Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749404 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #9390 on: August 21, 2014, 08:08:10 am »

Ooh, I can do Poland!
[Polish Minister mode]
*eats an apple* "Please eat apples, we have so many apples, my children are being crushed to death under the weight of oppressive Russian apple sanctions." *In the background 300 trucks are seen being loaded with bags labeled "humanatarian aid"*
"Oh you wanted a comment about the rada dissolving? I assure you this will not affect the aid convoy we are sending to Ukraine"
*A bag of 'Aid' is visible being dropped, revealing many apples with an "EU REJECTED" label on them*
"Oh shit, don't tell merkel!"
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:12:32 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9391 on: August 21, 2014, 09:05:55 am »

http://www.ukrinform.ua/eng/news/poroshenko_will_dissolve_rada_next_week___advisor_to_president_325535

Not sure if I'm understanding it completely (due to the english being a bit funky), is poroshenko ending the early election to parliament or is he forcing an early election for parliament?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:09:19 am by smjjames »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9392 on: August 21, 2014, 09:26:11 am »

So, Putin starts to send 20-year old kids in Ukraine... What happened? Too few Kadyrov's pigs and Spetsnaz butchers remained?

So far all links in Russian:

Alleged video with a captured Russian soldier
Alleged his soon to be deleted social network page
Screenshot of social network page above

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9393 on: August 21, 2014, 09:32:34 am »

I'm sure the parliamentarians will agree with Poroshenko decision and will not in any way, shape or form attempt to stay in power.
._.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9394 on: August 21, 2014, 10:21:09 am »

On a slightly different note.

Only in Russia, Scaring away tourists with lightling and tesla coils*.

It's not, actually, a Tesla coil. It's a Marx generator.

But what many of them didn’t understand is why their hair began to stand up as they got closer to the mysterious object, and were even more stunned seconds later a blue lights began to strike meters away. Facility chief Vladimir Sysoev says that many were seconds from death, and that it is by pure luck that no one has died during a test.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:23:57 am by 10ebbor10 »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9395 on: August 21, 2014, 12:03:49 pm »

Sergarr, you know this happens all the time in, you know, functioning democracies, right? Britain and Canada and Australia all come to mind.

I know it'd seem weird to a Russian that people in power might, you know, actually follow the law, but in other places it's a normal thing.

Whether Ukraine, by virtue of being near Russia and having been under the Russian bootheel for so long, counts as a "functioning democracy" is something else. I can certainly see the whole Russian ethos re: "keep a hold of power by any means" could have rubbed off on 'em, though.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9396 on: August 21, 2014, 12:08:16 pm »

I may have asked this before, but who is most likely to win the upcoming Rada elections?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9397 on: August 21, 2014, 12:18:39 pm »

But what many of them didn’t understand is why their hair began to stand up as they got closer to the mysterious object, and were even more stunned seconds later a blue lights began to strike meters away. Facility chief Vladimir Sysoev says that many were seconds from death, and that it is by pure luck that no one has died during a test.

Oh, you're so screwed.... http://youtu.be/WLXBUfgO610?t=34s
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:21:10 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9398 on: August 21, 2014, 12:35:35 pm »

Oh, you're so screwed.... http://youtu.be/WLXBUfgO610?t=34s
Back in the 80s, Soviet Union also had Prism tanks.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9399 on: August 21, 2014, 12:37:07 pm »

Sergarr, you know this happens all the time in, you know, functioning democracies, right? Britain and Canada and Australia all come to mind.

I know it'd seem weird to a Russian that people in power might, you know, actually follow the law, but in other places it's a normal thing.

Whether Ukraine, by virtue of being near Russia and having been under the Russian bootheel for so long, counts as a "functioning democracy" is something else. I can certainly see the whole Russian ethos re: "keep a hold of power by any means" could have rubbed off on 'em, though.
1) I'm pretty sure Britain is not a democracy. "The UK's form of government is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary system"
2) I remember this thing as a thing that happened. Some pretty intense power struggle there.
._.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9401 on: August 21, 2014, 12:41:32 pm »

1) I'm pretty sure Britain is not a democracy. "The UK's form of government is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary system"
Republic is the word you're looking for. The UK is not a republic.

okay
._.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9402 on: August 21, 2014, 12:43:35 pm »

Democracy =/= Republic.

The people in Britain who do (most) of the deciding are elected. Except for the Queen, who is a figurehead but has some influence, and the House of Lords, which are a horrible thing to still have, Britain is a democracy, and if the parliament is dissolved and new elections are called, the House of Commons goes along with it.

The same thing happened here a couple years ago. The Governor General, who acts in the Queens stead here in Canada, was asked by the Prime Minster to dissolve the parliament and call an election. The election that followed gave him a majority government, where-as before he only had a minority government, and thus was constrained in what he could do.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:46:02 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9403 on: August 21, 2014, 12:44:37 pm »

The whole "not a democracy" thing frustrates me more than any other polisci statement there is. Both republics and monarchies can be democratic or non-democratic. If political power is distributed by the consensus of the population, then the system is a democracy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9404 on: August 21, 2014, 01:23:39 pm »

What if the consensus of population is to elect a dictator, ala this ?
._.
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 1393