Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: Six-Person Chess: Red (Loud Whispers)'s Turn  (Read 17606 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Six-Person Chess, Anyone?
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2013, 05:52:59 am »

I3-I5.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Six-Person Chess: Orange (Doomblade)'s Turn
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2013, 10:15:40 pm »

Also also, can a scout on R3 capture a piece on E6?
Seeing as there's no R3?
Er, I meant E3.
Ah. That makes sense.
...I'm not sure.

Can't you make the tiles a bit more square? And especially the second board?
I'll see what I can do. Although the second board was the one which I didn't change because it was the same.

Also, it was a brilliant idea to give a link to a private spreadsheet. Simply brilliant.
It's mostly for my convenience ATM, because I'm not sure how to make it public-viewable.

Also also, could you please post the next person to move in the title? Hopefully this will make it move a bit faster.
That's a good idea.

Also x3, can we please have a rule that either prevents a teleported piece from moving until the enemy on that board has moved or forces the piece to be no further than a certain distance from the teleporter (i.e. two tiles)? I don't think airdropping pieces anywhere behind enemy lines and insta-capture anything is supposed to be a valid strategy.
Something like that would make sense. Maybe replace the Teleporters with Teleportation Gates or something. I'm going to avoid major changes in the rules halfway through, though.

-----

Board 1:

Board 2:

Board 3:

It is now Doomblade's turn.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2013, 10:32:17 pm »

C9 to D7.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2013, 03:35:34 am »

Just kill the borders altogether, GWG. The current halfway done condition looks horrifying.

Ah. That makes sense.
...I'm not sure.
wat
It's mostly for my convenience ATM, because I'm not sure how to make it public-viewable.
Just look around the settings.
Something like that would make sense. Maybe replace the Teleporters with Teleportation Gates or something. I'm going to avoid major changes in the rules halfway through, though.
Adding the limits I mentioned is not a 'major change', it's a hotfix for a gamebreaking bullshit bug that allows anybody to get a free piece anywhere behind the enemy lines and immediatly move it. Hooray for pawns capturing queens just because they had an empty tile diagonally in front of them.
IMO the best rule would be this: teleporters can move any adjacent piece either anywhere on the current board (so the enemy gets to react before it moves) or any adjacent piece to its exact location on another board.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:48:36 am by Dariush »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2013, 08:45:23 am »

G3 to G5.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Six-Person Chess
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2013, 11:10:16 am »

Just kill the borders altogether, GWG. The current halfway done condition looks horrifying.
I'm not sure why they look like that,

Ah. That makes sense.
...I'm not sure.
wat
This was when I was hurriedly trying to catch up on 1.7 days of games and didn't want to check the rules I had written.
Further analysis rereading the rules suggests no.

Just look around the settings.
It should work now.

Adding the limits I mentioned is not a 'major change', it's a hotfix for a gamebreaking bullshit bug that allows anybody to get a free piece anywhere behind the enemy lines and immediatly move it. Hooray for pawns capturing queens just because they had an empty tile diagonally in front of them.
IMO the best rule would be this: teleporters can move any adjacent piece either anywhere on the current board (so the enemy gets to react before it moves) or any adjacent piece to its exact location on another board.
You make a convincing argument. I'll fix the Teleporter's rules ASAP.

-----

Board 1:

Board 2:

Board 3:

Which makes it javier's go.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:16:24 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Six-Person Chess: Green (javierpwn)'s Turn
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2013, 11:14:54 am »

Yeah, you see.... I can't do my turn right now.....

Your picture is messed up.....

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2013, 11:15:28 am »

Just look at the previous board post.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2013, 11:16:08 am »

Yeah. Still fixing the pic.
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2013, 11:20:04 am »

Guard E9 to D8

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Six-Person Chess
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2013, 11:22:10 am »

Because you're cutting tiles out and pasting them where they need to go, taking the borders with them.
Am I reading it correctly that teleporters can no longer drop the pieces anywhere even on their current board?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2013, 11:24:16 am »

Am I reading it correctly that teleporters can no longer drop the pieces anywhere even on their current board?
I believe it is now anywhere on the current board, and into an orthagonagal space on another board.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2013, 11:44:50 am »

I believe it is now anywhere on the current board, and into an orthagonagal space on another board.
But the teleported pieces don't get a move after they are teleported.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2013, 02:12:18 pm »

Because you're cutting tiles out and pasting them where they need to go, taking the borders with them.
Oh, that problem.
What's your proposed solution?

Yup.

-----

Board 1:

Board 2:

Board 3:

Nerjin?
Sig

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2013, 02:30:56 pm »

Oh, that problem.
What's your proposed solution?
Don't use any borders.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22