Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749394 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #3331 on: January 19, 2014, 02:33:44 pm »

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: January 19, 2014, 02:55:22 pm »

Is this like a wildfire raging until it burns out, or will it just keep growing and burning until it consumes everything and becomes a revolution?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 02:57:05 pm by Owlbread »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3333 on: January 19, 2014, 03:41:44 pm »

The death knell of UKIP will be their crazies. They can't keep them under control. Would you fellows down south suggest that UKIP are crashing and burning?
Aross the Atlantic they're saying they're assimilating votes and the lovable irony of the eurosceptic party winning the most seats in the EU parliament every time always gets me.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: January 19, 2014, 03:46:27 pm »

Is this like a wildfire raging until it burns out, or will it just keep growing and burning until it consumes everything and becomes a revolution?

I think the crowds will be violently dispersed before morning, Police has just too many forces and not very picky in their methods. If no, I will be pleasantly surprised

Then... Then it's hard to say where will it go, maybe full scale revolution and Syria-like situation, maybe majority will give up and we will become a worse version of Belarus. Maybe the army will go our side and everything will end rather quickly.
I can say for sure that Ukraine has thousands willing to die but not live in USSR the second edition. If nation is  not ready for full scale revolution, then sooner or later OUN-like terrorist guerrilla groups will emerge.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: January 19, 2014, 04:00:34 pm »

I'm aware that in Ukraine there are a lot of people wishing not to live under russian infuence. I now wonder: are there any who actually want to? Or others mostly keep neutrality?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 04:08:48 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: January 19, 2014, 04:22:07 pm »

How popular/widespread is the idea of splitting the country?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: January 19, 2014, 04:28:26 pm »

Ooh, and you can teach the other side another language as well.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: January 19, 2014, 04:30:19 pm »

Historically speaking wasn't Eastern Ukraine Zaporozhian Cossack territory?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: January 19, 2014, 04:30:36 pm »

Maybe you should just have a single language called European... It is essentially English, but nobody gets offended by it.  :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3340 on: January 19, 2014, 04:32:06 pm »

Maybe you should just have a single language called European... It is essentially English, but nobody gets offended by it.  :P
The notion of a single European language is offensive.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: January 19, 2014, 04:33:00 pm »

The notion of a single European language is offensive.
Got it. You can all just adopt American then, that way nobody is being favored.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: January 19, 2014, 04:37:08 pm »

I'm aware that in Ukraine there are a lot of people wishing not to live under russian infuence. I now wonder: are there any who actually want to? Or others mostly keep neutrality?
I'd say Ukraine has five major groups
1) Pro Russian (USSR was good and stuff like that)
2) Pro-EU (We want to live as Europe and join EU sooner or later)
3) Nationalists ( No, we don't want to be a part of EU, because it is far from ideal)
4) Large "We care not about politics" group
5) Police\judges\various officials (We benefit from the corrupted system and want to maintain it)

Current events it's mostly 2s and 3s acting united against 5s with moderate 1s keeping  neutrality partly because they are rather fed up with overall situation and see both sides as equally bad options. Radical 1s are with the government, of cause.

Hard to tell. There are enough on both sides, but with no clear borders, I see no way dividing wothout large war. If it was possible to do that peacefully, I'd happily sent Crimea and some other regions to their beloved Russia and build normal state without them.

Historically speaking wasn't Eastern Ukraine Zaporozhian Cossack territory?
Historically speaking rather large chunk of modern Russia is Ukrainian ethnically territory... But that changed.  Holodomor did it's job
As for Zaporizhya it is not included in my - don't want to see them in my country regions)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: January 19, 2014, 04:43:34 pm »

I thought Svoboda was pro-EU...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: January 19, 2014, 04:44:51 pm »

So there is no history of a historical nation in the Eastern/Donbas area? Besides ethnic Ukrainians?
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 1393