Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 821364 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: Le Megathread de FJ du Politique Améri-Canadiain Deux: Éh?
« Reply #4740 on: December 11, 2013, 04:43:50 am »

In US politics, I hear that the Dems are getting a nutso-wacko branch similar to the Tea Party for the GOP. Since the GOP is screwed for having to associate with the Tea Party at the cost of offending all of the moderates, the Dems might be finding themselves in a similar situation, meaning all of the lefty-moderates are going to fall out of party support. This might end up creating a real third party, situated in firmly Centrist territory. Speculation is speculation, but I'm kind of excited.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: December 11, 2013, 04:51:34 am »

And what branch would that be?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: December 11, 2013, 05:05:53 am »

And what branch would that be?
Anti-nuclear, GMO food hating, affirmative action weenies?

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #4743 on: December 11, 2013, 06:04:42 am »

I'm guessing it's related to the politician from Seattle that decided that if Boeing left a factory that the factory workers would assume ownership and the state would help step in to retool the factory to produce "useful things" instead of (paraphrasing here) "war machines only useful for killing".

So anarcho-neocommunists?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: December 11, 2013, 06:52:08 am »

Well, one nutjob doesn't make a leftea party.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: December 11, 2013, 07:29:11 am »

Descan, look into the German two-vote system - it's pretty much what you want: You elect your local candidate seperately from the party, and the difference in votes is filled up from party lists.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: December 11, 2013, 09:47:13 am »

The best candidate for a Democratic Tea Party are the Tumblrinas and their academic sympathizers (Women's Studies majors and the more armchairy sociologists). I'd like to say they're not anywhere near becoming a dominant force, but I could see it happening in ten to twenty years. By that time I'll probably be a social moderate turning this side of conservative, so I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun complaining about the decline of society...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:51:34 am by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: December 11, 2013, 09:50:41 am »

Then again, the US's political system is highly biased in favor of a 2 party system. A three party situation is unlikely to last long, and will not have many beneficial results.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: December 11, 2013, 09:51:45 am »

I'm definitely not seeing it. There's not really much sympathy between normal progressives and the Social Justice Warriors. The latter seem to grow out of it a lot as well.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: December 11, 2013, 10:00:41 am »

I'm definitely not seeing it. There's not really much sympathy between normal progressives and the Social Justice Warriors. The latter seem to grow out of it a lot as well.

You'd be surprised- I've talked to a lot of normal progressives who quite honestly believe that any and all "identities" must be immune from criticism, along with "microaggressions" and that sort of twaddle.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: December 11, 2013, 10:06:43 am »

What about the identity of a proud Southern, white, working class Christian gun owner?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: December 11, 2013, 10:10:51 am »

Silly Owlbread, don't you know that oppression is discrimination+privilege? It's perfectly acceptable, and in fact morally demanded, that such cis scum be righteously hated.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: December 11, 2013, 10:13:50 am »

Yes, the cisracial heterogendered menace must be stamped out and eradicated. It's funny though because from what I can tell the Southern, white, working class Christian gun owners I have encountered seem to see themselves as being very much in the minority, having to deal with Californians and New Yorkers and the like in positions of privilege/power.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:23:38 am by Owlbread »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:50:13 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: December 11, 2013, 10:46:20 am »

In other news, any opinion on the budget deal that was reached? On the one hand, it lack any vision or anything. On the other hand, at least the US will be avoiding a shutdown. Actually, exactly what you'd expect from a working but utterly divided congress.

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 667