Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 559

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread  (Read 417421 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread
« Reply #750 on: March 19, 2013, 09:48:42 pm »

Olison glared at Adrien, then to Chris and Taki, speaking in a quiet voice.

: "That wasn't what I was told. Did the Lady intend this?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 19, 2013, 10:03:37 pm »

"Ohhh... so this Lady expect us to kill him..? Heheh...I do not know her, but I like the way she solves problems..heh.."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 19, 2013, 10:04:43 pm »

Derrick had a not too happy look on face, but didn't say anything.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 10:08:46 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 19, 2013, 10:05:18 pm »

: "Gregor, do you now have a problem with killing a man for his thievery?"

: "I...I don't know..."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 19, 2013, 10:09:46 pm »

: "I...I don't know..."

: "Well, I do not! If he stole all that money from someone, he should be punished for his crime. What if he had to kill people in Mercia to get it? What about their families? I won't sit idly by as Eor clasps his grubby hands around such an important family treasure!"

: "...Such important. Money. Gold. That was probably passed down for generations. Via inheritance."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 19, 2013, 10:57:54 pm »

"What can I say, Olison? Eor's family are a bunch of thieving bastards and we're supposed to get the 'thing' back from him. And it's a virtual certainty he won't want to part with it while he breathes."

Chris looked around at the mercenaries.

"Wait. Did Adrien seriously not tell you what you were hired to do? Ha ha ha. Well, what Lady Prixima said is that about fifty years ago or so, a possession of her family's ended up in Eor's possession and he isn't planning on giving it back. So, like a brute squad, you people have been hired to help us - that would be me, Olison, and these four who were waiting for us - get it back from him at any cost. That doesn't necessarily mean killing him, but it's very likely we'll have to."

"As for the item, don't worry about what it is. I'll know it when I see it - Adrien might as well - and I'm the one who's supposed to handle it, with Olison as the back-up keeper if something were to happen to me. Besides that, she sent Taki up this way to spy on him instead of me, but the fact she hasn't told us anything about his defenses yet says to me that our Lady picked the wrong person to go and get information... Unless you care to prove me wrong, Taki?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 19, 2013, 11:58:33 pm »

Taki yawned, ordering a round of chicken wings from the bar.

"Don't bait me, you skeevy bugger.

All I learned was Eors location-the old eastern windmill-and the fact the town will probably fight to the death to protect him. Why not? He spends what he takes there. They think he's the second coming of our Lord, or a real life Robyn Hyood*.

I'd put their forces at say...30 militiamen, 8 lieutenants, and 2 Captains-but less than half on duty at any one time, usually-and probably double that if we make them mad-small towns are used to everybody grabbing a pitchfork and joining in regardless, lots of em have experience-retired soldiers and all that. Numbers ultimately vary on how drunk they all are, which varies. Needless to say, alot of buggers if we choose to go in the hard way. "

Spoiler: Info I was pm'ed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Robyn Hyood (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:30:27 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 20, 2013, 12:07:27 am »

: "So, what would you suggest as the 'easy way' then Taki? Though at this moment, I am seeing the value of taking the hard way, if only due to the simplicity of it."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 20, 2013, 12:11:33 am »

"What you will do with this guy really does not interest me.. I just want to study the dragonstone, I never saw one before.. but I heard about them a lot of times. AND maybe we can even kill some guards too..hehe..he.. the only thing that bothers me yet is that I am not really sure if we are on the "right side". I saw too many royal people hiring others to execute low-class members that were turning into a bother to them as they were helping their villages... so we may need to stop and think about it for a while. "

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 20, 2013, 12:24:58 am »

"For what it's worth, I'm in favor of whichever method does not involve slaughtering the townsfolk wholesale. "

"What you will do with this guy really does not interest me.. I just want to study the dragonstone, I never saw one before.. but I heard about them a lot of times. AND maybe we can even kill some guards too..hehe..he.. the only thing that bothers me yet is that I am not really sure if we are on the "right side". I saw too many royal people hiring others to execute low-class members that were turning into a bother to them as they were helping their villages... so we may need to stop and think about it for a while. "

Valor grimaced, staring into the middle distance. "If you're planning to lose sleep over whether or not the side you're on is 'right', I suggest a different line of work. These are father's sons and mother's daughters you're going to be asked to fight and kill. The side that has the moral high ground is of little consequence."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 20, 2013, 12:27:45 am »

: "So, what would you suggest as the 'easy way' then Taki? Though at this moment, I am seeing the value of taking the hard way, if only due to the simplicity of it."

"A quiet-like nighttime raid. We move in after a long harvest day, when they're drunk and happy and asleep-get to this Eor when he takes his boots off, when he thinks he's safe. Snag him with minimal fuss and risk. If we're quick, probably not a whole lot of people have to die, most importantly not us.

As for my own belief, we do the job like professionals, we avoid needless killing-not botch the thing into a gory mess. I'm only on my side...being quick and not making mistakes, that counts alot better than just having good intentions."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 20, 2013, 12:34:08 am »

"And for this nighttime raid, a crack squad of..." Valor paused to count off the number of people assembled, slowing near the end. "... Ten and three, looks like, one of whom is a Pegasus rider, was assembled?" Unease spread across Valor's face. "We're a mite hefty in numbers for such a thing, wouldn't you say?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 20, 2013, 12:35:01 am »

: "Sounds like a good, basic plan. Not too much that can go wrong. And it's likely that alot of the militia would be tired after helping with the harvest too, so we could count on not having much resistance in taking Eor and the objective unless he has retainers or the like.

All in all, a fairly reasonable plan Taki, and a professional one at that. Suffice to say, I'm glad Prixima assigned you to us for this mission. Now, do we have a map of the area around the windmill? That would certainly help us plan this in detail."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 20, 2013, 12:35:54 am »

: (muttered to himself) "I for one certainly don't want to kill more people than we have to."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 20, 2013, 12:46:50 am »

"And for this nighttime raid, a crack squad of..." Valor paused to count off the number of people assembled, slowing near the end. "... Ten and three, looks like, one of whom is a Pegasus rider, was assembled?" Unease spread across Valor's face. "We're a mite hefty in numbers for such a thing, wouldn't you say?"

Taki nibbled one of her chicken wings, enjoying a meal while discussing death and mayhem.

"Not easy, but not impossible-I have to work with what I'm given. Could probably do this with half as many of ya who was twice as good, but I get the feeling Princess Prix doesn't really care about collateral.

We'll need the numbers anyway, in case he has any personal guards, which I suppose he does. And, assuming we've a need for close in quiet work, that's my specialty-along with the Skeever over there. I assume you all are not idiots and can walk in a staggered formation without making alot of noise, we're fine...but I understand your concern. Unless you'd prefer to march through town square in the morning sunlight, we'll see how that works, ey?"

: "Sounds like a good, basic plan. Not too much that can go wrong. And it's likely that alot of the militia would be tired after helping with the harvest too, so we could count on not having much resistance in taking Eor and the objective unless he has retainers or the like.

All in all, a fairly reasonable plan Taki, and a professional one at that. Suffice to say, I'm glad Prixima assigned you to us for this mission. Now, do we have a map of the area around the windmill? That would certainly help us plan this in detail."

Taki seemed uncomfortable at the praise.

"Erm, thanks...

And on the other thing, ALOT can go wrong. Men plan and the Gods laugh, remember that?"

With that, she shrugged and took out a hand drawn map from a cylinder on her waist (done in her own roughly serviceable scribble) and placed rolled it out onto the table.

((OOC: Assuming we do have a map of some sort :P ))

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 559