Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745075 times)

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #7845 on: July 19, 2014, 09:59:40 am »

Should the referendum be successful then the question stops being "how do we stop Scotland from being independent" and changes to "what kind of a relationship do we want to have with Scotland and how can we make the best of this?" - That goes for all parties, whether it's the UK or Germany or Spain.
Of course. If there is a "yes", there probably will be a different reaction altogether, it's just regular calculating behaviour in politics.
Just currently it is not to be expected that any government would fall another government in the back like that. Imagine the outrage in Westminster if the EU (universally popular in the UK already) supported Scottish independence, and potentially the following awkwardness if the referendum fell through.

I hope that marauders who looted remains of the aircrash will be never called Ukrainians in the Western Media....
There were rumours earlier that cash was looted from the dead (an Australian journalist reported that), but I haven't seen that repeated or confirmed so far.
The problem is more that when the rebels are moving parts of the debris, they are making it harder for the investigators.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 10:03:07 am by XXSockXX »

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: July 19, 2014, 10:36:57 am »

I hope that marauders who looted remains of the aircrash will be never called Ukrainians in the Western Media....

BTW, I will not be surprised if they will demand ransom for bodies

What would the point be of ransoming for the bodies? It would also be rather ghoulish or something.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there was looting for valuable copper and other metal.

Actually ransoming bodies has been done before, if I remember correctly. I just can't remember anything that I could bring out to you right now. It is a way to get money from it, but I don't believe that it would be done. I just don't believe that the separatists would do that.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: July 19, 2014, 10:41:37 am »

Actually ransoming bodies has been done before, if I remember correctly. I just can't remember anything that I could bring out to you right now. It is a way to get money from it, but I don't believe that it would be done. I just don't believe that the separatists would do that.
From what I have read, the rebels have moved some bodies somewhere, supposedly to a local morgue, to preserve the bodies. That would make sense of course, but even if they mean well, it's just problematic that they are disturbing a crime scene while preventing investigators from access to the site.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: July 19, 2014, 10:58:23 am »

The thought of them disturbing the scene and reports that the black box might be on it's way to Moscow are indeed very disturbing. However the fact that they don't allow investigators to the scene and are moving the box to Russia suggest that the separatists almost surely shot down the plane.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: July 19, 2014, 11:15:29 am »

Yeah, the fact that they are messing with the crime scene and blocking access is kind of incriminating for them.

From what I have read, the rebels have moved some bodies somewhere, supposedly to a local morgue, to preserve the bodies. That would make sense of course, but even if they mean well, it's just problematic that they are disturbing a crime scene while preventing investigators from access to the site.

They did put white ribbons on the ground to mark the locations of some of the bodies.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7850 on: July 19, 2014, 02:18:13 pm »

Should the referendum be successful then the question stops being "how do we stop Scotland from being independent" and changes to "what kind of a relationship do we want to have with Scotland and how can we make the best of this?" - That goes for all parties, whether it's the UK or Germany or Spain.
Tell America Scotland needs freedom and watch the fireworks?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: July 19, 2014, 02:21:35 pm »

Mel Gibson would be the first migrant, surely.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: July 19, 2014, 02:34:37 pm »

Yeah, Guardian GI, can you tone down the "The West are Nazis that will invade Russia for fun and giggles"? If you want to discuss this, go have your own thread, or post actual arguments.
Sure.

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh, most of your posts are very informative and bringa unique perspective to the discussion, but the constant "The west are nazi going to invade" is a bit... well, annoying.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: July 19, 2014, 03:12:11 pm »

Yeah, Guardian GI, can you tone down the "The West are Nazis that will invade Russia for fun and giggles"? If you want to discuss this, go have your own thread, or post actual arguments.
Sure.

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh, most of your posts are very informative and bringa unique perspective to the discussion, but the constant "The west are nazi going to invade" is a bit... well, annoying.
And it is even physically unfeasible. Why go for physical invasion when financial methods are 1) well tested and 2) very effective?
._.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: July 19, 2014, 06:38:09 pm »

Mel Gibson would be the first migrant, surely.

I think we're a bit too left-wing for his taste. It's unfortunate that most of the Americans I have seen that are interested in Scottish history (specifically the fun bits like the wars of independence) are right-wing Conservatives like Newt Gingrich. Newt is big on Robert the Bruce, so I actually have something in common with him.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 06:40:09 pm by Owlbread »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: July 19, 2014, 06:38:44 pm »

* Descan gives a tiny wave from Canada.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: July 19, 2014, 06:46:36 pm »

* Descan gives a tiny wave from Canada.

How could we forget our dear Descan? Descan is basically Scottish already so he'll be on one of the first boats, I am sure.

It would be nice if more exiled Highlanders from places like Canada would return to Scotland. I have heard times are quite hard in areas like Cape Breton; it's that old story where they ended up leaving Scotland due to lack of work (the lucky ones, that is) and sought opportunity in Nova Scotia etc, now they're leaving Cape Breton and Nova Scotia to seek opportunity in Toronto and elsewhere. Meanwhile their glens and islands are desolate and bare, just great big playgrounds for the wealthy to shoot deer on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: July 19, 2014, 07:22:04 pm »

I won't be on one of the first boats, but my heart will be. My wallet is my chain though, you see the issue.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7858 on: July 19, 2014, 08:03:43 pm »

Don't forget, once you're there you can never leave.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: July 19, 2014, 08:12:10 pm »

I don't support Scottish independence but if it did happen I think the economics of it would make for a good life's work and be worth migrating.  Plus it's convenient to Ireland!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 1393