Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 72

Author Topic: Build A Village: The Orebaron of Alucard  (Read 99534 times)

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Turn 5
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2013, 08:21:00 pm »

Turn 5:

Site:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You put your apron back on. You keep trying too catch one of the little animals since there isn't really anything better to do.

The goblin who taste tested the blue berries says his stomach hurts a little. his tongue is still stained deep blue from the berry's juice.

Everything else proceeds as normal apart from the first batch of usable wood being made.

Stream(south):
The Goblin scout gives up on the idea of exploring west and instead decides to try and kill one of the animals drinking from the stream. He begins to sneak towards the creature using his natural camouflage to his advantage. He notices that the bushes around him contain red and blue berries. He hasn't decided whether to throw his spear or attempt to sneak close enough to stab the animal.

East:
The Human scout approaches the Green Ridgeback and notices a yellow flower along the way, the flower has a succulent bulb. The Ridgeback growls a warning at him, appearing to be protective of it's kill. The animal is covered in short thick fur, it is unclear what the ridges on it's back are made of. It is probably best to gather some food before any attempts at taming.

Inventory:

Tasks:

Population:

Settler's Wants:

Spoiler: Author Notes: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:23:45 pm by Evil Lincoln »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Build A Village: Lordsmiths and wordplay
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2013, 09:00:27 pm »

Killing the creature in the west is a bad idea. We dony have a way to protect ourselves if the whole herd attacks, and he makes it to our site. Just gather the berries and come back. That is smarter.
As for those other blueberries that we found. . . .i think the goblen ate dye.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2013, 09:06:04 pm »

They look like deer to me.

Have the other guy hunt the rabbit things.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2013, 09:33:25 pm »

Try to tame the fuzzy thing caught.

South Human: Hunt some fuzzy things, use them to tame the Green Ridgebacked Drake.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Turn 6
« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2013, 12:04:17 am »

Turn 6:

Site:
Monty says they have prayed enough and he and the sick goblin go and watch the goblin digging a pit/socialize. The other idle goblin comes to congratulate you since...

You have finally manage to catch one of the animals! It headed the opposite direction to the others and you outsmarted it +20xp.

You don't really have anywhere to hold it unless you build a pen. You(or someone else) could always just butcher it now though.

Stream(south):
The Goblin scout decides to throw the spear at the animal since it gives him a better chance of running away if things go badly. He manages to hit the animal in the rump, it lets out a loud distressed cry and begins to run and flail wildly. The other animals downstream are alarmed by the cry and some of them even begin to run without even looking for the source of the danger.

East:
The Human scout backs away from the Ridgeback and it drops it's threatening posture. He attempts to spear a small animal to offer to the beast but misses.

Inventory:

Tasks:

Population:

Settler's Wants:

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2013, 03:17:34 am »

Have the goblin scout stalk the wounded deer.  The thing will probably bleed out. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2013, 03:52:20 am »

Get any idlers to build a small stone shrine.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2013, 03:54:26 am »

Train the fluffy wambler to sit on your head.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2013, 04:06:11 am »

Have the goblin scout stalk the wounded deer.  The thing will probably bleed out.
agreed.

A wooden communal house is probably more important than a shrine right now. Have the idlers start planning for a big round communal house. Use wood for walls and ceiling, and maybe stone to consolidate.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Turn 7
« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2013, 07:01:52 am »

Turn 7:

Site:
You put the animal on your head. It doesn't want to stay there but you hold it there anyway.

The idlers get to work designing a communal roundhouse. Goblins aren't the sharpest tools in the shed but having two of them makes up for it.

Monty is looking for suitable stones to make a small shrine from.

Stream(south):
The scout gets lucky and the animal manages to kill itself by accidentally pushing the spear against a tree, running through most of it's vital organs.

The rest of the animals are all running now.

East:
The Human scout misses again. The ridgeback finishes it's meal and it looks like it wants seconds.

Inventory:

Tasks:

Population:

Settler's Wants:

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 13, 2013, 08:37:11 am »

Human to the west. Take the spear and run. Try to stab at one of the small things, while you are at it. If you can kill it, you can feed the big guy.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2013, 10:21:05 am »

Just back off to the village. Then explore south-east area or help the other hunter/scout bringing back the purple deer (deerple? I like the sound of that  :P)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2013, 10:59:41 am »

PTW
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2013, 04:20:39 pm »

Human to the west. Take the spear and run. Try to stab at one of the small things, while you are at it. If you can kill it, you can feed the big guy.
+1

Goblin with deerple: Bring the corpse back to camp and butcher it.

One Idler: Drag some stones against the wall to form an enclosure big enough to hold the fluffy thing.

Other Idler: Help butcher the deerple.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2013, 04:27:57 pm »

Posting to watch.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 72