upper house dealing with such "petty" things as taxes and whatever programs but rather they would be a living constitution to the country.

@Owlbread regarding the House of Lords
It seems I don't want the House of Lords anymore :P
I don't have a problem with aristocrats or bishops having seats there but I was thinking more about less politically affiliated people like what MarcAFK mentioned professors and such rather than a graveyard for the old buddies.

Edit:
So, Russia will now freely supply whatever it wants, hundreds of white trucks will go back and forth bringing anything they want because now - painted in white = invulnerable...

That will be long, long, long war.  Funny..... Neither Ukraine nor Russia, nor EU, nor USA will ever admit that Ukrainian-Russian war is a real thing.

Soon Russia will go on full scale offensive after bringing several divisions using this trucks and other methods. Of cause it will be still called rebels\Pro-Russian separatists\terrorists or some other nonsense word

Don't worry UR you only have to paint Ukraine white.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:32:36 pm by WarRoot »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9442 on: August 22, 2014, 12:42:37 pm »

Not in the mood of appreciating jokes. Tired of all that shit. I think I will never see a day when this government will start to do something to actually counter Russia.

WarRoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9443 on: August 22, 2014, 01:07:19 pm »

Aren't the rebels in a losing position?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9444 on: August 22, 2014, 01:33:25 pm »

They are losing some territory and meatgrinder works but does it really hurt Russia? Unless we are eliminating 3-4 times more actual Russian soldiers (not various  armed thugs) than we lose, that is not something to be content with

WarRoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9445 on: August 22, 2014, 02:01:32 pm »

You don't have to hurt Russia, regaining control of all of Ukraine's territories would be enough to win. Russia can't just march an army through the borders, sure there are (were?) forces trickling into Ukraine from there but those can only prolong the conflict not win it.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9446 on: August 22, 2014, 02:04:31 pm »

Yeah, the very convoy we are talking about here is either flat-out military help in form of soldiers, or flat-out military help in form of supplies, and they are getting more, not less, bold with time. So it is, in fact, entirely possible for Russia to just march it's army into Ukraine. That's the very problem here.
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9447 on: August 22, 2014, 02:24:45 pm »

You don't have to hurt Russia, regaining control of all of Ukraine's territories would be enough to win. Russia can't just march an army through the borders, sure there are (were?) forces trickling into Ukraine from there but those can only prolong the conflict not win it.
Russia can and will march troops in.  Expecting that Putin will give up is very naive. He will be eaten alive in Russia. Russian can tolerate eating\wearing\living in shit but will not forgive retreat like that

So far Putin got a nice war of attrition, something that Russia has a huge advantage in: they have larger economy, larger army,  huge supply of obedient slave cannon-fodder.  luxury of  invulnerable rear area, failproof supplylines* and artillery\SAMs that can fire without fear of retaliation. 

*those white trucks that our cowardly EU-like leadership don't attack to not "provoke full-scale invasion"

No need for full-scale invasion that Russia, it is worse strategy than what they do now. They can actually lose in a full scale war... War of attrition with rules like that... I can't see how Ukraine can win

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9448 on: August 22, 2014, 02:26:11 pm »

German media report a Lithuanian diplomat to have been kidnapped and killed in Donetz. I wonder how that'll turn out.

EDIT: Terrorism. Straight-up terrorism. Start blowing up military installations in St. Petersburg and Moscow, and assassinating politicians. Attack their supply lines, and their reserve soldiers. Attrition can go both ways.

I do not advocate this course of action, but under the assumption that this conflict will be decided through military means, it seems sensible.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:28:21 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9449 on: August 22, 2014, 02:33:43 pm »

I think that this kind of stuff can happen sooner or later. What I highly doubt is that our Security service or other government backed structure will do it.

Right Sector and other radical organizations can. What I hope that we will not get bloodthirsty morons that will bomb random civilian target like subways

Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 1393