Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 821571 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Richard Nixon's Sane Conservatism Nostalgia Megathread
« Reply #7877 on: August 01, 2014, 05:33:07 pm »

Some instructors on punching people in the face's take on the NYPD manslaughter charges [where one cop is being accused of manslaughter or homicide for contributing or causing the death of some bloke by putting him in a chokehold]. There's some dark humour in that I had trouble finding this case when I searched 'NYPD manslaughter charge' and had to search 'NYPD manslaughter charge chokehold' to find the relevant source.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: August 01, 2014, 05:44:30 pm »

"Internet, give me an article on the recent NYPD manslaughter"
"Which one?"
"The one with the chokehold."
"Which one?"
"The one where the choked person was black."
"Which one?"
"Oh for f'."

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7880 on: August 03, 2014, 08:36:53 am »

31 of those are trolls from Conservapedia.
Love, scriver~

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7881 on: August 03, 2014, 08:38:42 am »

The other five live in Alaska and can see Russia from their home.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7882 on: August 03, 2014, 08:41:35 am »

I honestly can't tell whether it's a parody site or not.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: August 03, 2014, 08:43:51 am »

Neither can they.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: August 03, 2014, 09:53:26 am »

I don't know why that would be a problem for a lot of American Conservatives. Surely Russia represents exactly the kind of society they'd want?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: August 03, 2014, 10:09:01 am »

Of course not -- it's not in America. Nothing good can come out of godless freedom hating ruskies. C'mon owl, get with the sterotype.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: August 03, 2014, 10:10:38 am »

Of course not -- it's not in America. Nothing good can come out of godless freedom hating ruskies. C'mon owl, get with the sterotype.

But pretty much the only point of contention I can see is that Putin isn't very pro-gun. Besides that he seems like everything they'd want in a President.

You know, that whole "why don't you go and live in Russia then" thing that Conservatives used to say back in the '70s and '80s could be turned on its head quite nicely now. Maybe American left-wingers can tell right-wingers complaining about LGBT rights and the President not being harsh enough on Muslims or "strong enough" in general or something where they could go.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 10:13:39 am by Owlbread »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #7887 on: August 03, 2014, 10:11:14 am »

I don't know why that would be a problem for a lot of American Conservatives. Surely Russia represents exactly the kind of society they'd want?
Jealousy, friend.

I'm kidding, of course. As is always the case, most Conservatives aren't the raving hypocrites we sometimes make them out to be. Just the loudest ones.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7888 on: August 03, 2014, 10:24:18 am »

But pretty much the only point of contention I can see is that Putin isn't very pro-gun. Besides that he seems like everything they'd want in a President.
You're forgetting the rampant xenophobia, owl. I'd like to say it's not as serious as stereotypes make it out to be -- and maybe it isn't, in other areas, I'unno -- but the simple fact that russia == not USA and Putin == Not American earns them both the unending and unequivocal hatred of a significant portion of the conservative base in the area I'm in (and, presumably, other parts of the country), regardless of what they're doing. Most of the ones I've heard talking don't even know what the hell russia is doing or is like (and don't care, honestly), they just spit on it because it's not the USA.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: August 03, 2014, 11:08:32 am »

You're forgetting the rampant xenophobia, owl. I'd like to say it's not as serious as stereotypes make it out to be -- and maybe it isn't, in other areas, I'unno -- but the simple fact that russia == not USA and Putin == Not American earns them both the unending and unequivocal hatred of a significant portion of the conservative base in the area I'm in (and, presumably, other parts of the country), regardless of what they're doing. Most of the ones I've heard talking don't even know what the hell russia is doing or is like (and don't care, honestly), they just spit on it because it's not the USA.

I don't expect any stereotypical republican conservative to have a respect for a place that can't get their problem with pussy riots under control.  Sounds like a bunch of leftist feminsanity.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 667