Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749256 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #9375 on: August 20, 2014, 02:02:25 pm »

Well, I'm not saying the average American isn't dumb, but there's been shenanigans with the definition of 'obesity' & BMI is a HORRID system of measurement to rely on.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9376 on: August 20, 2014, 02:08:57 pm »

So, according to your words, an average American is so fat because he's dumb?

It is not that simple. Because eating can be an addiction. Like any addiction it can force someone to act against own judgment. Also, many people just don't care and comfortable with their weight. That has nothing to do with intelligence

But if you want to become slim, your receipt is not to avoid fast-foods, but turn on your brain and willpower. Same goes for national level. If you want to make your nation slimier - don't ban something, but teach how to eat in a proper way

In fact,  I think, banning fast-foods will result in people eating more junk foods because it is what they will buy and consume when they have no time

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9377 on: August 20, 2014, 02:12:29 pm »

Russia doesn't need fast food places anyway, because we're not planning on getting uberfat...

And True (TM) Russians (TM) never are in a hurry or away from home and too poor for a restaurant.
There is never a legitimate reason to go to McDonalds. They're responsible for massive deforestation, they supply food from factory farms rife with industrial mistreatment of animals, they employ people on unstable zero-hour contracts that force workers to arrange their lives around precarious and shifting work schedules, their food is terrible for your health, and while the food is convenient it's hardly the only option.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9378 on: August 20, 2014, 02:13:54 pm »

Russia doesn't need fast food places anyway, because we're not planning on getting uberfat...

And True (TM) Russians (TM) never are in a hurry or away from home and too poor for a restaurant.
There is never a legitimate reason to go to McDonalds. They're responsible for massive deforestation, they supply food from factory farms rife with industrial mistreatment of animals, they employ people on unstable zero-hour contracts that force workers to arrange their lives around precarious and shifting work schedules, their food is terrible for your health, and while the food is convenient it's hardly the only option.

Note how Sergarr used 'fast food' in general in the post to which I replied.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Detharon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9379 on: August 20, 2014, 02:18:47 pm »

Alcohol isn't good either, but I think we all know the bad effects of prohibition in the US. Modern countries tend to shift from imposing bans in favour of educating their citizens and giving them a choice.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9380 on: August 20, 2014, 02:22:29 pm »

There is never a legitimate reason to go to McDonalds.
Duress?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9381 on: August 20, 2014, 02:25:40 pm »

I don't think we should prohibit unhealthy food, I think we should destroy brutal corporations.

WarRoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9382 on: August 20, 2014, 04:27:40 pm »

The chicken egg supplier?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9383 on: August 20, 2014, 04:29:36 pm »

Passion or serendipity lies ahead, what with the future yet to come.

WarRoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9384 on: August 20, 2014, 04:43:59 pm »

Someone turned into a fucking poet.

Also very important (one day old) news:
http://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/8/19/6045699/vin-diesel-names-vladimir-putin-to-the-ice-bucket-challenge
Will Putin accept the challenge or ban western buckets?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9385 on: August 20, 2014, 05:01:19 pm »

http://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/8/19/6045699/vin-diesel-names-vladimir-putin-to-the-ice-bucket-challenge
Why bother challenging a Russian? That's just a regular shower.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9386 on: August 20, 2014, 05:05:53 pm »

Why bother challenging a Russian? That's just a regular shower.

Also, Siberia and the normal Russian winter.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9388 on: August 21, 2014, 07:53:02 am »

[Russian propaganda mode]
He wants to introduce dictatorship and concentrate all power in his hands [/]
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9389 on: August 21, 2014, 07:55:30 am »

can you do other countries now

i know you're poking fun but i wonder if you can do impressions of others

like... i dunno, what western country's most sympathetic in your opinion? poland maybe?
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 1393