Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1744923 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #7830 on: July 19, 2014, 02:47:25 am »

Spoiler: forgive us, if you can (click to show/hide)
Photo from Dutch embassy in Moscow. That was left by a real Russian, not by one of Soviets who glorify Putin and think he protects them from imperialistic West
real russians don't surrender
._.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: July 19, 2014, 03:37:16 am »

Spoiler: forgive us, if you can (click to show/hide)
Photo from Dutch embassy in Moscow. That was left by a real Russian, not by one of Soviets who glorify Putin and think he protects them from imperialistic West

Neither would True Scotsmen, but they went extinct when logic was invented.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: July 19, 2014, 03:54:08 am »

Yeah, Guardian GI, can you tone down the "The West are Nazis that will invade Russia for fun and giggles"? If you want to discuss this, go have your own thread, or post actual arguments.
Sure.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Myrkky100

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: July 19, 2014, 08:40:52 am »

And in other news:
Surprise ruling clears former Italian prime minister of having sex with an underage prostitute and abuse of power.

They were still in court about that? I thought the statute of limitations in Italy was something like 3 weeks...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 08:42:43 am by Myrkky100 »
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
- Tacitus

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: July 19, 2014, 09:12:43 am »

Pro-Russian rebels are still preventing OSCE observers from investigating the crash site, Ukraine accuses them of making evidence disappear.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: July 19, 2014, 09:16:32 am »

Neither would True Scotsmen, but they went extinct when logic was invented.

I don't know, I was speaking Gaelic in a kilt not too long ago, eating shortbread while someone played bagpipes in the background and I felt awfully close.

Is asking for forgiveness after something as terrible as the plane being shot down by mistake "surrendering"?

Pro-Russian rebels are still preventing OSCE observers from investigating the crash site, Ukraine accuses them of making evidence disappear.

The reports that they sent the black boxes from the flight to Moscow are very disturbing.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: July 19, 2014, 09:24:23 am »

German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Friday spoke out against independence for the Spanish region of Catalonia, siding with the Spanish government's official position that the territorial integrity of Spain must be protected.

Somewhat interesting I guess.

I am not surprised by this. She will undoubtedly speak out against Scottish independence too; she already has in that statement if not directly when she referred to "protecting the territorial integrity of all EU member states". This will not have much of an affect on things, however.

It's unfortunate that she didn't take that opportunity to support the Catalans' movement to at least hold a referendum. Denying the Catalan people their right to self determination by preventing them from holding a referendum or ignoring it is not the way to go about things in the modern world.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: July 19, 2014, 09:25:35 am »

Compassion and human decency are apparently surrender.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: July 19, 2014, 09:27:36 am »

Why would she speak out against the Scottish? The English are okay with the referendum so I see no reason for any other world leader not to be.

Now I think about it, it would be giant dick move against your supposed ally Spain to support their internal indepence movements without Spain itself being okay-ish with them (like the UK) as well. Honestly I'm mostly surprised at her not just ignoring the issue altogether.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: July 19, 2014, 09:31:33 am »

Why would she speak out against the Scottish? The English are okay with the referendum so I see no reason for any other world leader not to be.

Being okay with the referendum doesn't mean you can't speak out against independence. Most decent politicians speaking out against independence on the issue have said "I support the right of the Scottish people to decide their future but etc". She didn't give the Catalans that courtesy.

Now I think about it, it would be giant dick move against your supposed ally Spain to support their internal indepence movements without Spain itself being okay-ish with them (like the UK) as well. Honestly I'm mostly surprised at her not just ignoring the issue altogether.

Spain's blocking of the Catalan referendum will only galvanise the Catalan independence movement. They will probably win, I think.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: July 19, 2014, 09:36:53 am »

Well, no government will openly support independence movements in other EU countries. Cameron would feel like being backstabbed if Merkel would support Scottish independence, same in Spain. Talking about territorial integrity is a show of loyality that costs nothing at all, not showing that loyality is a disturbance of (already not-so-great) relations.
What happens in practice, should the referendum be successful, is something else entirely.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: July 19, 2014, 09:38:36 am »

Well, no government will openly support independence movements in other EU countries. Cameron would feel like being backstabbed if Merkel would support Scottish independence, same in Spain. Talking about territorial integrity is a show of loyality that costs nothing at all, not showing that loyality is a disturbance of (already not-so-great) relations.
What happens in practice, should the referendum be successful, is something else entirely.

Should the referendum be successful then the question stops being "how do we stop Scotland from being independent" and changes to "what kind of a relationship do we want to have with Scotland and how can we make the best of this?" - That goes for all parties, whether it's the UK or Germany or Spain.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7843 on: July 19, 2014, 09:44:39 am »

I hope that marauders who looted remains of the aircrash will be never called Ukrainians in the Western Media....

BTW, I will not be surprised if they will demand ransom for bodies
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: July 19, 2014, 09:54:08 am »

I hope that marauders who looted remains of the aircrash will be never called Ukrainians in the Western Media....

BTW, I will not be surprised if they will demand ransom for bodies

What would the point be of ransoming for the bodies? It would also be rather ghoulish or something.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there was looting for valuable copper and other metal.
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 1393