Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1747350 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8385 on: July 29, 2014, 02:40:48 pm »

1) Ukrainian  people overthrew a very crappy government in a West-aided bloody revolution. And installed a pro-western government, that started to do all the hostile things, like banning Russian language and not joining EEC.
2) If Ukraine stayed neutral in the West-Russia tension, we would agree. But seeing your country falling away from the equilibrium, we had to act and took over Crimea. Anyway, you would expell our fleet out of there, considering the political course
They also crashed on the moon first. So that's 2 out of 3, victory to the USSR.
Man, it's a terrible shame this is completely wrong. Russian propaganda is strong. Next up, Russia landed on the moon first.
They did, actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_9
Hooray for pedantics!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: July 29, 2014, 03:03:20 pm »

Western masters?

Oh wait, ivze is a 9/11 truther. Nevermind.
Forgot Nuland's cookies ^^?
Forgetting implies having known about it beforehand. Also I have no idea how somebody dissing the EU proves that the west somehow controls Ukraine.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: July 29, 2014, 03:08:59 pm »

The West has been trying to influence Ukraine for some time, but they have less influence over Ukraine than Russia does now in the East.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: July 29, 2014, 03:09:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It is always a good thing to have real friends from Belarus who come to help. Hope Ukraine will have a chance to repay and help in overthrowing Lukashenko's regime

Sadly, should they get KIAed no one will admit that they were here. Officially Ukrainian National Guard has no foreign volunteers. They are not listed in official losses....
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: July 29, 2014, 03:11:00 pm »

The West has been trying to influence Ukraine for some time, but they have less influence over Ukraine than Russia does now in the East.
Emphasis on "trying". The word "masters" alone implies that there was some sort of absolute control going on, which is quite simply not the case.

Now, if the Ukraine was an EU member, on the other hand...

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8390 on: July 29, 2014, 03:11:01 pm »

For Belarus to have a chance at overthrowing Lukashenko's regime the majority of the country will need to wake up. I don't know how that could happen.

Emphasis on "trying". The word "masters" alone implies that there was some sort of absolute control going on, which is quite simply not the case.

Now, if the Ukraine was an EU member, on the other hand...

I think that Ukraine could be an Eastern France, I really do. It would need a lot of time and preparation, but I can imagine it being an Eastern counterweight (along with Belarus) to Western European Union influence.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:12:42 pm by Owlbread »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: July 29, 2014, 03:11:50 pm »

For Belarus to have a chance at overthrowing Lukashenko's regime the majority of the country will need to wake up. I don't know how that could happen.
Build a really big alarm clock?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: July 29, 2014, 03:15:48 pm »

And yet I hope that we will see the white-red-white flag rising again.
Qaddafi's position looked like absolutely secure but...
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: July 29, 2014, 03:21:37 pm »

And yet I hope that we will see the white-red-white flag rising again.
Qaddafi's position looked like absolutely secure but...

This is true. I think Lukashenko would have to be revealed as a corrupt kleptocrat or something for support for Belarusian independence (because that's what we're discussing here, really) to become popular in rural areas outside the big cities.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: July 29, 2014, 03:27:12 pm »

Wouldn't be enough. I'm afraid people will have to die before we see a revolution.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: July 29, 2014, 04:03:42 pm »

"Influence" is such a broad term.  If I buy my girlfriend dinner I am influencing her.  If Russia invades Ukraine and establishes a puppet government they are influencing it.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: July 29, 2014, 04:10:00 pm »

"Influence" is such a broad term.  If I buy my girlfriend dinner I am influencing her.  If Russia invades Ukraine and establishes a puppet government they are influencing it.

But the West didn't exactly buy Ukraine dinner, they tried to fund the opposition parties and gave them support to ensure that a government favourable to the West would be in power in Ukraine. I'm not saying the revolution wasn't the will of the Ukrainian people though - that is very clear.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: July 29, 2014, 04:11:12 pm »

But the West didn't exactly buy Ukraine dinner

IDK, a romantic street protest by firelight can be very important in a relationship.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: July 29, 2014, 05:22:03 pm »

I'm reading the news, related headlines are grouped together:

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8399 on: July 29, 2014, 05:30:40 pm »

OOH SHIT, BELGIUM, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?! NOOOOOO
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 1393