Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1743017 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #1665 on: September 23, 2013, 01:46:36 pm »

What do you want exactly? An overview of the various movement's political leaning?

Yes, and why they want to separate. Pretty much what you guys did on the Flemish.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: September 23, 2013, 01:47:31 pm »

If were in the mood, would anyone care to describe the other separatists mentioned? "Sardinians, Sicilians, Catalans, Venetians, Basques, South Tyrolians and Flemish."
I found this handy resource for all of those.

You've already asked a question before (many questions before) that no one feels is worth taking the time to answer, or no one has the knowledge you're looking for pertaining to those. People here explain situations as a hobby, we're not your personal school to dictate to you every situation that the world finds itself in.

Sorry if this is a little strong, but I see you doing this all the time.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: September 23, 2013, 01:48:34 pm »

Well, we did it on the Flemish because we're Belgians, so we obviously know a bit about them.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: September 23, 2013, 01:55:58 pm »

Well, we did it on the Flemish because we're Belgians, so we obviously know a bit about them.

That really should have registered by now. Huh. Willfor, I'm angling for your opinions, not an abstract education. If I'd come in with a muddled mess of a point you wouldn't be complaining, you'd be correcting me, and i would have preferred that. The important element here is the conversation and this looks like it will do, for now. Think of it as a conversation starter (mhyes).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 01:59:49 pm by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: September 23, 2013, 01:58:37 pm »

I'm fully in favor of seperatism of pretty much everyone who wants it all over the world, even the Quebecois (we might need a corridor to connect to the maritimes if that happens, but there's plenty of open space in Quebec to stick a highway and trainway that won't cause people to move)

But I'm also in favour of supra-national entities like a pan-African league or the EU or the South American Union becoming more powerful, at least if they're also more democratic (you guys don't vote for the EU council, right? That's a whole lot of bullshit to me :v)

Kind of like splitting everyone up and tying them together again into a single bundle, instead of having a whole bunch of bundles tied in to a larger bundle. Seems more stable to me, personally.

This is my stance exactly. I agree with Descan here 100%.

Nope, they weren't. During both world Wars, there were roughly 3 groups in the Vlaamse Beweging.

But these guys aren't the Vlaamse Beweging, they are Vlaamse Volksbeweging. They were formed originally by Maurits Coppieters.

But yes, Novel, your question is too broad for us to answer and we're not really in a position to comment on most of them. Wikipedia is your friend on that one.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 02:05:59 pm by Owlbread »

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: September 23, 2013, 02:00:43 pm »

-snip, double post-

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: September 23, 2013, 02:09:16 pm »

But yes, Novel, your question is too broad for us to answer and we're not really in a position to comment on most of them. Wikipedia is your friend on that one.

Thanks, no problem.
Reading a thinner book

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: September 23, 2013, 02:58:48 pm »

But these guys aren't the Vlaamse Beweging, they are Vlaamse Volksbeweging. They were formed originally by Maurits Coppieters.
The manifestation you saw was a delegation of the Vlaams Belang though. They kinda specialize in those things. Other important activities of giving out flags at important events, and providing folders to everyone who wants or doesn't want them.

Oh, and they gave chocolate once though.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: September 23, 2013, 04:27:35 pm »

There's also Corsica, though the movement is much more radical.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: September 23, 2013, 04:30:39 pm »

I did keep an eye out for Corsicans but I only saw Sardinian flags. Also that Lega Nord group as well I think.

The manifestation you saw was a delegation of the Vlaams Belang though. They kinda specialize in those things. Other important activities of giving out flags at important events, and providing folders to everyone who wants or doesn't want them.

Oh, and they gave chocolate once though.

I thank you immensely for telling me that, considering the Daily Telegraph newspaper is trying to describe them as a "far-right" movement in a bid to discredit our own independence campaign. You know, seeing as we marched with them and so forth.

I wish they gave out chocolate this year. What kind of chocolate is it? I understand chocolate in Belgium is a Spanish introduction, but are the Flemings known for it in particular?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 04:35:03 pm by Owlbread »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: September 23, 2013, 05:03:04 pm »

The Vlaams Belang is the far-right party.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: September 23, 2013, 05:36:11 pm »

How far right are we talking? BNP levels?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: September 23, 2013, 05:49:50 pm »

How far right are we talking? BNP levels?
Quote from: Dr. Wik E. Pedia
The Vlaams Belang official immigration policy has been slightly moderated from that of the former Vlaams Blok. In its new program, the party simply call for the repatriation of those immigrants who "reject, deny or combat" Flemish culture as well as certain European values, including freedom of expression and equality between men and women. Filip Dewinter has stated that women wearing the hijab have "effectively signed their contract for deportation."[23]

In order to secure Flemish cities, the party wants to implement a policy of zero tolerance. It supports the abolition of the Belgian parole law, which allows convicts to be released after only one third of their prison sentence has been served. The party also oppose drug liberalization. Citing "a massive overrepresentation of immigrants in crime statistics," the party also wants to deport criminal and illegal foreigners, as well as seeking to "combat Islamic terror threat."[31]
Somewhere between UKIP and BNP, I'd say.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: September 23, 2013, 05:57:28 pm »

Yeah that's about right, between UKIP and BNP. At least they don't want to deport their criminals to the South Sandwich islands off the coast of Antarctica and put them to work in a penal colony like the BNP do.

That said, it doesn't seem like the guys at the rally were Vlaams Belang. Can you tell me where you heard that?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:05:51 pm by Owlbread »

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #1679 on: September 23, 2013, 07:53:35 pm »

For those not aquainted with German Politics, a Party needs 5% to enter into the German Government (the Bundestag). It is common that German Parties form Coalitions to form over 50% of the Bundestag and reign country.

I like this premise. I like it a lot. Does it work? I mean, do you think it's beneficial for Germany to have such a large multi-party system? Is there too much split and nothing gets done?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 1393