Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Ballad of the Stars (IC) - Chapter 1: Derelict Frigates and Mining Colonies  (Read 7427 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile

So you want another story, little one? Can't sleep 'till I've told it to you?
Well, alright. This one's real, little one, so listen closely. It was a long time ago; when men traveled the stars, when the word Honor still meant something.
This is the Ballad of the Stars.

Chapter 1

The Black Sea hangs in the orbit of an uninhabitable gas giant, joining a series of three moons- likely once asteroids- in a slow orbit. It's been several weeks since your last job, and rations are beginning to run low. With ten people on board, you've approximately three weeks until you run out of food.
Luckily, one of those moons is a small mining colony, upon which supplies might be purchased, if you so choose. There, also, a job might be found. The local extranet reports indicate that there has been heavy piracy in the area as of late, and travelers are cautioned to be wary of any vessel which does not bear the standard of the Empire. Sensors indicate that there is at least one unmarked and unpowered transport ship in the area, which, while damaged beyond any feasible repair, and too large to man with a crew of your size anyways, may contain salvage.
Of course, you could always leave for greener pastures if you don't like your chances here. You have a number of options.

While the captain (likely) has final say, your course of action will go to vote. What do you choose to do?

Spoiler: The Ship and Her Crew (click to show/hide)

The OOC Thread
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:23:15 am by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Ballad of the Stars (IC) - Chapter 1: We've got options.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 11:48:28 am »

Let's salvage. I'm betting that we don't have much in the way of treasury cash. Do we?
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 11:55:53 am »

salvage
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 12:29:32 pm »

Let's salvage. I'm betting that we don't have much in the way of treasury cash. Do we?
Any credits you guys have are personal.  If you want to start a group treasury, that's up to you. There's surely room for chips in the ship's hold.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 12:58:27 pm »

(I think my general plan as captain will be to listen to whatever votes are there when I post, and unless they strongly go against my character, come up with a plan that honors them)

Captain Napels leans back in his bunk in his bunk and considers the situation. The salvage is tempting, very tempting. But he had seen tempting salvages before in his years in space. It could very well be a trap by pirates, waiting for a victim to be helplessly linked up to the bait ship before coming in to attack. He would have to play this carefully.

After a few minutes of thought the captain pulls out his communicator and dials it into the ships intercom system, speaking to the crew with a voice that is soft, but dripping with knowledge and authority. "Alright sailors. Listen up. Your captain has a plan of action. We will check out that dead transport ship and try to salvage, but we will do so carefully. We will pull up close to it and give the impression that we have linked up with the damn thing, and then we shall wait 12 hours or so to see if any pirates show up to prey on us. If they don't, we explore the wreck."

Akito pauses as if in thought. "Erick, Trevor, and Joe will not be with us for the exploration of the wreck. They will be dropped off at the mining colony to do our shopping, look for work, and perhaps enjoy a bit of shore leave. If anybody else needs to buy anything, talk to one of those three and come to an agreement."

The captain gets up from his bunk and begins to walk towards the bridge as he finalizes his message and signs off. "I will be on the bridge for the next hour or so if anybody wishes to discuss or debate the plan. Then we shall drop off the three at the colony and get to work. May the pursuit of knowledge give us strength! Akito out."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 01:06:39 pm »

A sleepy black haired mumble "Sound good" before falling asleep again.((Now I think about it he seem to of ended up as Shikamaru. I was not aiming for that.))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 02:48:14 pm »

ptw.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 03:40:16 pm »

Trevor glances up at the intercom, before shrugging one of his shoulders, turning back to the FPS that dominated the screen of his tablet. "Damn'd doldrums. Need real food in 'ere. Not this feckin' ration shi'..."

He glances up, looking around, frowning to himself. "Just 'oo tha' feck was I talk'n to."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:02:16 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 04:54:52 pm »

Jerrod sits in the common room (or dining room, whichever would make more sense), his guns lay disassembled on the table in front of him as he cleans them. As is usual when he does this, his bears a look of one in meditation. When the intercom comes on and finishes its message, he nods without looking up or changing expression, then continues with his task.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 04:58:55 pm »

Joe is in the ship's lab, mixing fluorine compounds. When the announcement occurs, he nods vaguely.
"What? Oh, yeah, shore leave."
He continues experimenting.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 06:13:58 pm »

Erick is in the common room meditating to try and get his mind off of alcohol and his past. He just shoves the message to the back of his mind when the intercom came on.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 10:15:30 pm »

Leera steps briskly into the bridge closing the hatch quietly behind her and comes to attention behind Captain Akito. Rather silly looking for her lack of her height, but proper nonetheless.

"Excuse me, sir. Permission to speak freely regarding the salvage, sir."[\i]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 10:56:25 pm »

(We are mercenaries. Not military. We might use some navy Lingo for technical things, but not for titles and stuff.)

Akito turns to his medic and nods. "Of course. Knowledge and thought cannot bloom unless one can speak freely. Always assume you can unless I tell you otherwise."

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 11:03:17 pm »

Aye. I agree with the salvage but I want to know how we plan on removing a casualty if we were to sustain one on the other ship? Do we know if this vessel is dead, or it's layout? I need a place to designate for treatment if we require a fallback position."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 11:27:27 pm »

"That is a fair concern my child." Akito scratches his reaches for the controls. "Lets see what the sensors can tell us..."

Captian Naples attempts to look up as much as he can about the dead vessel.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8