Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1743805 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #1215 on: August 07, 2013, 07:36:38 am »

And regardless, African's sure as hell aren't buying ferraris for the aid money.

Unless he means corrupt officials, I guess, but that's hardly what he said.
Love, scriver~

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: August 07, 2013, 10:04:33 am »

UKIP MEP at it again.

If UKIP were actually an articulate right-wing anti-European party they'd do really well in Tory heartlands of England. They'd probably even get the government some day if they could somehow get through to the working classes. Fortunately, they're idiots who couldn't find their arse with both hands.

I was just reading this article and I couldn't help but notice the comments. I know it's the Express, the mouthpiece of Conservatism and all the rest of it, but my god.

Quote from: doublebogey
Could be Bloom is a reincarnation of Enoch Powell,he was villified no matter what he said,he basically said what the British public at the time were thinking but afraid to say it out loud!!!!!!!!!!

He's a reincarnation of Enoch Powell. The second coming of racist Jesus.

Quote from: SirMichael
He's got MY vote ! The presenters on Sky who interviewed him are the real idiots. One billion pounds a month goes AWOL and all they worry about is " why did you use the term bongo bongo land ?."

It's like someone sticking a gun in your face and saying "hand to money over fatty" and although you've been robbed of your hard earned money all you do is complain they used the word "fatty".

I suspect the majority of the British people know what the real crime is here,and those idiots on TV who are sooooo PC,ought to be given the sack.Can't wait for UKIP to get elected !

That, my friends, is a UKIP voter.

Spoiler: This is a long one. (click to show/hide)

This one too. He's a walking stereotype in fact.

Quote from: CPP
We need more like Mr Bloom in Parliament. Why are people denied medical treatments due to cost. Cut backs in NHS and health in one way or another. Cut backs in Police and Military and Services in the UK, cut backs in benefits yet we can afford Overseas Aid.

Overseas Aid is criminal behaviour whilst denying our own countries people proper fully funded services!

Go get them Mr Bloom we need overseas aid to "Bongo Bongo" states cut to ZERO!

Yeah, it's not like renewing a multi-billion pound nuclear defence system designed to defeat 1970s Russia is a waste of money, it's foreign aid! Cut that bongo-bongo aid to zero!

Quote from: Owlstalker
Good for Godfrey - another honest politician (that's 2 that I can name - strange they're both UKIP). I agree we shouldn't be aiding bongo bongo land - or any other foreign -istan or non-Britishland who are likely to attack us or send terrorists at the first opportunity. UKIP gets my vote if they're going to talk sensibly about what the real British public are concerned about, rather than what the Camermorons, Claggys, and Miliblobs think we want to hear.

My god. You'd think he was joking.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:17:18 am by Owlbread »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: August 07, 2013, 10:10:46 am »

You are not a racist for opposing aid, open immigration "and all that jazz". I happen to agree with the fact that sending billions in aid overseas while cutting public sector spending is illogical. Its the terms he uses that I find out of order for a politician. You are a racist if you refer to all nations getting aid as "bongo-bongo land" and are known to have given Nazi salutes to German politicians, like this guy has.

go get yourself cloned, we need more people like you in this world where "racist" has become an umbrella term for anyone you disagree with

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: August 07, 2013, 10:29:43 am »

Quote from: SirMichael
He's got MY vote ! The presenters on Sky who interviewed him are the real idiots. One billion pounds a month goes AWOL and all they worry about is " why did you use the term bongo bongo land ?."

It's like someone sticking a gun in your face and saying "hand to money over fatty" and although you've been robbed of your hard earned money all you do is complain they used the word "fatty".

I don't really follow Brittish Politics, so I don't know what he is talking about with this billion pounds, but the way he phrased it it sounds like he accused this Bloom guy of stealing a billion pounds.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: August 07, 2013, 10:31:37 am »

He's referring to the idea of a billion pounds being wasted on aid every month, and that Bloom was commenting on that while the News presenters only concentrated on his racism.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:35:25 am by Owlbread »

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: August 07, 2013, 11:13:32 am »

... and are known to have given Nazi salutes to German politicians, like this guy has.
Oh yeah, I remember that guy. Even if british parliamentary rhetoric is not always as cuddly as ours, that was pretty low.

On the issue of developmental aid, a lot of african economists are pointing out that this prevents african countries from developing their own economies, because free food makes local farming unprofitable, so whole countries remain dependent on foreign aid even for basic goods. Then there is - besides the terrible corruption - the infrastructure issue. Wasn't it a few years ago in Kenya (I think?) when grain was rotting in containers in the north of the country while people were starving in the south? The whole thing is a big dilemma, if you don't help people starve, if you do, you might make things worse in the long term.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: August 07, 2013, 11:25:00 am »

Quote from: Owlstalker
Good for Godfrey - another honest politician (that's 2 that I can name - strange they're both UKIP). I agree we shouldn't be aiding bongo bongo land - or any other foreign -istan or non-Britishland who are likely to attack us or send terrorists at the first opportunity. UKIP gets my vote if they're going to talk sensibly about what the real British public are concerned about, rather than what the Camermorons, Claggys, and Miliblobs think we want to hear.

My god. You'd think he was joking.
Owlbread's evil twin, Owlstalker. He loves the Queen, loves the Union, loves colonialism, and loves Thatcher.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 07, 2013, 12:09:45 pm »

So why not fund development of infrastructure, instead of free food? :P

(No, seriously. Is there a case against infrastructure funding?)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 07, 2013, 12:11:46 pm »

We did that in the fifties, and the sixties.

Resulted in a lot of useless projects. Highways for people who didn't have cars. Railways and trains that nobody knew to maintain. Power stations that sat idly without fuel, and demand.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 07, 2013, 12:14:02 pm »

So why not fund development of infrastructure, instead of free food? :P

(No, seriously. Is there a case against infrastructure funding?)

infrastructure funding -> colonialism HO! unless done by ngos

but a ngo won't build you an infrastructure because how the hell are you going to market a road to get more funding out of the people

this leads to a fuckton of decaying wells all over africa because nobody ever taught anyone how to maintain wells, they just plopped it down, or schools without teachers, etc. etc.

doesn't stop china though, china doesn't have two fucks to give about colonialism since they were a victim of it historically

ebbor ninja'd me with what was done previously so i've nothing to add to his part

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: August 07, 2013, 12:25:23 pm »

Oh, so the answer is "Don't do it at all because we half-assed it before and it didn't work."

... Bluh.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 07, 2013, 12:28:21 pm »

More like. Don't do it because we don't have the money to do it properly, and no reason either.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 07, 2013, 12:31:27 pm »

Actually, we do, the problem is that building school sound way better than maintaining them, so infrastructure get buit with foreign money then rot in place.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 07, 2013, 12:49:14 pm »

doesn't stop china though, china doesn't have two fucks to give about colonialism since they were a victim of it historically
I think China has enough people and territory to worry about.  Adding more things to manage ain't gonna help them win any points... anywhere.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 07, 2013, 12:55:09 pm »

They pay for infrastructure, then buy the resources extracted using it. Double win.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 1393