Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1744762 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #7905 on: July 21, 2014, 05:50:38 am »

Well, it is factually correct, but misleading: nothing hint that the missile was shot from Russia.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7906 on: July 21, 2014, 05:53:02 am »

1. It was in all caps.
2. This was before the weapon was confirmed and it tries to make it seem like Russia shot down the aeroplane.
3. Sensationally brutal selection of words.

I like my reporting of disasters clear and objective, with little attempts to strike fear into the eyes of readers.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: July 21, 2014, 07:07:41 am »

Looking at conspiracy theories in Russian media.

The bottom video here was particularly effecting.
Volunteers at the MH17 plane crash site do not appear to know what to do with evidence, as Natalia Antelava reports from eastern Ukraine.

Natalia Antelava is handed passenger documents by volunteers at the crash site: "It shows you how badly organised it is... they don't know who to give this to"
The journalist in question's Twitter. Some recent posts of interest;
Now: demo outside plane crash site,dozen women and few men chanting "Leave us alone, we'll sort it all out ourselves"#MH17 #ukraine
Almost reluctant to share some of the detail of what we are seeing and hearing. Can't imagine what must be like for desperate families #MK17
Day 4. 27 bodies in black bags lying in the heat at #mh17 site in front of us, while fighting and explosions shake Donetsk

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: July 21, 2014, 09:18:42 am »

Gotta give the volunteers credit for trying to do the right thing, even if they are messing with the crime scene.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #7909 on: July 21, 2014, 09:31:19 am »

Gotta give the volunteers credit for trying to do the right thing, even if they are messing with the crime scene.
I agree with this.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #7910 on: July 21, 2014, 09:43:21 am »

The weapon that did the shooting was directly supplied by the Russian government

For what is worth, a comment right bellow this article does have a point:
So with this knowledge why did they not stop commercial airliners from flying over East Ukraine???

It's actually referring to what Ukraine state security official Vitaliy Nayda said about separatist having SA-11 in possession, but it also holds true when it comes to allegedly intercepted conversation Kerry is boasting about.  :-\
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: July 21, 2014, 09:54:09 am »

So it's the obligation of other governments to expect the Russians to issue kill on sight orders instead of the Russians to keep their attack dogs on leashes?

1. It was in all caps.
2. This was before the weapon was confirmed and it tries to make it seem like Russia shot down the aeroplane.
3. Sensationally brutal selection of words.

I like my reporting of disasters clear and objective, with little attempts to strike fear into the eyes of readers.

1. Yes big headlines generally are in caps.
2. The ties were well known at this point
3. Shocker.  A newspaper would rather describe something effectively.

This only looks biased if you bend over backwards to look for bias.  The reason the newspapers are treating this as big fucking news and reprehensible is because IT IS.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: July 21, 2014, 10:16:24 am »

You mean making sure the bodies with shrapnel aren't seen?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: July 21, 2014, 10:22:10 am »

While there are multiple people who could have made certain choices, like whether to allow planes to fly over Eastern Ukraine or Malaysian Airlines choosing not to voluntarily fly around it, it ultimately comes down to those who shot it down and whoever supplied them the vehichle.

Speaking of the Malaysian Airlines thing, one of the spouses of the victims on the first one said on CNN several days ago that she believed that it wasn't a coincidence and that someone was targeting Malaysia Airlines.

I don't believe that conspiracy theory stuff, I believe it was just, in a word, bad luck. I don't want to say fate, which isn't what I mean, I mean just being at the mercy of the Random Number Gods so to speak, like they rolled a one two times in a row, and no I'm not trying to trivialitize the whole thing, just trying to use an analogy to show what I think.

You mean making sure the bodies with shrapnel aren't seen?

I meant the putting the bodies on the train to keep them from decomposing and it would have been even WORSE for them to just leave the bodies there to decompose until the investigators got there, and probably collecting the documents. I'm just saying that not all of the volunteers actions are neccesarily nefarious or ill-intentioned.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7914 on: July 21, 2014, 10:28:27 am »

Speaking of the Malaysian Airlines thing, one of the spouses of the victims on the first one said on CNN several days ago that she believed that it wasn't a coincidence and that someone was targeting Malaysia Airlines.
We already confirmed that Singapore airlines had orchestrated everything from the start to eliminate their rival. Singapore airlines actually > Illuminati.

1. Yes big headlines generally are in caps.
2. The ties were well known at this point
3. Shocker.  A newspaper would rather describe something effectively.
This only looks biased if you bend over backwards to look for bias.  The reason the newspapers are treating this as big fucking news and reprehensible is because IT IS.
1. Ok
2. Not at that time
3. Daily Mail tier fear mongering is not effective
4. Who said anything about bias?
5. Who said it's not big news?
6. Who said it's what's this and that not reprehensible?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:30:34 am by Loud Whispers »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: July 21, 2014, 10:34:32 am »

We already confirmed that Singapore airlines had orchestrated everything from the start to eliminate their rival. Singapore airlines actually > Illuminati.
It was them all along.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Clear as crystal.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: July 21, 2014, 10:36:32 am »

So it's the obligation of other governments to expect the Russians to issue kill on sight orders instead of the Russians to keep their attack dogs on leashes?

-snip-
How about you keep your attack dogs on leashes? Civilians are dying right now in the cities of Eastern Ukraine, under the shells of Ukrainian Army, and you have the gall to only blame Russians?

Ugh.
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: July 21, 2014, 10:38:06 am »

I'm sorry but people with their eyes open knew that Russia was supplying the separatists before the plane was shot down.  The US wasn't directing flights away for shits and giggles.  That you chose to ignore this doesn't give you grounds to criticize those who knew before the plane was shot down.  If anything, the reverse is true.

If there is no bias, the level of excitement is justified and you agree that the Russian actions are reprehensible, what complaint is left to issue against the sensational reporting of the Daily Mail?  I agree that they are quite the fishwrapper much of the time but even fishwrapper can get things right.

-snip-
How about you keep your attack dogs on leashes? Civilians are dying right now in the cities of Eastern Ukraine, under the shells of Ukrainian Army, and you have the gall to only blame Russians?

Ugh.

Yes, blame the victims of your governments aggression.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: July 21, 2014, 10:40:55 am »

-snip-

Ugh.

I don't think maniac is Ukranian (correct me if I'm wrong, and apologies)? And Maniac was talking in the context of the Flight 17 incident, not the whole conflict in general.

@maniac: LoudWhispers was joking around, obviously, and I only mentioned what that person said because of how silly it is.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: July 21, 2014, 10:48:59 am »

I'm just saying that not all of the volunteers actions are neccesarily nefarious or ill-intentioned.

When the rebels first arrived to patrol the scene, certain victims were taken away very quickly. Reports indicate that 38 bodies were taken to a morgue in Donetsk. An additional 186 bodies have been reported as found by the Ukrainian security council. Ukrainian authorities have set up their own processing facility in Kharkiv, which is a government controlled city, about 270 kilometers north of the crash site. There, the bodies are being identified by experts. Yet, the fate of those 38 bodies, and why they were rapidly removed, is still unknown.
http://www.thewire.com/global/2014/07/the-disappearing-bodies-of-mh17/374725/

I sure wonder why

To remove and hide the bodies with evidence of the Russian missile embedded in their bodies. These people are terrorists, and cowardly ones at that. Can't even take responsibility that they gladly murdered 300 people. Apologists ought to take a minute and maybe not defend the actions of Fuhrer Putin in this one.

If Ukraine had murdered 300 people I'd be as vocal against them as I am the now-confirmed terrorist state of Putin's Russia, so try not to victim complex me.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:53:21 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 1393