Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1746156 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #7515 on: July 13, 2014, 01:12:46 pm »

Being recognizable to the people isn't how you get things done in Europe though. If Merkel takes that seat, it's far more likely that other nations will be far less diplomatic in order not to be seen as lapdog to Germany to their own constituency. Van Rompuy was ridiculed for a moment, and then left alone to do what needed to be done.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: July 13, 2014, 03:13:59 pm »

So sweeeet
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: July 13, 2014, 03:56:22 pm »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: July 13, 2014, 04:27:59 pm »

While bloodthirsty irredentist mafiosi Putin is chilling out with Merkel in Rio, Ukrainian forces are assaulting Lugansk. There are reports of heavy Ukrainian artillery fire and air strikes.

Lugansk Airport (?) on fire:

Videos:
Fires burning on the outskirts of the city
Ditto, shot around 21:00 local time

The city is being attacked from 3 directions, pro-Russian forces are holding out, despite being heavily outnumbered.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: July 13, 2014, 06:26:23 pm »

Authoritarians rarely have a sense of irony:

Quote from: Yahoo News
Vladimir Putin has waded into the Falkland Islands row, telling Britain it must sit down with Argentina for fresh talks to resolve the dispute.

The Russian president, who has faced international criticism over the annexation of Crimea and continuing tensions on the Ukraine border, said his country supported "the necessity" to find a solution to the 200-year-old feud.

Speaking at a dinner with Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner on a one-day visit to the country, Mr Putin added: "I'd like to draw attention to the words of the president regarding double discourse in international affairs."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: July 13, 2014, 07:14:25 pm »

At night from 12th to 13th of July Ukraine was on the brink of a full scale war with Russia

Inforesist.org is a very pro-Ukrainian site and tend to exaggerate Russian loses by an order of magnitude, but I believe that this article may be true

BTW, Inforesist.org/en is a nice place for news from Ukraine if you don't mind pro-Ukrainian bias
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: July 13, 2014, 10:27:38 pm »

On the leaders in the FIFA final, Poroshenko said that he decided not to go, even though he had planned on talking with Putin there (or it was Putins plans?), although a few other sources seemed to say he did, so I'm not really sure.

Right now probably isn't a good time for Poroshenko to go off and watch the final games in Brazil anyway.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: July 14, 2014, 04:35:35 am »

Ha.
The only people who don't like Germany? Fucking Ukips.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7523 on: July 14, 2014, 07:08:20 am »

La Crimea Son Argentinas

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: July 14, 2014, 07:26:39 am »

Meet the Americans campaigning for Scottish independence.

Unfortunately they don't talk enough about those campaigners and try to summarise the referendum most of the time so Americans can understand it. I've nothing against that, I just wish they'd talk about the campaigners more; I know for instance that the woman they mention at the end, Melissa Murray, is a very intelligent woman and effective campaigner who deserves a full interview to get her views across. I don't know her personally but I've seen her on the internet. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:48:32 am by Owlbread »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: July 14, 2014, 08:38:46 am »

note how owlbread went vOv and stopped responding

Because I realised what Scriver realised, and I decided there was no point in arguing it any further because arguing that point with Dwarfy One and trying to get to the conclusion I want would be like trying to get water out of a stone.
Well, hell. Look who's talking.  ::)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7526 on: July 14, 2014, 09:42:52 am »

Passive aggressiveness makes me want to throw bricks at things, directed at nobody in particular.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7528 on: July 14, 2014, 11:20:52 am »

Passive aggressiveness makes me want to throw bricks at things, directed at nobody in particular.
Except people that are passive aggressive?
But then I'd be directing bricks at people in particular.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7529 on: July 14, 2014, 11:25:16 am »

Well, I won't complain if you start off by braining the worst passive-aggressive people.
But you're being passive aggressive right now by proxy threatening brickings for the passive aggressive

Though maybe that's direct
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 1393